BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=241359)

bigfurryfish 12-08-2010 10:46 AM

Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ?

Hello,

What I'm trying to do is import the pictures from my devices' internal memory, to my computer. I am using the desktop manager, and have connected my device to the computer via the USB cable. The problem is, the pictures won't show up. Do I need to have a media card (microSD card) inserted in my device in order to be able to transfer files? I would think I would be able to transfer anything from the devices' internal memory onto my computer. Regardless of how cheap they are, I don't see a need to have to buy a media card - at least not now.

Is there some way I can do this? Am I missing something? I figured it may be the encryption blocking the computer from accessing it, but I don't have an option in security settings for encryption.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MidnightDraven 12-08-2010 01:05 PM

Re: Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ?

You cannot drag and drop from the internal memory like you would be with a media card.
You have to use the Media part of Desktop Manager.

eid201 01-06-2011 07:26 PM

I have the same problem and fail to understand why I can't backup images on the device memory.

When I start up the Desktop Manager, I can't do anything with media or pictures. It is not "clickable". Seriously?

jamstyles 04-10-2011 02:44 PM

Had this same issue and could not access pics from BB with the following situation:

-NO media card
-BB Desktop Software 6.0 (latest)

All 'answers' on net mostly state moving pics from internal memory to SD card to access.

WORK-AROUND (if you are willing to install/uninstall some software on your PC):

-Download older version of BB Desktop Manager (I used 5.0; 4.3 should also work)
-Install, launch, and then launch Media Manager from the Desktop Manager interface
-Old interface allows you to see your BB, including BOTH media card (if installed) AND device memory
-Select and copy the images from *My Devices > Device Memory* up to "My Media > Pictures" (using the "Copy Up" button)
-These pics will then be available on your hard drive (for me, a folder was created at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\Devices Download Files)

Good luck to all!

EDIT: make sure you check the box during download to INCLUDE the ROXIO MEDIA MANAGER download!