BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Blackberry 9000 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=111737)

Jagga 01-15-2008 01:41 PM

What would really be sweet is the ability to have a user call into the helpdesk on the BB phone and be able to walk her/him through various troubleshooting steps (purging emails, reconcile now, resend service books, accepting calendar appointments & similar issues) without the need to powercycle the unit. Furthermore even be able to see the progress of the Wireless E.A.

PS I'd LOVE for the BES to be able to take a screenshot wirelessly of the handset (similar to it capturing information like battery strength, installed apps) and display it to the admin - just in case a user cannot fully describe what is happening or some understanding/interpretation barrier (which is VERY VERY rare).

PPCMD 01-16-2008 12:51 PM

It still makes me wonder why BGR site has removed all of the information, sure other sites have it listed (copies from BGR or other sources) but the links are dead. The name or product family are of little concern to me, what I do care about is the possibility of Tri-band 3G+, Quad band GSM/Edge, GPS, WiFi, better screen and the camera can go either way. But the package looks nice and in the world of super secret project mfg's even RIM needs to step up the game because regardless of what we feel about the apple phone it has market share and will continue to grow. RIM needs to keep its position in the lead.

NCBuckeye 01-16-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCMD (Post 800887)
It still makes me wonder why BGR site has removed all of the information, sure other sites have it listed (copies from BGR or other sources) but the links are dead. The name or product family are of little concern to me, what I do care about is the possibility of Tri-band 3G+, Quad band GSM/Edge, GPS, WiFi, better screen and the camera can go either way. But the package looks nice and in the world of super secret project mfg's even RIM needs to step up the game because regardless of what we feel about the apple phone it has market share and will continue to grow. RIM needs to keep its position in the lead.

BGR's isn't dead, a few posts up have his link.

vandal 01-16-2008 07:26 PM

i wonder if they'll take off the mandatory *click* sound for the camera, hahahah

John Clark 01-16-2008 07:35 PM

doubtful...

jibi 01-16-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCMD (Post 800887)
It still makes me wonder why BGR site has removed all of the information

The removal of the post had nothing to do with false information contained within it.

carrieb1 01-17-2008 10:50 PM

I really like this blackberry.

I personally dont like the black and red it almost looks like a verizon creation. Although, i like it alot alot. I will be buying it when its released.

mike_187 01-18-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrieb1 (Post 802893)
I really like this blackberry.

I personally dont like the black and red it almost looks like a verizon creation. Although, i like it alot alot. I will be buying it when its released.

Vodafone owns Verizon so it could be part of it

ndub33 01-19-2008 02:12 PM

Possibly-although I think Verizon makes it's phone choices pretty independant of Vodafone for the most part. Keep in mind tht Voda runs a GSM network while Verizon is on CDMA. They would need both versions of the 9000. Not insurmountable, but not a slam dunk either.

PPCMD 01-19-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 801532)
The removal of the post had nothing to do with false information contained within it.

I wasn't saying BGR posted false information to begin with. My comment was more to the point was the information too close to home for RIM to not request it be removed.

PPCMD 01-19-2008 03:15 PM

Verizon would get another CDMA/GSM Hybrid like the 8830 not a quad GSM phone.

Sith_Apprentice 01-19-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_187 (Post 803013)
Vodafone owns Verizon so it could be part of it

Vodafone doesnt own verizon, they have less than a 40% stake in the company, which Verizon is in the process of buying back. (last fiscal report that i saw)

jibi 01-19-2008 04:44 PM

Verizon owns 55% of Verizon Wireless. Vodafone owns the other 45% share. Verizon wants the Vodafone share, but Vodafone doesn't plan to give it up. Their joint effort towards LTE more than solidifies their partnership for the near-distant future. Keep in mind that it was less than 3 years ago that Vodafone was looking into buying a majority stake in the company and a bit more than a year ago that Verizon was looking at buying out Vodafone's stake in their love-child. The partnership won't be heading South any time soon.

Sith_Apprentice 01-19-2008 04:45 PM

is it 45%. hmm thought it was lower than that. anyway thanks for the update