BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry World 2012 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Wes 2008 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=106830)

Dookie 04-25-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 907006)
Party may start at 7, but dont count on him hitting the stage until at least 9ish.

Which is good, because you can have couple of Corona's before :-)

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiebassett (Post 908396)
I've done the "pick the ones you're interested in, rate them" but then I'm missing something as it doesn't seem to create my schedule for me..

There should be a link there called Auto Scheduler. It will also assist you in resolving conflicts with sessions you picked that overlap.

Frank Castle 04-28-2008 07:58 AM

Getting close! Still no love for the Host hotel.

I was wondering if all those attending can list their hotel, PIN, Cell so we can coordinate. I'd be happy to put this all into excel for everyones reference.

PM me if interested.

jibi 04-28-2008 08:00 AM

Anyone get the invite for the Hootie/Blowfish event for AT&T?

Pinjo 04-28-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 910502)

A big fan of the Blowfish... not so much Hootie. But hey, music is music, right?

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 910502)

Nope. Not an AT&T customer. But then again, I was a Sprint/Nextel customer last year and they refused to invite me.

Pinjo 04-28-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 910555)
Nope. Not an AT&T customer. But then again, I was a Sprint/Nextel customer last year and they refused to invite me.

Plus we aren't as famous as Jibi. He has all of the ins.

brinaht 04-28-2008 09:21 AM

I got the invite for the AT&T party (supposed to get 2 passes). If my husband doesn't make it (and I do get both passes) I'll offer the other one up.

CanadianCrack 04-28-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brinaht (Post 910601)
I got the invite for the AT&T party (supposed to get 2 passes). If my husband doesn't make it (and I do get both passes) I'll offer the other one up.

oh! oh! Pick me! Pick me!
I would be a fun date.

Not an AT&T customer either.
Any ideas on how to get tickets?

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianCrack (Post 910613)
oh! oh! Pick me! Pick me!
I would be a fun date.

Not an AT&T customer either.
Any ideas on how to get tickets?

We crashed the TMob party last year. Result: cold food, watery drinks, crowded bar, bad music.
Got rejected from the Sprint/Nextel party. Seems as though our reputation preceded us.
Attended the Verizon party and had a blast. Good food (lots of it); huge bar in the middle of the room; bundles of gadgets that they gave away.

Already inquired with my Sprint/Nextel rep about the WES activities. She was like, "ummm, yeah....well, Sprint will be there as a major sponsor. But I can't tell anything else even though you're a customer."

I know where I'm going this year. Who's with me?! SPARTACUS!!!

AlanM 04-28-2008 09:45 AM

I'm in, Darth. Haven't heard what Verizon is doing this year. I'll see if I can shake anything loose and find out. We've left Nextel and TMob by the hundreds over the last year, I may not be high on their list (hey, you gotta go with who gives you coverage, right?).

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanM (Post 910637)
I'm in, Darth. Haven't heard what Verizon is doing this year. I'll see if I can shake anything loose and find out. We've left Nextel and TMob by the hundreds over the last year, I may not be high on their list (hey, you gotta go with who gives you coverage, right?).

We also ported hundreds of numbers from Sprint/Nextel in the past year as well. When they asked me why, I told them in very polite terms:
Customer Service: you suck
T-Support: you suck
Quality of hardware: you suck
Quality of service/reception: you suck
Sales responsiveness: you suck
Billing representation: you suck

I think ya'll get the idea.
I've been hitting up my Verizon rep for details too. He's working on it, but says he can't release the details... yet. Maybe next week.

AlanM 04-28-2008 10:07 AM

Just got my email invite for the Verizon gig. Do you wanna know what's going on??????

Asian inspired.

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanM (Post 910659)
Just got my email invite for the Verizon gig. Do you wanna know what's going on??????

Asian inspired.

Send it. BBM incoming with e-mail addy.

jibi 04-28-2008 10:25 AM

My VZW rep put our names on a list or something, but I haven't heard anything back. Still awaiting TMO (he previously contacted me asking if I would be attending), so if anyone hears anything, please post (that way I can know to badger my rep).

TreeDude 04-28-2008 10:43 AM

Hey Guys,

As you can see I am new to the forum. I recently became a BES Admin just a few months ago. I am still very new. But I was able to successfully migrate our BES 2.2 server to a virtual 4.1.4 (and then the sp5 update) with the help of RIM's support.

Anyways, I will be attending WES2008. Hope to see you all there!

Stabs 04-28-2008 10:53 AM

I assume I need to purchase a guest pass if I want a guest to tag along to these parties?

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stabs (Post 910714)
I assume I need to purchase a guest pass if I want a guest to tag along to these parties?

Usually no purchase necessary at all. These are customer appreciation parties.

Joluth 04-28-2008 12:37 PM

Anyone bring laptop daily?

This will be my first WES and I was looking for word from any vetrans on laptops--do a lot of people bring them along each day or is it just another thing to lug around for the day (I'm staying at a non-WES hotel so I guess I can throw it in the rental car for the day)? do they have open wifi access in the conference center?

Any other tips? I will be the only person from my company there so I may have to look for some folks from here to hang out with (even though I am not as active as I should be here).

DarthBBerry 04-28-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joluth (Post 910819)
This will be my first WES and I was looking for word from any vetrans on laptops--do a lot of people bring them along each day or is it just another thing to lug around for the day (I'm staying at a non-WES hotel so I guess I can throw it in the rental car for the day)? do they have open wifi access in the conference center?

Any other tips? I will be the only person from my company there so I may have to look for some folks from here to hang out with (even though I am not as active as I should be here).

I brought mine last year and it stayed in the hotel room the entire time. I didn't want to lug it around. I'm even considering not bringing it this year.

Free Wi-Fi was provided by Meru Networks. Unfortunately, it didnt reach all the way up to my room. Only seemed to work in the conference area.
I didn't see too many folks with laptops.