BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   The iPhone 4 for day (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=229924)

LunkHead 06-30-2010 06:20 PM

The iPhone 4 for day

So my friend was hanging out today with his iPhone 4 he got on launch day... I let him use my EVO and I used his iPhone 4 for most of the day...

He hates his iPhone and is probably going to return before his 30-days are up..

I made (or tied to make) about 10 calls on it.. Every call was disconnected because I was holding the phone wrong I guess...

Internet worked fine as long as I was not touching the device... If I held it, the internet connection was lost about half of the time...

I should have taken some photos and I will next time he is over because the whole back of the device is scratched just from setting it down... I know he pampers his devices so I doubt this was abuse on his part...

The screen is flat out gorgeous!!!!

Thats about it... I wont comment on iOS 4 because it's pretty much the same as the 4 beta I ran on my 3GS...

Gorgeous device that's pretty much a scratch prone paperweight....

jsconyers 06-30-2010 06:27 PM

What did your buddy think of the EVO?

LunkHead 06-30-2010 06:30 PM

He liked it.... He does not know if he wants it or wait for the Droid X on Verizon... Sprint plans are cheaper and have more minutes ect, but I think he is leaning towards the Droid X on Verizon... Suppose to hit the shelves on July 15th I think...

I think his main turn off on the EVO was the kickstand... He kept commenting on how if he got one he'd remove it... LOL

ArgonNJ 07-03-2010 03:34 PM

I think the iphone 4 is shaping up to be a lemon. Time to go back to the drawing board and maybe have someone who knows something about RF design the thing. I'm staying with the 3GS or maybe Android if ATT ever released one worth a damn.

NJBlackBerry 07-03-2010 03:42 PM

Good call. I got my iPhone 4 Thursday. Only made a few calls on it - all Bluetooth - with no drops. The multitasking seems half baked. I like the integrated inbox.

Most interesting comparison is between the iPhone and iPad. Can't read a damn thing on the iPhone now....

Maybe we can exchange them for the Kin.

LunkHead 07-03-2010 04:08 PM

I already have a low ATT signal here at my house and I was trying to drop the calls in all fairness...

But they all did drop as soon as I held it as I hold any phone...

Multi tasking is well, not really multi tasking... I had beta 4 on my 3GS and it was nothing special...

The funny part is, some Swedish guy (I think he was Swedish) predicted the iPhone antenna problems shortly after Jobs did his Keynote...

TBOLTRAM 07-04-2010 10:02 AM

I want one that talks like Donald Duck.

kathrynhr 07-05-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1625350)
I want one that talks like Donald Duck.

They make those?!? :-o

LunkHead 07-05-2010 04:48 PM

I dont care!!!! I want the white one

NJBlackBerry 07-05-2010 05:23 PM

With the more gee bees.