BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GMAIL: should I forward or POP. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10646)

BluePolaski 01-12-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonTiki
Who is your provider, did you buy it used, could there be apolicy set on it from a previous user, what model do you have? I have a 7250 and I am able to forward, and I do not think that there is any setting that will not let you whithin the BB itself. My last suggestion would be to back it up and try to do a javaloader wipe, reload the newest handheld software and restore your data in case there is some corruption.

Sorry, I have a 7100t with TMO, I have no idea why, but it actually just started working again. Weird. Thanks for the input though.

BluePolaski 01-12-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePolaski
Sorry, I have a 7100t with TMO, I have no idea why, but it actually just started working again. Weird. Thanks for the input though.

KonTiki

Sorry for the short reply earlier. Anyways, I am not quite sure what was up today. I could not take an email that was sent to my device, and simply forward it to another contact. I have my email forwarded to my Gmail account which in turn forwards the email to my device (No BES). And I never had an event like this where I hit the send to forward and the little checkmark appears for a split second then turned into the red X as if I were not on network. I had not changed any configs in either TMO email setup or Gmail. I had GPRS in all caps too. Anyway, about an hour later I tried to forward again and low and behold...email sent. I guess the email gods just didn't intent for that certain email to be sent?

IanHummel 04-06-2006 02:17 PM

This is a great thread everyone and I have subscribed. Here is my situation:

I'm buying an 8700 on the 18th when it is relased for T-Mobile. Unfortunately, my company does not have a BES. As of right now I am forced to either purchase a service like mail2web or go through Outlook Web Access for my corporate e-mail. I have decided to go through Outlook Web Access where it just polls the server. I also have a Gmail account for personal use. Here is what I would like to do:

Have both of the e-mail accounts sent to my blackberry, however, when I reply to my work e-mail, the reply address will be my work account address, and when I reply to a personal gmail piece, the reply address will be from Gmail. Pretty much having two e-mail accounts coming to the blackberry inbox, but when I reply to each one the address reflects the correct acct. Could someone help me out on how to do this (if possible), or am I going to have to purchase a monthly program like mail2web with the blackberry addon? Thanks!

Blackcrack 04-06-2006 03:57 PM

make sure you forward then its real true push

Stinsonddog 04-06-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcrack
make sure you forward then its real true push

Actually I think the method in this thread should be called filtering which is different than a forwarding or POP.

Seawolf 04-06-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupeDuke2003
Ok, I am trying to link my Gmail account to my Blackberry 7250 and have the following problem (even after following the instructions above)--whenever I send a message FROM my Blackberry I always receive a duplicate copy of the sent message in my Blackberry inbox.

My current settings are below - can someone help me out?

BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVICE SETTINGS
-The only email account I have is the blackberry.net account.
-My Sent From Address is currently set to [email address].
-My Auto BCC settings is currently set tp [email address].

GMAIL SETTINGS
I have set up the following two filters:
-Has the words: in:inbox
-From: [email address] --> SKIP INBOX (interestingly, even though the email I send FROM my Blackberry does NOT show up in my GMAIL Inbox (it 'skips' the inbox and goes into the archive instead), it still sends a duplicate copy back to my BLACKBERRY inbox.) --How can I stop this?

Thoughts? I appreciate the help!

Make a filter on BIS so that BIS does not forward emails from [email address] to your handheld and simply deletes them.

jhatzis99 04-07-2006 12:56 AM

Pop question

I currently use pop access for gmail. If I want to stop receiving gmail on my blackberry temporarily, can I just disable "pop" in gmail, or do I need to do something else? Also, I use my gmail address as the reply address. Will this affect any emails I send from my blackberry while I have pop disabled? And finally, if I want to re-enable pop, can I just make the change in gmail, or do I have to go through the process of adding gmail as an account again?

kurrupt_1 04-07-2006 02:10 AM

I still dont know how to forward my outlook mail to gmail.

CanuckMakem 04-07-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurrupt_1

You need to forward all mail that usually goes to Outlook to Gmail first. Then forward/filter it to Outlook.

KonTiki 04-07-2006 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurrupt_1

In Outlook under tools, look for rules and alerts and set up a rule there, use the help in outlook to get directions to setting up this rule.

dkf747 04-07-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanHummel
This is a great thread everyone and I have subscribed. Here is my situation:

I'm buying an 8700 on the 18th when it is relased for T-Mobile. Unfortunately, my company does not have a BES. As of right now I am forced to either purchase a service like mail2web or go through Outlook Web Access for my corporate e-mail. I have decided to go through Outlook Web Access where it just polls the server. I also have a Gmail account for personal use. Here is what I would like to do:

Have both of the e-mail accounts sent to my blackberry, however, when I reply to my work e-mail, the reply address will be my work account address, and when I reply to a personal gmail piece, the reply address will be from Gmail. Pretty much having two e-mail accounts coming to the blackberry inbox, but when I reply to each one the address reflects the correct acct. Could someone help me out on how to do this (if possible), or am I going to have to purchase a monthly program like mail2web with the blackberry addon? Thanks!

