BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   OS 9700 : v5.0.0.922/5.0.0.545 (Multilanguage) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=222072)

PDM 03-16-2010 12:56 PM

OS 9700 : v5.0.0.922/5.0.0.545 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.922
Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.545
* Software Platform: 5.1.0.140
* File name: 9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel922_PL5.1.0.140_A5.0.0.545_Vodaf one_UK.exe
* File size: 131.93MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software:
Multilanguage OS: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.

For the previous OS, see this link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...eastasian.html

Raptor464 03-16-2010 12:58 PM

Nice! official release!

cmink79 03-16-2010 01:49 PM

yuppidoo

netghoster 03-16-2010 03:13 PM

I wonder when the East Asian Version will come out.

cehenke 03-16-2010 06:17 PM

disabled my mute button!

This OS caused my mute button to not work!! I can't put my device in standby mode or mute phone calls any more. Battery pull did not help. Other than rolling back any way to re-enable this feature?

PDM 03-16-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cehenke (Post 1580680)
This OS caused my mute button to not work!! I can't put my device in standby mode or mute phone calls any more. Battery pull did not help. Other than rolling back any way to re-enable this feature?

Long gone...
View Document

cehenke 03-16-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDM (Post 1580687)
Long gone...
View Document

interesting...it worked this morning when I was running 5.0.0.726...If I don't find a solution I'll roll it back tomorrow. I like being able to hold the mute button in and have the device go into standby.

Howard S. 03-16-2010 07:06 PM

Be curious to know if it fixes the flashing LED for no reason problem that some of us are experiencing.

John Clark 03-16-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cehenke (Post 1580697)
interesting...it worked this morning when I was running 5.0.0.726...If I don't find a solution I'll roll it back tomorrow. I like being able to hold the mute button in and have the device go into standby.

There is NO solution. The standby feature is gone. Not coming back. Say goodbye to it. If you want it (not sure why) you'll have to downgrade back to the last version and don't upgrade again. "Standby" is gone.

A quick press of the lock button now does the same thing.

cehenke 03-16-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1580721)
There is NO solution. The standby feature is gone. Not coming back. Say goodbye to it. If you want it (not sure why) you'll have to downgrade back to the last version and don't upgrade again. "Standby" is gone.

A quick press of the lock button now does the same thing.

ok - good enough - time to change my habits...(y)

Soapm 03-16-2010 09:28 PM

This version also removed the ability to program keyboard lock. I think that stinks. I have used the left programmable key to lock the keyboard for years and don't like being forced to change. I further hate the way RIM tied up some of the speed dial keys for functions like keyboard lock and changing the ringer profile.

I liked BB because it was customizable but now I am rethinking that thought and may switch to another type of phone. My daughters name is Alyssa. I have had her as my A speed dial for as long as I can remember. Why would RIM force me to change?

lovescakemix 03-16-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm (Post 1580747)
This version also removed the ability to program keyboard lock. I think that stinks. I have used the left programmable key to lock the keyboard for years and don't like being forced to change. I further hate the way RIM tied up some of the speed dial keys for functions like keyboard lock and changing the ringer profile.

I liked BB because it was customizable but now I am rethinking that thought and may switch to another type of phone. My daughters name is Alyssa. I have had her as my A speed dial for as long as I can remember. Why would RIM force me to change?

put a password on your device and all will be back to normal. the lock is such a minuscule detail. you'll get used to it. or you wont and have fun with another device.

Soapm 03-16-2010 11:46 PM

minuscule to one is huge to another and programming the lock along with using up my A speed dial is a big deal to me. After paying $300 for the phone, I should get to use it as I wish.

Most companies increase functionality with OS updates not limit it. RIM did so good for so long that I am very disappointed with their recent attitude of cram it down their throats and they'll learn to like it.

PS... And I like my voice mail programmed on V not W. Its my phone. I bought it. Why can't I customize it my way?

pinback 03-17-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm (Post 1580793)
minuscule to one is huge to another and programming the lock along with using up my A speed dial is a big deal to me. After paying $300 for the phone, I should get to use it as I wish.

