BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FYI: 3rd party garbage (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=62317)

krad 01-22-2007 01:13 PM

FYI: 3rd party garbage

just an fyi for you guys-

I am one of those users who loves to try out new beta or trials of 3rd party apps. In the past few weeks i have began to notice that after uninstalling or removing applications, pieces were still on the phone and in the registry.

example... yahoo go - if you remove yahoo go, you will still have log entries for it when you type alt l-g-l-g. Other applications also do not fully remove modules or cod's.

Without a doubt i think that magmic is the best 3rd party software provider. There applications are clean and leave no mess.

How do you eventually get rid of the excess garbage?

Bite the bullet and use jl_cmder and wipe your device giving it a 507.
Reload latest OS and don't load the same app again unless you need it.

I have been doing this about once a month.

John Clark 01-22-2007 01:16 PM

--- Moved to Aftermarket Software discussion ---

krad 01-22-2007 01:20 PM

what the hell is the point anymore.

i'm outta here.

Pizzle 01-22-2007 01:45 PM

http://www.proficiency2020.com/Images/bye%20bye.gif

blakeatl 01-22-2007 03:43 PM

A giver upper?

bfrye 01-24-2007 12:48 PM

use the database backup to delete the entries...... I reload mine when I get a new one once every few years.

Chinookman 01-24-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark
--- Moved to Aftermarke Software discussion ---

OK help me understand what just happened...?

Looking at the topic this is the after market software right......puzzled....

C-man

John Clark 01-24-2007 10:02 PM

It was originally posted in another forum. I moved it here. I merely posted that I moved it out of courtesy to the OP.

adamlau 01-25-2007 12:17 AM

Perform pre-installation, backup snapshot of your device software before you install a third-party app(s). Restore the backup snapshot to revert your device software back to state it was previous to the installation of the third party app(s) in question.

Chinookman 01-25-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark
It was originally posted in another forum. I moved it here. I merely posted that I moved it out of courtesy to the OP.

gottcha that's why I'm one of Jerry's kids...lol....

SilverSiR 01-25-2007 11:30 PM

LOL it's funny how you mention Magmic, because I remember I had extra modules when uninstalling Magmic games and I emailed support.

They created an internal program that they sent me called MagmicModuleManager or something like that where you can directly delete each module.

They don't publicly make it available, so you are going to have to email them at [email address]. They sent it to me, but the guy warned me that if it screws up my handheld then they are not responsible.

jemberton 02-11-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krad
just an fyi for you guys-

I am one of those users who loves to try out new beta or trials of 3rd party apps. In the past few weeks i have began to notice that after uninstalling or removing applications, pieces were still on the phone and in the registry.

example... yahoo go - if you remove yahoo go, you will still have log entries for it when you type alt l-g-l-g. Other applications also do not fully remove modules or cod's.

Without a doubt i think that magmic is the best 3rd party software provider. There applications are clean and leave no mess.

How do you eventually get rid of the excess garbage?

Bite the bullet and use jl_cmder and wipe your device giving it a 507.
Reload latest OS and don't load the same app again unless you need it.

I have been doing this about once a month.

I don't think that is necessary. Try Mobylo's Surewipe utility. It worked for me!