With TMO any email I reply to uses the address it was addressed to. I don't need mail2web. I also can choose which address I want to send from when composing a new message. I currently have 3 accounts that come in via my BB - Yahoo, Gmail, and one from my website.

IanHummel 04-07-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonTiki
In Outlook under tools, look for rules and alerts and set up a rule there, use the help in outlook to get directions to setting up this rule.

Using this forwarding method, can I make it so it still retains a copy in outlook as well? Is there a way when I respond to an e-mail on my Blackberry using this outlook forwarding method, it will also have a copy in my "sent" in outlook?

bswiftly 04-13-2006 12:53 AM

New BWC - forwarding is all messed up!

I used to have gmail set up with the blackberry web client.

gmail ---fwd to---> BB email ---> BB.

and

BB --> BB Email --> BCC gmail account --> recipient. (where there was a filter in gmail to set up the email to a blackberry sent item, so it wouldn't re-forward to my phone.

I logged into the web client and now I have much less control! Whenever I reply to an email on my blackberry, I get the reply I just sent as well !

eliot1785 04-13-2006 02:40 AM

I forward, not only so I can get instant emails as has already been mentioned, but also because the POP feature has consistently stopped working for me on Gmail. Why? I don't know. All I know is I kept having to go back and reset the settings. Maybe they've fixed it by now but I'm happier with forwarding anyway because of the instantaneous delivery.

IanHummel 04-18-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicu2001
Hello,

I have followed these directions as well as the other outline given later on in this thread. Everything seems to be working, my gmail forwards to my blackbery, and when I reply to anything on my blackberry it sends a copy to gmail, etc. I am having one problem though... when I reply on my blackberry and it sends the copy to gmail, the filter works and it skips inbox and goes to my "blackberry sent" label, but that reply I made from the blackberry bounces back to my blackberry as a forward from gmail... any idea as to why and how I could avoid this? Also, if I have an email conversation going, it will archive the whole thing on gmail in the blackberry sent label. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

hey, in T-Mobile's BIS, i'm having trouble finding where I can forward sent messages to a certain e-mail address, it seems the only filtering that I can do is filtering that determines what comes to my blackberry. help?

Seawolf 04-18-2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanHummel
hey, in T-Mobile's BIS, i'm having trouble finding where I can forward sent messages to a certain e-mail address, it seems the only filtering that I can do is filtering that determines what comes to my blackberry. help?

Go to the Email Accounts screen, edit the account you want to copy sent messages to yourself on. Type the address you want messages sent to in the Auto BCC field.

IanHummel 04-18-2006 12:41 PM

I just set it up and everything is all good, but I do have one question. Using this method, it will not let me use BBReply as it states that the account is not set up in BIS, is there a way to use BBreply using the filtering method? Also, using this method, when someone gets a message that is sent from your blackberry, from reply to address they have is the blackberry address, which means if they reply and your having a conversation in real time, their messages will only be sent to your blackberry, bypassing gmail correct? If so that kind of stinks that you cannot accurately log the conversation that comes first through gmail.

EDIT:: Well, I woke up this morning and for some reason I received one piece of mail from my gmail account on my BB and I had 10 new messages in my Gmail in box, so for some reason, it's not forwarding anymore. What a pain in the ass this is.... I'm thinking of switching to yahoo all together.

EDIT (2):: I set up everything to forward to Yahoo and it works amazing, real time push and everything, it's a shame gmail doesn't have this capability. :( Bye bye gmail!

chnky18 04-28-2006 02:48 AM

ok so i have done the pop settings to send gmail to outlook but then also have forward to my bb....i am now getting duplicate emails on bb. Is this because I have pop and fwd setup? How do i get email to pop to outlook but yet forward to bb so that i dont have duplicate emails?

BERDucky 04-28-2006 03:13 AM

make sure your not using redirector and that you don't have Gmail added to your BIS account (as well as forwarding it)

teskew 04-28-2006 03:26 AM

So it is possible to POP gmail to outlook and forward it to the bb address? I searched google and never found an answer to whether it was possible to do both.