Most companies increase functionality with OS updates not limit it. RIM did so good for so long that I am very disappointed with their recent attitude of cram it down their throats and they'll learn to like it.

PS... And I like my voice mail programmed on V not W. Its my phone. I bought it. Why can't I customize it my way?

I agree. Also pressing W should open up Snake 2 by Nokia, and pressing I should open up Tetris.

wjereb 03-17-2010 06:59 AM

If you go to your speed dial list and highlight the "A" entry and then press the enter key, you will be taken to your contact list. Click on the person you want and it will replace the current function. The bad news is that it will revert back once you reboot.

Bill J

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm (Post 1580793)

Soapm 03-17-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinback (Post 1580849)
I agree. Also pressing W should open up Snake 2 by Nokia, and pressing I should open up Tetris.

Naw, W should dial my friend Will. But that's my phone, you should be able to do yours how you want. Thank's for understanding...

Soapm 03-17-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjereb (Post 1580882)
If you go to your speed dial list and highlight the "A" entry and then press the enter key, you will be taken to your contact list. Click on the person you want and it will replace the current function. The bad news is that it will revert back once you reboot.

Bill J

Yep, that's one of the good things, you don't reboot BB too often but I did notice it reverts back. I also went back to .442 so I got my left side lock button back. Now if only I could get this thing to make decent scrambled eggs...

stevew 03-17-2010 10:26 PM

I'm running 545, and my left side button gives me Standby...which for my purposes, is fine.

lovescakemix 03-17-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm (Post 1581206)
Naw, W should dial my friend Will. But that's my phone, you should be able to do yours how you want. Thank's for understanding...

its funny how you been wording everything. you didn't buy "your" phone. whether you spent 5 dollars or 500 dollars you bought "their" phone. a phone that was designed, built and programed by someone else. so you should be able to use it how they programmed it, not how you want them to program it. facts of life, isnt it great.

Soapm 03-18-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovescakemix (Post 1581259)
its funny how you been wording everything. you didn't buy "your" phone. whether you spent 5 dollars or 500 dollars you bought "their" phone. a phone that was designed, built and programed by someone else. so you should be able to use it how they programmed it, not how you want them to program it. facts of life, isnt it great.

Is that what you think. You spend your money and you have to accept what ever they give you? You can't order your big mac with no pickles or your Chevy in Red with electric windows? Must suck to be you...

lovescakemix 03-18-2010 01:58 AM

Hmmm when looking at the big picture its not about the small options. It is about the control the user has over those options. In this case very little. I don't really know how to dumb down a post to make that clearer. So I guess ill stop there. Either way, it is what it is. Who knows. Maybe you will become a blackberry engineer with some actual leeway so you can have your cake and eat it too.

bn3matt 03-18-2010 02:37 AM

After all the dissagreements is the upshot that its better to upgrade or not?!

NJBlackBerry 03-18-2010 05:17 AM

Yes - it is a very stable OS.

stevew 03-18-2010 07:46 AM

Agreed!

Rosengoo 03-18-2010 12:14 PM

Does this fix the SMS not coming up as name but number issue? Thanks.

Raptor464 03-18-2010 02:28 PM

Also released by:

TDC Mobil: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...751FE636FC6EB0

caggie01 03-18-2010 07:36 PM

I upgraded today. I noticed the Auto Signature and out of office options are missing under messages, is anyone else having same issue?

abhijeet11 03-19-2010 01:21 AM

Media playack slow (pitch messed up)

Hi,

I've been using BB for years but never registered on the forums, kinda selfish but all your replies are so superb that as many issue that i may come accross - a solution was always round the corner....So thanks!

Now - I've upgraded my firmware to this latest version (to fix the caller ID issue) and its very stable...but now i've observed tha the media playback (audio and video) is 'slower' than normal...its difficult to explain but if you reduce the pitch / playback speed by say 5-10% from normal...so all songs and audio sound a bit dull and its especially noticible in rock sogs...now they seem like ballads!

Its not very slow (as in drawling) but definitly noticible if you are listening to your favourite songs....I did some troble shooting myself
- the songs on SD card as well as the phone memory have this problem
- even the preloaded video (maine) is affected...noticible when the the singer's mouth runs ahead of the words you are hearing
- tried 'wiping' and reloading the same firmware (without any apps) still the issue
- even remembered to do a battery pull after OS installation

its weekend from tomorrow and iwas planning on getting some gret tracks loaded on the 2GB that came along but i'll have to downgrade to an older firmware....should be BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.726 (Multilanguage and EastAsia, right??

Also any suggestions wouldbe really appreciated...thanks!!!

Abhijeet D
IT support
Carrier (Vodafone IN) PIN-21A557F6

abhijeet11 03-19-2010 02:02 PM

I've downgraded to v5.0.0.726 but still the issue is present....i didnt have this issue when i got the bold with its stock firmware (.312)....but a few observations:-

- i formatted and recoipied the songs to the SD card
- those songs play slow on the PC as well
- if i send a song to the phone via bluetooth, it plays fine (but once...)second time this too gets affected
- the same SD card in another phone (samsung) also plays slow and the samsun's Sd card also get s afected when tried in bold....moreover when i re-insert the same card in samsung, its parmanently affected with this 'slow temp bug'
- the songs which i download from the bold to my PC before i format the card also play slow on the PC (winamp,vlc,WMP, tried all)....like some how the Bold has changed some mapping in all these songs

Can a phone write info in a song so it plays on PC or other fone the same speed ( the way it plays on bold)?

Can some one give me a link of the .312 firmware (tho i dont want to get the caller ID issue back :-(

Also if i transfer all new songs collection, those songs are also affected....Can it be a sync issue?...

Thanks....i would like to know if anyone else has found this issue?

abhijeet11 03-19-2010 02:07 PM

***Forgot one more thing - if i copy song to the phone memory, they too are slow tempo, so the MMC cannot be at fault....still i formatted the Sd card in other fone and send some songs to that device from other PC, the songs play fine...i'm really fuxxomed, do i need to chose between loosing the caller ID fix or tradeoff the dependable music player!!!

SMF 03-19-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caggie01 (Post 1581682)
I upgraded today. I noticed the Auto Signature and out of office options are missing under messages, is anyone else having same issue?

Works fine for me. Make sure your enterprise activation has successfully completed.

superstarzchef 03-19-2010 08:23 PM

I didn't/don't think the phone lock is a miniscule thing...for those that use it (and I can understand why) it's actually a very important thing. Why are you minimising someone elses needs and wants/desires?

Donbp 03-20-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstarzchef (Post 1582169)
I didn't/don't think the phone lock is a miniscule thing...for those that use it (and I can understand why) it's actually a very important thing. Why are you minimising someone elses needs and wants/desires?

Probably because it can be done with alt/ent instead of k. Just guessing.

J-Tuning 03-21-2010 12:35 PM

I am heving trouble wit the stock OS on my bold 2. It stutters/jerky... i have noticed the ID caller issue also.

But this new OS eliminates the functionality of the lock or/and mute buttons on top of the phone. That to me is a big no no ... u have then buttons on ur phone that are not doing what they supposed to. Am keeping my jerky stock OS

John Clark 03-21-2010 01:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

What button on top of your phone do you have that doesn't do anything? "Lock" locks the keypad and "mute" mutes the phone and music/audio. It is actually as it should be now.

J-Tuning 03-22-2010 05:14 AM

^ in this thread i have read that either one of these buttons will lose its function. to me that is a no no. No button should lose its function with any update or downgrade for that matter.

if you are running .545 and these buttons are working the way they supposed to, then there is contradicting info going around.

John Clark 03-22-2010 09:45 AM

Now there are rules? The lock/standby features have changed and they are likely not changing back. RIM has written a KB on it. You xan stay with your old OS forever I guess or just get used to the new way.

quillhill 03-22-2010 12:59 PM

I've just changed the way I've been doing things since this changed with the top buttons popped up in the .536 beta a couple weeks ago (I think it was a couple weeks ago...)
So, top left locks things, I've adjusted. I've set my left convenience key to CaptureIt which I use quite a bit.
I haven't yet downloaded and installed this OS -- had a busy weekend -- but plan to tonight. If it's stable and the only complaint are the top keys then I am looking forward to upgrading to 545.
I noticed that when Sprint rolled out its official 5.0 release for the Tour, Sprint subscribers noticed the same thing, so it looks like this is the new world order. It makes perfect sense to me since those keys actually do what they have promised to do for some time now. :D

estabulla 03-24-2010 07:52 AM

So is there no way now that locking a device will display the owner information? I suppose whoever wants to display any meaningful owner info when device is locked will have no option?

lovescakemix 03-24-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estabulla (Post 1584279)
So is there no way now that locking a device will display the owner information? I suppose whoever wants to display any meaningful owner info when device is locked will have no option?

only if you lock the phone with a password. then the owner screen shows. since you have no lock people can just look through your phone anyway for any info they need hahaha.

madsurgeon 03-24-2010 09:51 AM

The upgrade took away my Texas Hold'em king 2. any ideas?

John Clark 03-24-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsurgeon
The upgrade took away my Texas Hold'em king 2. any ideas?

Plug the device back in and run loader.exe again and check the box for Texas Hold em King.

madsurgeon 03-24-2010 10:36 AM

There's no Texas hold' em to tick at all :(

sbi 03-24-2010 12:25 PM

Can someone please explain to me what's the difference between Package Version, Application(number...) and Software Platform?!

Which number do I need to look at, and why should I upgrade if my phone works just fine (just got it 10 days ago)?

Thanks!

lovescakemix 03-24-2010 12:34 PM

look at the application version.
if you arent having issues thus not giving yourself a reason to upgrade (if you really need one) then you shouldn't upgrade

Howard S. 03-24-2010 01:56 PM

I agree. If your phone is working the way you want with no apparent issues, don't upgrade.

The only number you should focus in on is the Application number (OS version). In the options menu, under "about", it's on the 3rd line down starting with a v5.0.0.xxx.

sbi 03-24-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1584562)
I agree. If your phone is working the way you want with no apparent issues, don't upgrade.

The only number you should focus in on is the Application number (OS version). In the options menu, under "about", it's on the 3rd line down starting with a v5.0.0.xxx.

Thanks!
It doesn't say Application number (or OS), just starts with a V...so I have V5.0.0.405.
And as far as I know it's working fine...unless I don't know what I am missing with newer versions :smile:...only been with a BB for 10 days.

Howard S. 03-24-2010 03:04 PM

v405 is the latest AT&T release, which makes sense since you just got the phone from them. Probably the time to upgrade will be when you run across an OS glitch that may have been fixed in a later release. Or they release a version that includes some great new features that you might like to have. Until then, no sense upgrading.

sbi 03-24-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1584640)
v405 is the latest AT&T release, which makes sense since you just got the phone from them. Probably the time to upgrade will be when you run across an OS glitch that may have been fixed in a later release. Or they release a version that includes some great new features that you might like to have. Until then, no sense upgrading.

Thank you!!

antb 03-26-2010 02:02 PM

Ok I'm missing something.

I get the whole hit the left bumper (lock) to go into standby. But I have password enabled and I cannot hit K OR the left bumper to actually lock the phone. What button is LOCK. As in - I hit this button and unless you know my password you can't get into my phone?!

Medic48 03-26-2010 08:09 PM

Once again, I am having difficulties installing this O/S.

I have removed the vendor.xml file and tried using AppLoader.exe to install.

It seems that AppLoader does not recognize the Operating System. I have uninstalled all other Operating Systems to prevent any issues.

I am completely at a loss here.

Medic48 03-26-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic48 (Post 1585789)
Once again, I am having difficulties installing this O/S.

I have removed the vendor.xml file and tried using AppLoader.exe to install.

It seems that AppLoader does not recognize the Operating System. I have uninstalled all other Operating Systems to prevent any issues.

I am completely at a loss here.

Well, I downloaded an application from RIMgeeks.com known as BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) and I was able to complete the installation.

--Phil

anthony_h 03-27-2010 05:10 AM

Does this " v5.0.0.922/5.0.0.545 (Multilanguage) " OS solve the sms problem ?
Whenever i recieve an sms they all come under 1name in 1 thread...
Thank you !! :)

UselessNick 03-27-2010 03:47 PM

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2BAA6EBC8B872D

OS 5.0.0.922/5.0.0.545 (EastAsia)

fonejunkie 03-27-2010 04:04 PM

So what is it about the format/structure/whatever of the BBM Contacts database that causes the upgrades to hang? It seems like it's been that way since the first of the 5.x operating systems... It's easily enough to recover from, but a real PITA. Anyone have a definitive answer?

prinzhernan 03-27-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UselessNick (Post 1586100)

Finally! Awesome! Thanks!

titan703 03-28-2010 12:08 PM

I have had issues with both this release and the last one where UMA will stop working until I do a battery pull. It will be fine for a day and suddenly just stop connecting, even though wifi picks up and connects to my home network - just no UMA...

Cavihitts 03-28-2010 12:19 PM

Wirelessly posted

Any thoughts on battery performance versus .442?

pda luvr 03-28-2010 07:19 PM

With this release, the speakerphone icon doesn't really work properly. If I dial a numnber and hit the speakerphone button, it may not come on even though the speakerphone indicator is on. I'm always switching back n forth with speakerphone so this has been quite the pain...Anybody else experiencing this?

DaCurryman 03-30-2010 10:53 PM

the language options I'm getting include "English UK" but not "English US". I'm a little hesitant to install it because I don't want it to trigger spell check for things like "color" when it thinks it should be "colour" or something similar. Any advice?

John Clark 03-30-2010 10:58 PM

Don't check any languages. English US is installed by default. The languages listed are additional languages in addition to English US.

DaCurryman 03-30-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1587744)
Don't check any languages. English US is installed by default. The languages listed are additional languages in addition to English US.

Ahhh...that makes sense. Also, when it's restoring, it hangs when restoring Database BBGroups. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

John Clark 03-30-2010 11:53 PM

The Groups thing is a known issue. Hopefully RIM gets that fixed soon.

Remove yourself from as many groups as you can before updating. I upgraded to .586 on my 9700 last night and had 4 groups going. The automatic backup hung for over 20 minutes. I finally unplugged and removed myself from two of the groups and started the loader process again and the backup went through with very little hesitation on the groups. The subsequent restore after the loading process went relatively quickly, as well. If you can remove yourself from all groups that is best.

DaCurryman 03-31-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1587762)
The Groups thing is a known issue. Hopefully RIM gets that fixed soon.

Remove yourself from as many groups as you can before updating. I upgraded to .586 on my 9700 last night and had 4 groups going. The automatic backup hung for over 20 minutes. I finally unplugged and removed myself from two of the groups and started the loader process again and the backup went through with very little hesitation on the groups. The subsequent restore after the loading process went relatively quickly, as well. If you can remove yourself from all groups that is best.

Awesome!! Everything seems to be good. Now to get in touch with IT so I can go through Enterprise Activation again. Thanks a bunch!!

John Clark 03-31-2010 12:05 AM

EA starts automatically with OS 5.0. I don't have to be on a work pc or vpn in. I simply use loader.exe and after the device data is restored the EA starts on it's own. With 4.6 on my 8900 I had to vpn in and connect to DM to start EA but not with the 9700 and OS 5.0.

DaCurryman 03-31-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1587768)
EA starts automatically with OS 5.0. I don't have to be on a work pc or vpn in. I simply use loader.exe and after the device data is restored the EA starts on it's own. With 4.6 on my 8900 I had to vpn in and connect to DM to start EA but not with the 9700 and OS 5.0.

