BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Long Shot Question, Wreless Synch and Another Users Calendar (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=22936)

technicalninja 01-03-2006 09:41 AM

Long Shot Question, Wreless Synch and Another Users Calendar

Hey folks

Does anyone know how to bypass the existing limitation of not being able to wireless synch to anyone's calendar but their own? My organization runs BES 4.0 and Exchange server and uses a standard outlook setup for our calendars. We have a lot of personell that support the senior staff of the command. (henceforth referred to as people herders, or just herders) The herders have previously been synching all items but calendar wirelessly and calendar synching is handled via a PIM mapping to the VIP's calendar. Unfortunately when they travel this feature becomes less then ideal as they need to get updates that home station is making to the calendar. Can anyone give me insight into how to accomplish this, whether through third party software or any other solution? Thanks.

Also I apologize if this has previously been covered, no criteria I could find brought it up in a search.

stonent 01-03-2006 09:56 AM

Are you meaning when the people herders travel or the VIPs?

technicalninja 01-03-2006 01:23 PM

Traditionally they travel together, hence the issue.

technicalninja 01-04-2006 08:53 AM

Anyone have input? I'm amazed my organization is the only one that has issue with this.

takeshi 01-04-2006 09:04 AM

Not as far as I know. It seems like it's one or the other...

BlackBerry Master 01-04-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technicalninja
Hey folks

Does anyone know how to bypass the existing limitation of not being able to wireless synch to anyone's calendar but their own? My organization runs BES 4.0 and Exchange server and uses a standard outlook setup for our calendars. We have a lot of personell that support the senior staff of the command. (henceforth referred to as people herders, or just herders) The herders have previously been synching all items but calendar wirelessly and calendar synching is handled via a PIM mapping to the VIP's calendar. Unfortunately when they travel this feature becomes less then ideal as they need to get updates that home station is making to the calendar. Can anyone give me insight into how to accomplish this, whether through third party software or any other solution? Thanks.

Also I apologize if this has previously been covered, no criteria I could find brought it up in a search.

Presently, (to my knowledge) you cannot synchronize wirelessly with someone else's Calendar. The BES scans a users mailbox for changes and pushes these changes to the user's handheld (by matching up with the PIN of the BlackBerry). The herders will have to continue synching through the wire for now.

Email [email address] and suggest it for a future release perhaps.

technicalninja 01-05-2006 02:58 PM

Hmmm I appreciate the info you have confirmed many of my worst fears. Follow up question, does desktop redirector support moving calendar files wirelessly? I'm debating trying to come up with a solution to trick the BES into sending the information (mirrirored mail stores etc) but I'd rather do my monkey wrenching on a desktop machine sitting in my DMZ then tinker with the BES or the exchange servers.

technicalninja 01-09-2006 03:20 PM

Any thoughts?

supercompact 09-11-2007 08:10 PM

Did you ever get this figured out? I have basically the same situation but I'm on a Lotus Domino server.