BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Blackberry club Software Offer :) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=113)

knoppi 08-25-2004 09:39 AM

Blackberry club Software Offer :)

Hi all,

one of our developers has some free time and I want to offer a Blackberry Club Special:

If we can find here until next week friday an application (not a complex one, some simple but nice piece of software) most of us wants to have or which has the most votes (should we make a poll?) I would let my developer program this app for Blackberry Club members only :) (Guess, can I have your logo in 200 pixel width as a png?) and send it out to all Guys here participating at the moment we finished it.

We have three apps still in development, to be finished until end of September, so if we hit one of these, we need to find another. Hope you'll understand.

NOT possible is a SIM address copy tool, sorry :) SIM card access is not supported by any BB API ... Unfortunately.

Oliver

johnh 08-25-2004 09:53 AM

Modem software 8)

kirson 08-25-2004 10:23 AM

A spellchecker!

AMCELL J 08-25-2004 10:39 AM

Lets start a poll!!!

Alfonso Papa 08-25-2004 12:13 PM

A tool to change the graphics on the display, at least to be able to read the phone numbers of the incoming calls.

Mark Rejhon 08-25-2004 12:18 PM

Modem software, modem software!

Include this in your poll, if any poll is made.
Blackberry as external modem for laptop.

Tom 08-25-2004 12:18 PM

So many options, so little time :D

Here is the list Thusfar, QUOTE IT, and add your own. At the end of the week, I will place a poll with these options.
  • Modem Software (if possible)
    SpellChecker

Change graphics on display is not on there because its a feature of OS 4.0 :D

Tom 08-25-2004 12:21 PM

Logo:

http://www.blackberryclub.com/blackberryclub.png

:)

Mark Rejhon 08-25-2004 12:34 PM

I noticed that some people may not know what "Modem Software" means, they usually ask "Can I use my Blackberry as a modem for laptop?" thinking it is a hardware feature when in actuality it can be done in software.

Then again, the descriptive sentence "Software to use Blackberry as Modem for Laptop" is a litte long winded!

Stanley Pain 08-25-2004 12:44 PM

"Modem Software" :D

Even though I don't think it's possible...

johnh 08-25-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
I noticed that some people may not know what "Modem Software" means, they usually ask "Can I use my Blackberry as a modem for laptop?" thinking it is a hardware feature when in actuality it can be done in software.

Then again, the descriptive sentence "Software to use Blackberry as Modem for Laptop" is a litte long winded!

Mark didn't I read somewhere that you said that with 4.0 and a built in TCP/IP stack, the possibility of this is much greater?

Mark Rejhon 08-25-2004 02:37 PM

Definitely. The possibility is indeed much greater for marketability and profitability when people won't need to sign up for BES/MDS to use Internet-capable applications.

Technically, but even without the TCP/IP stack, it is still possible through BES/MDS. Normally, there is little difference using the Blackberry TCP/IP stack and using BES/MDS, since the programming is pretty similiar. (What happens underneath at the OS or server side may be different though).

Just posted more information in this thread:
Proof: BlackberryModem is technically possible.

finch 08-25-2004 03:59 PM

Spell checker...

ScOObydoo 08-25-2004 04:15 PM

Backlight control :)

(Automatic on certain times etc...)

Tom 08-25-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScOObydoo
Backlight control :)

(Automatic on certain times etc...)

Backlight control available in 4.0

Mark Rejhon 08-25-2004 05:07 PM

Guess,

So far I only see the ability to adjust the new backlight timeout feature in 4.0 -- there seems to be no Automatic-On. Have you been able to find an Automatic-On feature? (not that I would use it much, due to battery drain)

Tom 08-25-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Guess,

So far I only see the ability to adjust the new backlight timeout feature in 4.0 -- there seems to be no Automatic-On. Have you been able to find an Automatic-On feature? (not that I would use it much, due to battery drain)

No, I should of been more clear in my post.

I havent been able to find one either, but just the sole fact of having a blacklight timeout adjustment is great.

jmk 08-25-2004 05:36 PM

The ability to use BB as a modem would be AWESOME! Thanks for the offer.

AMCELL J 08-25-2004 06:18 PM

My vote goes for Modem option!! :D

Tom 08-25-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMCELL J
My vote goes for Modem option!! :D

I'm pretty sure a poll is no longer necassary, They are looking into developing some Modem software. They will let me know if its possible asap.