BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Classic Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Blackberry Classic Internet Connection Issues (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266697)

Chicchan 03-05-2015 03:31 PM

Blackberry Classic Internet Connection Issues

I'm with Straight Talk & according to a ST rep, Blackberry is not compatible with ST & the only functions that work are Phone & Text messages. Of course, there was a way to get the MMS settings online and yes, it worked but my issue now is Internet Connection Settings. The phone works while on Wi_Fi of course but not thru ST. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what did you do to resolve it, if anything? :smile:

joginder 03-06-2015 09:04 AM

Re: Blackberry Classic Internet Connection Issues

I believe ST uses ATT network in same areas and then it also uses T-MO's netwrok in other parts of country. ask them if they are putting you on ATT network or TMO. that may be issue otherwise. Classic supports ATT's all LTE bands but may not be all TMo

tsac 03-06-2015 09:37 PM

Some Data services is not open to some of the low cost carriers who use the majors system.

ST states on their web site that Blackberry does not work with their service.

"The Straight Talk SIM card will only work with an AT&T or T-mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Blackberrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with Straight Talkxxx8217;s Bring Your Own Phone program."

Talk and text only unless your using one of their offered phones.

aiharkness 03-07-2015 10:51 AM

To add to the above, it seems a lot of service providers haven't caught on to the fact that BB10 doesn't use or require BIS. So when a service provider says it doesn't support BlackBerrys it is possible they mean BBOS and BIS.

So, if the network is compatible and there is regular mobile data service then the Classic should have data service on the mobile network. If not, then one or the other or both conditions are not met.

cowgirl05 03-25-2015 07:49 PM

Chicchan, which and WHERE did you change your APN settings? I have straight talk and can get internet.

There are APN settings on my Passport if you click on network, then select (mine shows up as HOME) press that, then at the bottom is APN, make sure you've filled that in.

Then to send text, go to the HUB, select text then advanced, then you can fill in the mmsc url.

I can get BBM, phone, internet, BASIC text to work, but couldn't get text to send an attachment.

syahroni 03-27-2015 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl05 (Post 1814795)
Chicchan, which and WHERE did you change your APN settings? I have straight talk and can get internet.

There are APN settings on my Passport if you click on network, then select (mine shows up as HOME) press that, then at the bottom is APN, make sure you've filled that in.

Then to send text, go to the HUB, select text then advanced, then you can fill in the mmsc url.

I can get BBM, phone, internet, BASIC text to work, but couldn't get text to send an attachment.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile