BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Free ringtone websites (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=229651)

newtda 06-26-2010 09:30 PM

Free ringtone websites

I looking for a website that will accept the bb tour to download ringtones, pictures, etc. I was using Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Make and Download Free Ringtones, Free Mobile Wallpaper and Play Free Games but then realized they dont accept the bb tour.

tsac 06-27-2010 11:57 AM

Some sites will allow you to download the ringtone and then you can move it using DM.
Just be sure the format is correct .

Try tuneusin.com/ringtones.

Kamau 06-27-2010 09:23 PM

Not to be smart or anything, but why are you still downloading ring tones when you can make them yourself? It only takes a couple minutes, and it's yours the way you want it.
Audacity is an excellent application for doing it, and it's free.
Just an idea.

newtda 06-27-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamau (Post 1623115)
Not to be smart or anything, but why are you still downloading ring tones when you can make them yourself? It only takes a couple minutes, and it's yours the way you want it.
Just an idea.

I will give it try. I am old fashion i guess.

newtda 06-27-2010 10:40 PM

Ever since i did a update with my tour, I have tried to 3 websites that supported the bb tour and where free to dl music and pictures. None of them have sent me my ring tones or pictures. Does this sound like a phone issue?

NegusDropout 06-28-2010 08:12 PM

I think you should try myxer.com

hyedipin 08-08-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamau (Post 1623115)
Just an idea.

Well, Kamau, you have to understand that some people are actually looking for interesting sounds to set as their ringtone or message tones. So the point actually is to find interesting songs/tones/tunes NOT create them out of something they already have. If they knew what they liked they would have it already. I hope some people who will have the answer understands the difference.

For example I have been looking for some professional sounding ring tone (not a melody or song, but an actual ringing sound), if I heard it in any song, I would download and crop that section, but I have not heard it, and there are many sites out there, that we can use to get some ideas/examples.

Most of the time, you don't know what you are looking for until you actually hear it. ;-)

akosnitzky 08-08-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1622959)
Try tuneusin.com/ringtones.

Good suggestion!!!

Kamau 08-08-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyedipin (Post 1638105)
Well, Kamau, you have to understand that some people are actually looking for interesting sounds to set as their ringtone or message tones. So the point actually is to find interesting songs/tones/tunes NOT create them out of something they already have. If they knew what they liked they would have it already. I hope some people who will have the answer understands the difference.

For example I have been looking for some professional sounding ring tone (not a melody or song, but an actual ringing sound), if I heard it in any song, I would download and crop that section, but I have not heard it, and there are many sites out there, that we can use to get some ideas/examples.

Most of the time, you don't know what you are looking for until you actually hear it. ;-)

And I don't doubt you on that.
Unfortunately, you run the risk of downloading something you don't want, and having a next to impossible time of getting rid of it. Their creators thrive on just that mindset.
I am not putting down your suggestion because it is valid. I am only suggesting that most people have a music collection of their favorite songs. In them, I would be willing to bet that there is a part of a song that sticks out, and in, their minds. For me, I would just cut & edit that part as a ringtone.
If you have any friends that are musically inclined, you might want to try asking them to make something for you, especially someone with a keyboard (I have one, and have made my own tunes as well. I won't comment on how good they sound to anyone else though). The point is, be creative.
But as I said before, I am not putting your suggestion down at all.

Good Luck!

yahjoogooleh 08-10-2010 04:22 PM

Speaking of cropping anyone know a good app to crop certain parts out of a song?? I couldn't find any.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

devnull 08-10-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yahjoogooleh (Post 1639160)
Speaking of cropping anyone know a good app to crop certain parts out of a song?? I couldn't find any.

Look at post #3

JSanders 08-10-2010 05:36 PM

Also, several links here:

Where Can I Download Ringtones? - BlackBerryFAQ

yahjoogooleh 08-10-2010 06:04 PM

Oooh hahaha I didn't even see that!!! I will check that out now thanks again. Haha -_-

Humorjordan 08-10-2010 09:32 PM

thanks for sharing

815wanggaoshu 08-30-2010 02:25 AM

you have to understand that some people are actually looking for interesting sounds to set as their ringtone or message tones.Not to be smart or anything, but why are you still downloading ring tones when you can make them yourself? It only takes a couple minutes, and it's yours the way you want it.

Sunshine3 09-02-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtda (Post 1623131)
I will give it try. I am old fashion i guess.

How do I get the ap to do that?

focus88844 09-02-2010 09:33 PM

Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, games. Millions of downloads for your mobile phone | Zedge

nikjerry 09-18-2010 01:58 AM

focus88844, I have just seen your this site which you have shown here and I just want to say that there is really very fantastic ringtones which is mentioned there. I really like and the more thing that I want to say that I have heard as well as have seen that much sites but didn't find that much fantastic site.

Amplex 09-28-2010 01:14 AM

Hope it helps crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-download-and-install-ringtones-your-blackberry
Sorry I cannot post links yet.

qnelson2 10-23-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NegusDropout (Post 1623487)
I think you should try myxer.com

Thank you for the recommending this. I checked it out and it's really easy and fast.