BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   BB Messenger and WiFi disabled by IT Policy (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=246078)

karimessam 03-13-2011 12:46 AM

BB Messenger and WiFi disabled by IT Policy

I bought a BB 9800 Torch n it was locked and I managed to unlock the phone for calls, txt messages but BB messenger, Face Book, Twiter are not working the message appearing ( This application has been disabled by IT policy). Would you please guide me how to solve this problem. I have tried to reset to factory settings through CMD, also wiped the device and reinstall OS6 but still no luck :?

Best regards.

yoshisbs 03-13-2011 01:28 AM

[QUOTE=karimessam;1707042]I bought a BB 9800 Torch n it was locked and I managed to unlock the phone for calls, txt messages but BB messenger, Face Book, Twiter are not working the message appearing ( This application has been disabled by IT policy). Would you please guide me how to solve this problem. I have tried to reset to factory settings through CMD, also wiped the device and reinstall OS6 but still no luck :?

So I've run in to this issue once. But, it was a while ago, like 2 yrs ago. You'll have to have it re-added to that same IT and have it fully removed on that end before it gets open all the way.
You "might" want to try adding it to a new IT (maybe a friends) and see if that works but that one, I'm not sure about.

Good Luck
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

karimessam 03-13-2011 01:39 AM

Re: BB Messenger and WiFi disabled by IT Policy

I bought it from Moscow n now Im in middle east :(

NJBlackBerry 03-13-2011 06:20 AM

Yoshisbs - thanks for trying to help, but the answer is wrong..

Karimessam, check out this thread on how to remove an IT Policy:

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ

karimessam 03-13-2011 06:38 AM

Have tried that but it didnt work also :(

rambo47 03-13-2011 07:36 AM

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan?

tsac 03-13-2011 11:57 AM

[quote=yoshisbs;1707048]
Quote:

Originally Posted by karimessam (Post 1707042)
I bought a BB 9800 Torch n it was locked and I managed to unlock the phone for calls, txt messages but BB messenger, Face Book, Twiter are not working the message appearing ( This application has been disabled by IT policy). Would you please guide me how to solve this problem. I have tried to reset to factory settings through CMD, also wiped the device and reinstall OS6 but still no luck :?

So I've run in to this issue once. But, it was a while ago, like 2 yrs ago. You'll have to have it re-added to that same IT and have it fully removed on that end before it gets open all the way.
You "might" want to try adding it to a new IT (maybe a friends) and see if that works but that one, I'm not sure about.

Good Luck
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Wish i knew what he thinks an IT is.

karimessam 03-13-2011 11:57 PM

Yes Im currently on a data plan from service provider .. Email n internet r working fine.