BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   How do I get rid of this stupid smiley face? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=111387)

cameronrsx 12-28-2007 11:44 AM

How do I get rid of this stupid smiley face?

I have the 8310, this is so annoying sometimes when I am typing to someone on the blackberry messenger and they send a msg too fast or something it shows I have 1 unread blackberry messenger message from my home screen and wont go away. I clear all messages and it still shows, the only way I can get rid of it is to take the battery out of my phone and reboot my phone. It doesnt happen that often but only sometimes. Anyone else have this problem? :smile: makes me :x

JSanders 12-28-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameronrsx (Post 787804)
the only way I can get rid of it is to take the battery out of my phone and reboot my phone.

Ditto. That works best, same here when it happens to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameronrsx (Post 787804)
:smile: makes me :x

Hey, Paris Hilton lost her inheritance and all you can do is think about yourself?

jsconyers 12-28-2007 11:48 AM

If you go into your messages folder it should be in there as well. If you highlight it and mark as read, does it still show the icon?

Perfect Storm 12-28-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 787808)
Hey, Paris Hilton lost her inheritance and all you can do is think about yourself?

hahaha nicely done sir!

cameronrsx 12-28-2007 12:06 PM

the problem is it doesnt show as un read and the message that i already read or any of the blackberry messenger messages in the folder i dot even have the option to mark as read because they have already been read lol. i think its a bug that all you can do is take the battery out to reboot it.

acnst 12-28-2007 02:11 PM

Are you running the latest firmware for your device? If not, an update to the latest version could fix your issue.

JSanders 12-28-2007 02:24 PM

Cameron, yes it is a bug. It happens from time to time on mine.

I am running the latest OS on my 8310 and still happens. No biggie, I usually am due for a reboot anyway.

li2327 12-28-2007 05:24 PM

I have that problem occasionally too. Ending the conversation usually works for me.

John Clark 12-28-2007 10:35 PM

Ditto on the stuck smiley face. Also, sometimes the led continues to flash even though I've read a message. It stays until I get another message and I reply. There are bugs in BBMessenger. it's just the way it is.

gqstatus05 12-31-2007 08:12 AM

Ok i get alot of callers with that issue the fix that I find is that they usually have an email in their saved messages folder. You need to look in the saved messages folder and make sure theres nothing in there or it will show up with a notification. Go into your message icon then hit menu then view saved messages. If you have one in there then thats the culprit.

Dawg 12-31-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gqstatus05 (Post 790476)
Ok i get alot of callers with that issue the fix that I find is that they usually have an email in their saved messages folder. You need to look in the saved messages folder and make sure theres nothing in there or it will show up with a notification. Go into your message icon then hit menu then view saved messages. If you have one in there then thats the culprit.

its a Bb messenger bug not a saved message problem.

gqstatus05 12-31-2007 09:51 AM

Ooops my mistake.