BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Bad News - Delayed (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=135037)

ghettochild 06-13-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 970515)
i still bet that the BlackBerry outsells the iPhone.

Iphone - 1 device
Over a dozen different BBs if you include all carrier models, with multiple form factors. the iPhone LOST market share in the US in the last quarter, RIM on the other hand, went up.

You don't really believe that the Bold will outsell the iPhone 3g, do you? As far as the entire BB line is concerned, there are about 12-13 million BB users worldwide. BBs are around for what, about 6-8 years? The iPhone with the release in 70 or so countries will likely surpass 10 million users at the end of the year- 1.5 years after the phone's initial release.

That should speak for itself.

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 07:51 PM

I did not say the bold outselling the iPhone did I? I said BlackBerry. and then went on to mention a dozen models.

RIM is about to announce how many subscribers they had, in March it was just over 14 million if i recall correctly, and the growth was over 2.1 million in that quarter. Those are new customers. By years end we will see BB over the 20 million mark worldwide, of that I have no doubt. Also keep in mind that consumers did not purchase BlackBerrys until the Pearl was released in 2004/2005. (again this is being general). Completely different initial markets. 70 countries for Apple, over 130 for RIM, on over 300 networks world wide. Apple will sell a crap load of phones, dont get me wrong, but i do not see them taking the top spot any time soon. they need to branch away from one device offering if they hope to achieve that. Also, virtual BB/BB Connect is being developed for the iPhone, and that is also going to be money in RIM's pockets.

The 9500, when it launches will be exclusive on two networks. Vodafone UK and Verizon. It is reported that they have a goal in the millions of units (between the two companies) to sell that device, otherwise it goes worldwide. That is going to be the competitor to the iPhone, not the 9000.

LunkHead 06-13-2008 07:53 PM

Can I borrow the ban button for 2 seconds please???

Attila The Hun 06-13-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettochild (Post 970562)
You don't really believe that the Bold will outsell the iPhone 3g, do you? As far as the entire BB line is concerned, there are about 12-13 million BB users worldwide. BBs are around for what, about 6-8 years? The iPhone with the release in 70 or so countries will likely surpass 10 million users at the end of the year- 1.5 years after the phone's initial release.

i think it will

numetheus 06-13-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 970366)
Spoken like a true fanboy

Well your a BlackBerry fanboy so what does that say? I say look at a device for what it is instead of blindly hating something just because it doesnt carry a certain brand. He loves his iPhone, but he has also posts for BlackBerry.

I hope iPhone does REALLY well. I also hope Bold does REALLY well. Hell, I'm gonna have both anyway.

Rat_Boy 06-13-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 970493)
the iphone will be the bigger seller this summer, not the Bold.

And it won't even be close.

My whole office, for instance, JUST upgraded to Curve's. I mean, within two weeks. I doubt we are the only office.

My guess is a lot of businesses won't pounce on the Bold because while it is a much superior device to the Curve, or any other model, businesses won't have much motivation or need to spend that money.

And from the general public consumer level, I think the iPhone will beat the Bold easily this summer.

This isn't a shot at Blackberry, it just is what it is.

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numetheus (Post 970642)
Well your a BlackBerry fanboy so what does that say? I say look at a device for what it is instead of blindly hating something just because it doesnt carry a certain brand. He loves his iPhone, but he has also posts for BlackBerry.

I hope iPhone does REALLY well. I also hope Bold does REALLY well. Hell, I'm gonna have both anyway.

Thank You. Its refreshing to hear from someone who isn't so blinded by the BB to the point that anyone who doesn't think like them is either looking for trouble, a fan boy or someone worthy of blocking or banning. I enjoy reading the post from most of the members here, but some are so obsessed that they end up looking like boobs.

Dawg 06-13-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numetheus (Post 970642)

Not so I have carried and own several other devices. I just dont like the iphone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 970670)
Thank You. Its refreshing to hear from someone who isn't so blinded by the BB to the point that anyone who doesn't think like them is either looking for trouble, a fan boy or someone worthy of blocking or banning. I enjoy reading the post from most of the members here, but some are so obsessed that they end up looking like boobs.

Include yourself on looking like a boob at times. As I stated above I like many devices I just cant stand anything apple. So if you want me banned so bad please plead your case to the admins and mods. I am sure you can find one that would oblige you.

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 09:04 PM

To quote a movie "Stay on Target" please

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 970673)
Not so I have carried and own several other devices. I just dont like the iphone.

Include yourself on looking like a boob at times. As I stated above I like many devices I just cant stand anything apple. So if you want me banned so bad please plead your case to the admins and mods. I am sure you can find one that would oblige you.

I don't want anyone banned.

numetheus 06-13-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 970673)

Why use the fact you have used several devices in the past, then finish off by saying you hate anything apple? That last line only enforces your policy that it doesn't matter what it is, how good it is, or how well it is taken by the public ... as long as it says Apple is crap. Kind of makes your arguments against anything apple kind of mute doesn't it? Like arguing aginst something you know little about or have very limited experience with?

That being said I kind of understand your frame of mind Dawg. A hate Microsoft products with a passion. Every software with the Microsoft name in my mind, comes with a billion bugs, a reach around by Balmer and Gates, and a butt raping.

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 09:55 PM

There is a thread already about Bold v iPhone. Keep these posts there or in the Handheld Forum. useless posts will be removed

justajason 06-13-2008 09:56 PM

I think im going to throw up....

cellguy 06-13-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 970354)
and further lose ground to Vzw on BlackBerry sales? That is a very bad idea for them. But hey, World's number 1 pda or catering to Jobs, either way, I am getting a Bold on the 25th

25th of ??? June???

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 11:35 PM

yes indeed

cellguy 06-13-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 970826)
yes indeed

I think I just wet myself, lol

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 11:37 PM

um... i am gonna go stand over... there now... yeah

dietcoke 06-14-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettochild (Post 970562)

Although I am not a fan of apple in anyway and love my blackberries. This is very valid point. The iphone has pop and flair.... the bold has a new dark theme on an os that is getting old quick....

I hope android puts the iphone to shame... however the iphone is getting cheaper.... and it is an ipod as well. I am just pissed my 8120 is running slow lately.

greggebhardt 06-14-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 970351)
Makes sense. They want to maximize iphone sales.

Ridiculous! LOL!

greggebhardt 06-14-2008 06:34 AM

To keep this thread from getting out of hand, I will refrain from discussing the battery life of the iPhone! <vbg>