BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Typing while driving? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14120)

ChrisLuce 08-24-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm
You guys should get him one of those stickers that say, "I stop for phone calls". Just so the rest of us are warned!

LOVE IT!

ya future hubbie 08-24-2005 08:23 PM

well i cant lie guys its so bad for me i type on the highway lmao , while trying to cut off cars loll oh well.. lol

LineNoise 08-24-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm
You guys should get him one of those stickers that say, "I stop for phone calls". Just so the rest of us are warned!

Oh, Please tell me they actually make these!! Where can I get them?

nelrock 08-24-2005 09:22 PM

OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSS!!!! Sorry.......

howeler 08-25-2005 03:27 AM

Stay on target.... Stay on Target....

Yep guilty....

paulfr2 08-25-2005 03:45 AM

I've done it a few times with Verichat... not proud of it... :|

Dawg 08-25-2005 04:50 AM

As a former Firefighter/EMT I have seen it all but I still do it. Cant help it but I will say i dont do it on the highway or in heavy traffic

dkf747 08-25-2005 06:12 AM

Why can't you guys just wait til you get where you're going, or plan stops? What did you do in the old days, before BB?

Dawg 08-25-2005 06:16 AM

waited and lost business because of the wait. Or lost production time because of a missed email. My job dependson rapid notification if I miss something by as much as an hour I have lost an entire day depending on the issue at hand.

a_kayaker 08-25-2005 08:18 AM

What a wife!

Quote:

Originally Posted by udontknowjack
You all need a wife like mine. She reads emails for me and types what I dictate while driving. We drove for 15 hour this weekend and she took care of all my reading and typing while I was driving. She decided, "If I can't beat him, I'll join him"

I love the fact that your wife will do the typing for you! I can hear my wife now "sure honey I will help you out" just to get her hands on the darn thing... and then whoop! Out the window it goes!

I hope you realize what a gem you have there.

udontknowjack 08-25-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_kayaker
I hope you realize what a gem you have there.

I do realize it and am in awe every day how awesome my wife is. For me the Blackberry has done what it was originally advertised to do, give me my life back. She knows I'll be home on time because I can answer emails when ever. She is definitely a gem.

a_kayaker 08-25-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

I do realize it and am in awe every day how awesome my wife is. For me the Blackberry has done what it was originally advertised to do, give me my life back. She knows I'll be home on time because I can answer emails when ever. She is definitely a gem.

I agree, this is the one comment that seems to ring from all of my BB users. They love the fact that they don't have to be at the office until 8:00 every night. They can go home, spend time with the fam and not feel like they are missing something at work.

I think it's pretty bad that buisness has gotten this way, but it is what it is.

Let's hear it for Blackberry! Saving marriges everywhere!

I think I just made a right hand turn into sappyville! Someone stop me... please!

Dawg 08-25-2005 09:55 AM

I know my wife loves the fact that I can take my kids to the doctor and go to eat lunch with my kids and be home at a decent hour. Although she gets real aggrivated with me when we are are watching a movie or something and I am checking my bb.

bperkins 08-25-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

You all need a wife like mine. She reads emails for me and types what I dictate while driving. We drove for 15 hour this weekend and she took care of all my reading and typing while I was driving. She decided, "If I can't beat him, I'll join him"

I love her to death but there is no way I could do this with mine....she types like a three year old and she has a Blackberry. I get so frustrated using BB messenger with her....while she is typing a simple reply to me I keep sending her encouragement replies such as waiting, any day now, come on woman, can you type a litte faster please. To her defense she never typed that much on a computer...she hunts and pecks. ;-)

It would take a 30 hour drive for her to type out responses to my emails......lol.

KonTiki 08-25-2005 10:36 AM

I can agree with a_kayaker, and I do love my wie, but if she got her hands on the BB I can just here it, OOOOOOPS as it flies out the window. Now i do now how resilient they are from all the stories I have read here, but i think flying out the window at 65 miles an hour and bouncing all over the road, assuming no other vehicle runs over it and that I do not get killed when trying to retrieve it, it won't do the BB any good. Asides from the fact that i can just hear the insurance guy saying:" It what, you have got to be kidding?" Tough enough having to replace a BB, now trying to replace a wife, hmmmm . . . to be continued.

Dawg 08-25-2005 10:37 AM

Amen preach on brother my wife cant type either she misses whole words lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins
I love her to death but there is no way I could do this with mine....she types like a three year old and she has a Blackberry. I get so frustrated using BB messenger with her....while she is typing a simple reply to me I keep sending her encouragement replies such as waiting, any day now, come on woman, can you type a litte faster please. To her defense she never typed that much on a computer...she hen pecks.

It would take a 30 hour drive for her to type out responses to my emails......lol.

khawn 08-25-2005 11:25 AM

I think you meant to say "she hunts and pecks." Men who have a bossy wife are "hen pecked" :-)

Ken

bperkins 08-25-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
Amen preach on brother my wife cant type either she misses whole words lol

LOL....like a bad cell phone connection. Glad to know I am not the only one.

jetspeedz 08-25-2005 12:33 PM

ive done it and im not too proud and i have a stick shift vette too so you can imagne why i only did it a few times on city traffic

a_kayaker 08-25-2005 12:39 PM

Pecked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khawn
I think you meant to say "she hunts and pecks." Men who have a bossy wife are "hen pecked" :-)

Ken

Hen Pecked? Have you guys been at my house? Damn, I knew something was up.

Hey, if someone is there now... feed the dogs! I forgot this morning.