BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   CDMA OS 4.5.0.33, 8830 Release 48 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=136915)

akosnitzky 06-25-2008 11:43 PM

I did. All I am getting 1x on the network.

It reads I am NOT connected to BIS.

akosnitzky 06-25-2008 11:49 PM

Host Routing Table was empty

jamespaulritter 06-26-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 987301)
I have heard that .33 on 8830 has issues like no longer being able to use cap or alt-scroll to select multiple messages, as well as ALT-ENTER no longer locking the keyboard.

I think there were others, but can't remember what they were off the top of my head.

Alt enter locks my KB on my Alltel 8330 4.5 OS

I tried to alt-scrol to select messages and it doesnt work but I don't know if I am doing that right because I never did that before.

Im using rel44

SkyPilot 06-26-2008 09:25 AM

At first glance here is what I have found on my Bell 8830 using this OS
Alt enter does not work
alt-scroll for selecting multiple messages does not work
Skypilot

jamespaulritter 06-26-2008 09:39 AM

ops Im on 8330

purephase 06-26-2008 09:40 AM

Strange.

Alt-Enter works for me, but selecting multiple messages doesn't. Outside of that, I don't notice any issues. Obviously, going from 4.3 to 4.5 is not that noticeable. Going to try out docs-to-go today.

akosnitzky 06-26-2008 10:37 AM

I downgraded back. No data, no deal. I am glad many of you have been successful.

breakerfall 06-26-2008 11:26 AM

something weird with text entry fields in the browser. if there's an entry field on a site that i go to, i can only enter text if i do so on the first pass (with the cursor) of the field.

for instance, if there is a text entry field near the top of a page, and i want to see what else is on the page before entering text by scrolling down past the first page-full, i cannot return to the text field and successfully enter text.

weird.

wunderbar 06-26-2008 11:46 AM

I have downloaded and installed this release on my Telus 8830. I can say that the keyboard shortcuts mentioned before are not working. Also, my trackball no longer makes the audible click, even though in the settings it is set to.

I will do some more testing on it to see what else has changed. I do like the new look for messages, easier on the eyes.

wunderbar 06-26-2008 12:12 PM

The google Gmail app crashes every time I try to run it. it'll load just fine, but as soon as I try to go back to the home screen, it crashes.

google maps loads, but no map info actually shows.

I *love* the new browser. I got to play with it at WES on the Blackberry Bold, but that was for about 5 minutes. now that i've sat down and used it, I love it. a much needed improvement.

It also seems to be showing every single calendar entry on my device twice, at the same time. for instance, I have a meeting at 2:30 today, it shows up on my outlook calendar once, but it shows it there twice on my Berry. Wireless activation also seems to be stuck at 99%. I may try wiping the device and re-activating

FF2 06-26-2008 12:21 PM

How does one DOWNgrade if one wants to go back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma077146 (Post 987790)
I tried it for a few hours, and then downgraded to my old OS.

I didn't see any html viewing ability in email, not much difference in the browser, and there was no provision to choose "Desktop" mode in the BB browser. Likely, that will all change when carriers release their production versions.

Well, the subject says it all. I've only recently upgraded to the newest official Verizon OS for my 8830 (4.2...... whatever) but I have never had to consider downgrading.

How does one downgrade using Desktop Manager?

Thanks in advance

John Clark 06-26-2008 12:23 PM

How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

estuardo4 06-26-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashg (Post 987970)
I could do without all the extra bells and whistles for a while if i could find a way to get the Alpha Sans font on my phone. Sharp!

The same for me. I installed 4.5 just because the Alpha Sans font. It just makes my BlackBerry more readable than with the old fonts. I'm willing to live with a beta software and all its glitches just because I can use this font.

I've downloaded themes that have their font based on Alpha Sans, but you can't use the font on all places, that's why I installed the beta. And I'm happy now, even if I can't multi select email to erase.

gb

akosnitzky 06-26-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 988844)

I used this info today. Thank you. I look forward to hopefully having a better luck with the next unsanctioned beta release to the public.:oops:

ChrisLe 06-26-2008 11:06 PM

Hmmm. No out of network SMS messages for me (VZW 8830). Downgraded to OS 4.2 until a less buggy beta surfaces..

canson 06-26-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisLe (Post 989792)
Hmmm. No out of network SMS messages for me (VZW 8830). Downgraded to OS 4.2 until a less buggy beta surfaces..

Strange I could only send out of network. Just downgraded... Didnt remember how snappy 4.2 was. Giving 4.5 another shot as we speak though. Loved the way the messages looked and the browser... well if youtube woulda worked....

Dawg 06-27-2008 07:01 AM

sounds like 4.5 doesnt like the 8830 too much. I havent had any issues with SMS. I do have the text issue on webpages. and the alt scroll bug other than that i am enjoying 4.5 I cant wait till tomorrow at this time to check out HTML

breakerfall 06-27-2008 07:11 AM

I havent had any sms issues myself, but the text entry on webpages may be a dealbreaker for me (especially since i just started really liking m.slandr.net for twitter)...

im thinking that if verizon drags their feet on the bis update (dunno if thats even their option) i may drop back to 4.2

Dawg 06-27-2008 07:24 AM

as long as you enter the text on the first pass your fine

wunderbar 06-27-2008 09:37 AM

I think I'm going to stick with thsi 4.5 release on my 8830 for now. IT has some bugs, but none are really deal breakers. I just hope that the next release fixes the bugs.

I dont' use SMS as this is a work phone, so I can't confirm the SMS problems. I just really wish that the alt-scroll worked, or that pressing the trackball to light up the screen didnt' launch the application currently highlighted.