BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   What is the best (( 9300 )) OS version for speed and battery life ?? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251205)

alkendy 07-14-2011 06:00 AM

What is the best (( 9300 )) OS version for speed and battery life ??

I am planning to buy the 9300 curve 3g

but i heard that some users are experiencing very slow speed and poor battery life

so which OS is the best for it ?

do you sugest me to retern to OS 5 when I buy it ?

or I dont buy it at all ?

thank you

alkendy 07-14-2011 01:43 PM

Re: What is the best (( 9300 )) OS version for speed and battery life ??

more than 100 views and till now no replay !!??

BCCaper 07-14-2011 07:11 PM

I find that os 6 works best on the 9300. I'd suggest going with a bold or wait for one of the new devices to come out. If you want my 2 cents, go with a 9780 or Torch or wait for one of the new devices to come out. Like me, you'll likely regret the decision to get the 9300.

alkendy 07-16-2011 12:36 PM

Thank you

I bought today new Bold 9780 White

for 360$

And now i am updating it to the last version

9780 6.0.0.2647/6.0.0.600

Rise50 07-20-2011 07:25 AM

I have been using blackberry's since the 90's and had multiple different models. Unfortunately my bold did not like JD & Coke as much as me and has stopped working after trying a glass full lol
I urgently needed a replacement so ran to the nearest store and bought the 9300 - HUGE mistake. don't worry about what OS, jsut get a different model.
By far and away is it the worst Blackberry I have owned (just my personal opinion, I understand many of you will disagree)

Build quality - poor. Just does not feel as well put together as others.
Screen Display - although an improvement over previous models, does not compare to the bold, for example.

Also- who makes a phone with a camera and video but no Flash or Light?? (not really important for my business use, but really crap when I want to take a picture of my baby sleeping)

here's the biggie - BATTERY LIFE - i have tried many different OS's and also replaced the handheld twice, have used spare batteries, and even tried a SIM from another carrier. NOTHING makes this last longer than half the life of any of my other devices.

Either I am the most unlucky owner of the 9300, OR, think carefully before buying. I am a HUGE fan of Blackberry's, will continue to use them, just not this *&^&%^* model.

Thanks, I needed to rant :oops:

Shreyaz 07-25-2011 10:21 AM

Well curve 3G is nice ! Bold is also good ! Curve is not too expensive but easy to handle ! Just the QWERTY keyboard isn't too soft as compared to bold and torch !

srbhandary 10-10-2011 01:29 AM

I own a 9300 and agree that the phone runs out of juice faster than the fastest shooting star :)

Dubdub 10-10-2011 09:11 AM

Battery life depends on how much you use the device and what you use it for. If you surf a lot or make many calls, then the battery doesn't last as long. It is really hard to respond to your question since how you use the device will different from how anyone else uses it.

As for the OS, Read the 9300 section and see what other users have to say about the various versions.

Once you get your BB and get it set up as you want, and if things work as you need, it might not be broken and need to be fixed with an OS update.