BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Blackberry 8310 Bluetooth Problem - Connection Failed (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=129731)

GenesisTech 05-14-2008 02:40 AM

Blackberry 8310 Bluetooth Problem - Connection Failed

Hello everyone.

I have a Blackberry 8310 Curve which seems to be unable to recieve files such as music from other Bluetooth enabled phones.

It is able to locate the phones, and seems to be pairing with them as normal, but when any other phone tries to send a file they get a "Connection Failed" error message.

This happens no matter what number, network or phone type tries to Bluetooth with the Blackberry.

The Blackberry is using OS version: V4.2.2.181

Bluetooth handsfree head sets seem to be working correctly, so I bit lost to what could be the issue.

Is it a setting on the phone? Or maybe the OS is the issue?

Any help would be grateful, thanks.

gsxr800 05-14-2008 06:49 AM

There is a setting on the 8310 to receive using bluetooth. You must activate this or you will not be able to receive a transfer.

GenesisTech 05-14-2008 10:39 AM

Where is that setting located?

romi123 05-14-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenesisTech (Post 929361)
Hello everyone.

I have a Blackberry 8310 Curve which seems to be unable to recieve files such as music from other Bluetooth enabled phones.

It is able to locate the phones, and seems to be pairing with them as normal, but when any other phone tries to send a file they get a "Connection Failed" error message.

This happens no matter what number, network or phone type tries to Bluetooth with the Blackberry.

The Blackberry is using OS version: V4.2.2.181

Bluetooth handsfree head sets seem to be working correctly, so I bit lost to what could be the issue.

Is it a setting on the phone? Or maybe the OS is the issue?

Any help would be grateful, thanks.

Hi,

If you like to receive a file via bluetooth follow these steps:

Go to Media > press Settings (left of trackball) > Receive using Bluetooth. That's it.

nickactive 07-30-2008 07:55 AM

Blackberry's only connect with other Blackberry devices, headsets and car kits - They are designed not to pair with Nokia's, Sony Ericsson, Samsung etc.

aapierre 07-30-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickactive (Post 1038833)
Blackberry's only connect with other Blackberry devices, headsets and car kits - They are designed not to pair with Nokia's, Sony Ericsson, Samsung etc.

Sorry, but thats not true

the post above yours tells you how to do it

pair with the device first then go to your media directory and from the menu option choose receive.

angone 08-05-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romi123 (Post 929885)
Hi,

Go to Media > press Settings (left of trackball) > Receive using Bluetooth. That's it.

That worked!!!!:smile:

solekeeper 08-05-2008 07:28 PM

For some reason I can't find "media" on my phone?

fmrafeeq 09-29-2008 04:50 PM

Try to see if the media icon is hidden

When in Application folder press the button with dots and select show all. It will make all the hidden icons visible. Then you have to remove tick from the hide command to make it normally visible.

mstisha 10-03-2008 06:40 PM

Thank You!

romi123,
OMG THANK YOU!! I just got my Blackberry curve and i've been trying 4 a week 2 get my friends 2 bluetooth their ringtones and stuff 2 me, and finally i googled it, clicked this link and all my problems have been solved!!!
You totally just made my day :-)

Berserker26 10-08-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romi123 (Post 929885)
Hi,

Is there an option to turn this on by default?