BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Please sir, may I have some more abuse? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=262686)

aiharkness 12-07-2012 01:12 PM

Please sir, may I have some more abuse?

I'm really irritated with TSA, now all the time. There is the isconsitancy. Ask one TSA agent if some is ok, and agent says yes, no problem, so carry it for a while, only to later have some agent give you a lecture and take it away. Ok, who expects resonableness from a government agency. I don't really fault that. I expect it, especially since it has happened more than once.

And of course you can't argue. I know that. But anger is also a no no. Don't let on you are displeased. Not only because it does no good, but also because it earns you another reprimand about your agry tone. Tone is bad. That pisses me off.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

NJBlackBerry 12-07-2012 01:16 PM

Re: Please sir, may I have some more abuse?

Old news ;) Been like that since they started it. Inconsistent and surly.

OTOH, I am now TSA Pre-Check certified so I just walk through...

daphne 12-07-2012 01:16 PM

Security theater at best. Patting down old ladies in wheelchairs and babies. I've read too many sad and horrifying stories of TSA encounters.

aiharkness 12-07-2012 01:32 PM

I know it's old news. But I have no better place to vent. Some dumbass telling me to tone it down. I'm still pissed.

aiharkness 12-07-2012 01:33 PM

Seeing some bad stuff on pre-check.....I'm not going to participate.

Have to go back and find it. What I recall is if you are a pre-check individual and you do something wrong (or are perceived to have done something wrong) you get put on some new bad boys list, brought into being same time with the pre-check, which creates problems for you, which non pre-check individuals would not face.

NJBlackBerry 12-07-2012 01:39 PM

Uh oh, tin foil hat time!

I got Pre check automatically when I was accepted into Global Entry. Both programs save a ton of time.

fourstringfuror 12-07-2012 01:44 PM

If you think it's bad now, wait until they unionize. Incompetent boobs with bad attitudes who can't be fired!

aiharkness 12-07-2012 05:37 PM

What I read may have been tin foil hat stuff. Not sure now. But I do have gut instinct problems with the whole thing.

NJBlackBerry 12-07-2012 05:54 PM

So far it is working VERY well for me.
Less interaction with TSA is, by definition, a good thing.

mriff 12-07-2012 08:16 PM

Pre is the way to go. I was entered into the program by Delta without my knowledge. Now in any airport with a Pre line, I breeze right through. Leave the liquids and laptop in the bag, keep your shoes on and no x-ray scanner, just metal detector.

It's a mess. I haven't seen 'the attitude' very often, but I have seen it. I just keep a smile on and try to keep advancing. And I watch my iPad at all times. :razz:

aiharkness 12-08-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1793451)
Seeing some bad stuff on pre-check.....I'm not going to participate.

Have to go back and find it. What I recall is if you are a pre-check individual and you do something wrong (or are perceived to have done something wrong) you get put on some new bad boys list, brought into being same time with the pre-check, which creates problems for you, which non pre-check individuals would not face.

Not the same source, but same info...

Voices: Aliya Sternstein

But of course nothing can go wrong.

mriff 12-08-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1793538)
Not the same source, but same info...

Voices: Aliya Sternstein

But of course nothing can go wrong.

From the article:

The TSA PreCheck Disqualification List consists of PreCheck participants who were temporarily or permanently barred for violations of certain aviation security rules such as packing a loaded firearm in carry-on luggage or carrying fake documents.

I'd say those are a couple good reasons to add someone to a watch list.

There are exceptions of course, but overall, I think it's a good idea for the very frequent flyers out there. It works well in the major airports. At least so far.

NJBlackBerry 12-08-2012 11:46 AM

I've had the same experience. No firearms, of course.

So people who try to abuse the system are banned. Sounds good to me.

TBOLTRAM 12-21-2012 12:52 PM

The TSA security checkpoint is one of the few places where it is right and ethical to let a out a ripe fart in public.