I'm able to access it, but my company has a time limit on activation, so I put in a ticket to have them restart the counter so the BES will accept my request.

Now I read through this thread regarding the change on the lock button, but I guess I read it wrong. I thought that if you have a password enabled (which I do), then the functionality of the lock button (top-left) stays the same. However, mine does not lock when I press it. It just turns off the screen and puts the phone in standby or something because if I press it again, then the screen comes back on and the phone is fully accessible. It doesn't ask me for a password or anything. Am I missing something?

John Clark 03-31-2010 12:50 AM

So, your device didn't start an EA automatically after this upgrade? For me, the EA now starts automatically after an upgrade even though there is no connection to the mail server. I've been told this is new in OS 5.0.

The time limits are usually in place when the admin sets a password for you to type in to start EA. They can set it for any length of time up to 48 hours. After that the password is no longer valid. Can you vpn in to get a connection to your mail server? If so, then if DM is installed properly for corporate mail use then you can plug into that and get the EA to start. I haven't called IT for an EA password in years.

As for the password lock if you hold the A key or press the lock button you will simply get keypad lock. If you want password lock you need to press the K key. If you have a password enabled then the lock icon will show up in the settings folder and you can use the K key or the password Lock icon.

scuzzilla 03-31-2010 06:21 AM

I see that my question is not really related to the latest OS but it's a function of it. ;)

I keep asking myself what the "green house" beneath my providers name means, when I'm at home. I'm almost certain that it's just the confirmation for UMA but I wanted to make sure that it's just that. ;)

eyebrowski 03-31-2010 02:19 PM

I just updated and am now sending double SMS and BBM messages. Anyone else having this issue?

ahstanford 03-31-2010 04:18 PM

I'm currently running OS v5.0.0.330. What is the difference between what I'm running and this updated version? Is it worth the trouble to update?

Also, it shows that this is for Vodafone UK or something, and I'm on T-Mobile in the US. Will this work for me?

John Clark 03-31-2010 04:26 PM

Read through this thread and you will find valuable info on what everyone has found with this OS compared to the previous versions.

sc0tty 04-01-2010 10:03 AM

Mac

Can anyone tell me how I go about installing this through a Mac?

I've got the desktop manager installed on the Mac and its showing up as '5.0.0.421' as the OS installed on the BB. But theres no way to update it.

John Clark 04-01-2010 10:12 AM

You need a pc. Can't do it on a mac. A Windows environment like parallels or bootcamp will work, though.

Howard S. 04-01-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahstanford (Post 1588162)
Also, it shows that this is for Vodafone UK or something, and I'm on T-Mobile in the US. Will this work for me?

Yes. Make sure to follow the instructions exactly and delete the Vendor.xml file.

Tr1gg3R 04-07-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UselessNick (Post 1586100)

It's not there anymore.

Maybe they pulled the release?

Any chance someone could upload 922 EastAsia somewhere?

Many thanks :smile:

PSiBeR 04-07-2010 10:12 PM

Just updated to .545 from .423 using Bell's OS. Everything is pretty stable so far, no issues.
However now I'm missing the keyboard lock option. I used to be able to just hit * and the green answer key to lock and vice versa unlock.

Now I'm pretty much forced to press the lock button at the top left of the phone..
I'm contemplating on going back to .423 unless someone has a solution. ?

John Clark 04-07-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSiBeR (Post 1591414)
Just updated to .545 from .423 using Bell's OS. Everything is pretty stable so far, no issues.
However now I'm missing the keyboard lock option. I used to be able to just hit * and the green answer key to lock and vice versa unlock.

Now I'm pretty much forced to press the lock button at the top left of the phone..
I'm contemplating on going back to .423 unless someone has a solution. ?

Please read through this thread (and the hundreds of others on this issue) to learn more about the change in lock features. It's not a bug. It's here to stay.