BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Email signatures (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=44523)

Digital Oxygen 08-22-2006 10:22 AM

Email signatures

Hello all,

I have used the Search function, and generally perused the forums trying to find an answer to my question.

I have a 7130e (vzw), and I would like to change the goofy "Send from my Verizon Blackberry" email signature, but I cannot find anything on the blackberry that will let me change that. Is there a way to change it to a custom siggy?

Thanks for your help.

NJBlackBerry 08-22-2006 10:28 AM

If you are using the Verizon BIS, you can change the siggy to anything you wanty by logging into the BIS and changing it there.

I just logged into the T-Mobile BIS and changed my siggy.

joginder 08-22-2006 10:29 AM

go to your Verizon's bb site and for that account you see the signature box has this text.. remove it.

careyana 08-22-2006 10:29 AM

Fairly easily!

In your messages, Options\Email settings - and change your Auto sig in there.

NJBlackBerry 08-22-2006 10:30 AM

Good thing it is so easy to change the siggy.

Digital Oxygen 08-22-2006 12:47 PM

Ok, maybe I'm a little slow... Yes, I've been accused of that from time to time.

I logged onto Verizon's BIS, went to change options on the email addy I wanted to change the siggy, and I see it there, but it won't let me edit it. argh!

What am Idoing wrong?

Sorry if I seem a bit frustrating to you all trying to help me out here. I'm not a computer idiot, but I just can't seem to get this damned thing to change siggies. I'm sure I'm missing a step between my waking up and trying to change the signature... :(

Steps:

1. Log onto BIS
2. Select Email Accounts under "services"
3. Select appropriate email address
4. Select "edit"
That puts me in "General Settings" I see the signature on the bottom, but I can't change it.

NJBlackBerry 08-22-2006 12:53 PM

Verizon BIS addy must be diff 4 changing a siggy than T-Mo.

Odd. Bet it's there but srch for it with the addy.

lhuff 08-22-2006 01:17 PM

Yeah, you can change it on Nextel BIS as well.

JeffAUV 08-22-2006 01:20 PM

I have 2 guys on VZW and the above method worked fine for me to edit signatures. Let me log in to one of their accounts and check on this...

JeffAUV 08-22-2006 01:26 PM

I just checked on it. Log in here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
click the "edit" option on the right hand side for the address you want to change and you should be able to edit within the sig box at will. I literally just did this 30 seconds ago.

careyana 08-22-2006 01:35 PM

Out of curiousity, is it different for BIS/BES for the signature changes? I've never been in anything but a BES environment.

Digital Oxygen 08-22-2006 01:37 PM

Ok, I got the Data people on the line. The web link is blackberry.com/go/vzw

It pops up a login screen, and after that it's simple as nuclear physics.

thank you for your help, gentlemen.

DJ_hella_yella 08-23-2006 01:47 AM

What about the 7100g (Cingular)...I need to change my sig

JeffAUV 08-23-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_hella_yella
What about the 7100g (Cingular)...I need to change my sig

If you are on BIS, Cingular and Verizon both use the same format as outlined above. T-Mo makes you go through their website, but the end interface is the same. I don't have any experience with Sprint or Nextel, but I would imagine they are the same if they have upgraded to the "new" interface.

bianchina3 08-28-2006 10:55 AM

I don't know how to log into my BES. I have a corporate device but I am clueless. Help.

noeffectx 08-28-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Good thing it is so easy to change the siggy.

a long day from work eh? time for vacation perharps? j/k