BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Moving Mailboxes to a new DB within Exchange 2010 results in BB not getting mail (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=243508)

P1ITUK 01-17-2011 04:35 AM

Moving Mailboxes to a new DB within Exchange 2010 results in BB not getting mail

Hi All,

Hoping somebody can shed some light on an issue we are currently having.

We have Exchange 2010 (non SP1) and have been happily using BES 5 for a while, we are now in the process of implementing Exchange High Availability using DAG (Database Availability Group) - meaning there will be multiple copies of the mailbox DBs on different servers (only one live at any one time obviously)

So, stage 1 was to create another Exchange box and then migrate all the mailboxes onto it - this will be the servers only role, the original server will be the front end box and will have everything other than DBs.

Moved all mailboxes with no issue, until we moved the ones who have BB's (only 7 users from 80 or so mailboxes) Once the mailbox has been moved the BB can no longer send or recieve mail, we get the following error in the logs:

{anyuser@domain.co.uk} MAPIMailbox::MAPIMailbox - OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d) failed, MailboxDN=/o=ORGNAMEHERE /ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Any User, ServerDN=/o=ORGNAMEHERE /ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=FRONTENDSERVERNAME /cn=Microsoft Private MDB

(obviously I have substituted private info here)

All mail clients work fine on the fly and just need to be closed and reopened, as do iPhones - so the front end server is working as it should be. We have restarted both servers and tried re-activation, neither made any difference. Moved the mailboxes back to the front end server (where they were orginally) and handsets work immediately. MAPI profile is OK and opens as usual.

I read somewhere that someone having the same issue had to rebuild the BES server and re-activate handsets - I would really like to avoid this and suspect we cant be the first people having this issue - and if this is the case its going to make using Exchange DAG impossible.

Really appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks, Tom

penguin3107 01-17-2011 07:21 AM

Re: Moving Mailboxes to a new DB within Exchange 2010 results in BB not getting mail

Reboot BES and/or run the handheldcleanup tool.
KB00140-How to use the handheldcleanup.exe tool when moving mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange

P1ITUK 01-19-2011 08:01 AM

Re: Moving Mailboxes to a new DB within Exchange 2010 results in BB not getting mail

Solved.

The handheldcleanuptool is not for this issue.

We re-ran the BES install and there is an option there for additional exchange DBs.

Working perfectly now. Thanks

fadmin 01-19-2011 08:13 AM

Do you mind sharing more info with us as I have never seen that option during the BES install?

MarkF 01-19-2011 03:26 PM

everytime you add a new E2010 database you should either re-apply permissions for the BES service account across all the databases:

1. On a computer that hosts the Microsoft® Exchange Management Shell, open the Microsoft Exchange Management Shell.

2. Type Get-MailboxDatabase | Add-ADPermission -User "BES service account name" -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin

Or apply permissions specifically to the newly created database:

Get-MailboxDatabase "new database name" | Add-ADPermission -User "BES service account name" -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin

fadmin 01-21-2011 02:24 PM

Mark I was aware of that but OP mentioned re-run of BES setup and some option for additional exchange database...

MarkF 01-25-2011 03:35 PM

fadmin - I guess my point was that in a production environment it wouldn't be desirable to have to re-run the BES install which would affect existing users.

thanks
Mark