BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   "app error 603" on white screen (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=257928)

greycloud 02-22-2012 10:07 PM

"app error 603" on white screen

Greetings,
Yesterday I noticed my battery was running down very fast. Then my 9700 (OS 6 bundle 2949) started showing serious signs of low memory. Looking at the app status, I see that the Blackberry OS/apps is using most memory, everything else is minimal. Finally I get the warning from the device about low memory and removing some apps.
Then eventually white screen with "app error 603" on it and a small text 'reset' to click on.
This has been happening for a day and a half despite multiple batt pulls, etc. I have no idea what's causing it--I haven't made any changes to device, software or apps.
All suggestions appreciated!
~greycloud

Dubdub 02-22-2012 11:31 PM

Re: "app error 603" on white screen

Try this:

KB23951-"App Error 603" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Bold 9780 app error 603 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ror-603-a.html

greycloud 02-23-2012 12:19 AM

Thanks--those links came up in my search and I've read them. I'm a little hesitant to dive into the workarounds in KB23951. My device is the 9700, and I'm not getting the error occurring immediately following a reset.
I'm hoping installing the latest OS will do it. Completed that about an hour ago and so far memory use seems normal and the device is acting normally.

Dubdub 02-23-2012 11:19 AM

Reinstalling the OS is, in many cases the only solution. If you installed OS 6 on the 9700, you might see similar errors int he future. The 9700 was not made for that OS. OS 5 is still the best for that device, IMHO

greycloud 02-23-2012 11:22 PM

Thanks dubdub. Yes installing the latest OS seems to have taken care of it. Thinking back, I'm recalling that the last thing I used before the trouble started was Blackberry Traffic. I didn't load that this time.
This is the first major problem I've had with my 9700 and OS6. I realize OS6 isn't optimal but I'd hate to go back to OS5. Maybe it's time to think about a new device at some point soon.
I appreciate the links and input.

Darwinedward 02-24-2012 07:55 AM

Blackberry 9300 app error 603?
Hey i have been getting really. Frustrated with my blackberry I left it on my bedside then the following morning I switched it on it took a long time to load up but eventually went on but then went through the security verification process And yet again took another long period of time after it had been through the process it went onto a white screen with black writing reading app error 603 reset I clicked reset it restarted and repeated the process I really need help and any answers I get I will be really grateful :D I really don't want to replace it

devnull 02-24-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinedward (Post 1768931)
Hey i have been getting really. Frustrated with my blackberry I left it on my bedside then the following morning I switched it on it took a long time to load up but eventually went on but then went through the security verification process And yet again took another long period of time after it had been through the process it went onto a white screen with black writing reading app error 603 reset I clicked reset it restarted and repeated the process I really need help and any answers I get I will be really grateful :D I really don't want to replace it

The solution was provided in the posts above yours?

Dubdub 02-24-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinedward (Post 1768931)

Welcome to BBF. Please do not write in text speak as it makes your post much too hard to read and understand.