BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   WiFi HotZone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   I can't connect without using Wi fi (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=235781)

hannahcleverclogs 09-11-2010 12:50 PM

I can't connect without using Wi fi

Okay so I have a blackberry curve 8350 i think and it won't let me connect to the internet without wi fi and I just want to run off my normal network signal or whatever because I have free internet browsing with orange. I'm on pay as you go if thats important. A. I read loads of other posts i did advanced options> browser > default broswer config and it only gave me Hotspot browser with no option to change. B. I also went to host routing table and there isnt anything there at all, no numbers just *no entries*. C. I only got my blackberry today as its my birthday tomorrow and i really dont want to ring anybody but it seems i might have to. Its really annoying me i get the message "This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again." Please help me if you can as I'd like to get this sorted as soon as possible. thankyou.

aiharkness 09-11-2010 12:56 PM

You need a blackberry data plan -- data service specific to blackberrys -- to use the RIM/blackberry data apps, and to use the blackberry browser on the mobile network.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

hannahcleverclogs 09-11-2010 01:04 PM

But thats gonna cost me more money and I haven't got more money to spend and I just want to go on normal browsing isn't there anything I can do that won't cost me even in phone bills. I'm regretting my decision to buy a blackberry now.

MidnightDraven 09-11-2010 01:06 PM

No.
Blackberry's require a Blackberry data plan.
That's the only way you'll get data over the carrier network.

hannahcleverclogs 09-11-2010 01:14 PM

Do you think since I bought it today that I can take it back tomorrow and ask for a refund

NJBlackBerry 09-11-2010 01:15 PM

While you are there, ask them why they sold you a BlackBerry without the proper data plan?

MidnightDraven 09-11-2010 01:19 PM

Where did you buy it?

hannahcleverclogs 09-11-2010 01:23 PM

Phones 4u. I've reset it back to factory settings and packaged it all up I'm just hoping they'll take it back. It has to be the worst birthday present ever.

NJBlackBerry 09-11-2010 01:24 PM

Sigh. Some cheese with that whine?

MidnightDraven 09-11-2010 01:26 PM

Ah, yeh. Doesn't suprise me phones 4 u didn't set you up with the correct plan. What carrier [network]?

hannahcleverclogs 09-11-2010 01:28 PM

Orange, I just transferred my old sim into it so I kept my same number.

MidnightDraven 09-11-2010 02:34 PM

Ah right.
So you just bought the phone and not a contract with phones4u.
Well, I can tell you its [BB dataplan] an extra £5 per month, even available on PAYG with Orange.