BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   BlackBerryForums.com Mobile goes live! WAP.BLACKBERRYFORUMS.COM (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=231608)

Tom 07-27-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1633197)
I'm just trying to provide information; not make a big deal out of it. And I understand now I've been using the word refresh a little too loosely, out of ignorance. When I post like I'm doing here, I see the blackberry browser requesting. I sort of understand that the site doesn't actually reload the page, but instead just adds the new post. But I don't see that. I do see it, however, when I edit a post or reply to someone else's post.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

I hope you don't think of my posts as being negative towards your help. I certainly appreciate them as it helps me understand what the scripts are doing under certain scenarios. Thank you.

aiharkness 07-27-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1633208)
I hope you don't think of my posts as being negative towards your help. I certainly appreciate them as it helps me understand what the scripts are doing under certain scenarios. Thank you.

I was a little self conscious about going on and on about it. Just wanted to be sure there's no misunderstanding. I'm good. Confused, but good.

Tom 07-27-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1633226)
I was a little self conscious about going on and on about it. Just wanted to be sure there's no misunderstanding. I'm good. Confused, but good.

Sorry about the confusion! No need to be self conscious. I am asking for all and any opinions, and appreciate them all! (PS: I really don't bite either)

Phranc 07-28-2010 09:56 AM

For my $.02 worth, I wouldn't mind it if you reduced the number of stickies, especially int the GB Discussion, (here), forum. Thats three or four pages of stickies to scroll through to get to the posts.

I would also like to see in the USER CP, the FORUMS you have subscribed to, and a place someway to subscribe to the forums. I seldom, read never, subscribe to threads.

If this is already there, then I haven't been able to find it.

Tom 07-28-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phranc (Post 1633582)
For my $.02 worth, I wouldn't mind it if you reduced the number of stickies, especially int the GB Discussion, (here), forum. Thats three or four pages of stickies to scroll through to get to the posts.

I would also like to see in the USER CP, the FORUMS you have subscribed to, and a place someway to subscribe to the forums. I seldom, read never, subscribe to threads.

If this is already there, then I haven't been able to find it.

You need to go to your userscp on your computer and change the amount of threads shown on a page in a forum before a page break. Change this back to forum default. I am about 40 threads in before a page break.

Trimix 07-28-2010 12:12 PM

Anybody have issues getting to the mobile version of the site from Opera Mini? I'm using 4.2 but it's still sending me to the regular site. Tried it with Bolt browser and that switched me to mobile just fine.

Is there anything like a m.blackberryforums.com address to force it to the mobile site?

Tom 07-28-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimix (Post 1633655)
Anybody have issues getting to the mobile version of the site from Opera Mini? I'm using 4.2 but it's still sending me to the regular site. Tried it with Bolt browser and that switched me to mobile just fine.

Is there anything like a m.blackberryforums.com address to force it to the mobile site?

Fixed. Please try again.

Trimix 07-28-2010 12:48 PM

Perfect! Working again. Thank you, sir.

John Clark 07-28-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phranc (Post 1633582)
For my $.02 worth, I wouldn't mind it if you reduced the number of stickies, especially int the GB Discussion, (here), forum. Thats three or four pages of stickies to scroll through to get to the posts...

I did remove one sticky. The rest are pretty popular, relevant and well-viewed threads.

Tom 07-28-2010 02:56 PM

I removed a couple as well earlier.

Phranc 07-28-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1633643)
You need to go to your userscp on your computer and change the amount of threads shown on a page in a forum before a page break. Change this back to forum default. I am about 40 threads in before a page break.

That's what I have, I meant by pages how many times I have to stroke the track pad to get down to the new messages.

Tom 08-02-2010 10:01 PM

Signatures have now been added to the mobile site!

John Clark 08-02-2010 10:34 PM

Well done!

JSanders 08-02-2010 10:39 PM

Very nice addition!

SteveO86 08-03-2010 09:01 AM

Excellent!

Wuzzer 08-06-2010 01:11 AM

Nice! It looks awesome! Hats off to you Tom.

okader 08-07-2010 10:19 PM

looks great and works great. thanks

lukynk2bb 08-10-2010 10:50 AM

nice job:) I can be mobile:)

RadioDude 08-11-2010 01:17 PM

BOOYAH!!!

Tom 08-13-2010 05:25 PM

Seems the submit reply with refresh to show the post works well with OS6, seems the new browser likes it.