BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   BB Pearl 8100 ; Problem blank White\Black Screen!! HELP (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242561)

M-ourad 12-31-2010 12:01 PM

BB Pearl 8100 ; Problem blank White\Black Screen!! HELP

Can you give me a solution for this problem? And thanx :smile:

Sytner 12-31-2010 12:04 PM

Re: BB Pearl 8100 ; Problem blank White\Black Screen!! HELP

Can you please give more detail on your problem?

Does the device appear to still work apart from the screen? (E.g receive SMS etc)

Has the device been dropped at all?

What were you last doing before it stopped working?

M-ourad 12-31-2010 12:15 PM

Thanks Sytner;
Some times the screen go white; On this case i can call or receive the calls, and listen the music but you can't see because the SCREEN'S WHITE

and when battery pull, it go just Black!, and trackball light turn on the light, and flash LED on green!

the problem when i was sleeping my phone drrooopped dooown :D :smile:
thanks for your help people

Sytner 12-31-2010 12:21 PM

Okay so now there are no occasions when the screen is usable/you can see stuff on it and use the phone as normal?

M-ourad 12-31-2010 12:26 PM

Will the phone have no damages, or problem in the system(i guess)
but the screen is totaly white!

Sytner 12-31-2010 12:29 PM

From the information you have given the phone seems to be functioning correctly and the screen is the problem. It may need to be replaced.

Are there any cracks visible on the screen itself? Note even the tiniest crack could cause this problem and small knocks/drops can cause cracks.

M-ourad 12-31-2010 12:35 PM

It seems normal :D! I don't know what happend! I used the JL_Cmdr for now! and i will install the OS 4.5, but for error 507 not in the screen because it always black( i know there is error 507 because i used the screenshot in the application JL_Cmdr)

and i have other solution is like the video on utube ( ressemble the screen ) but i can't do That... :(

Sytner 12-31-2010 12:45 PM

If you have a 507 error then run the AppLoader again and that will fix that.

To me it sounds like a screen issue although if you wish to take the device apart and follow YouTube video advice the only thing you need is a T6 Torx screwdriver. Taking apart and reassembling BlackBerrys is not particularly difficult, it only requires a little bit or patience.

If you do buy a screen for it from ebay or another online retailer etc they are not difficult to fix. This video illustrates the process.
YouTube - Blackberry Pearl 8100 Screen Replacement & Dissection by DirectFix.com

Alternatively any decent mobile phone repair shop should do it for you.

M-ourad 12-31-2010 12:47 PM

Yuppp I will ;) Thanks... and i'll give you a THANKS for the reply, this is the first time on this forum just 30 minutes ago! i know all staff now about this siteweb and blackberry.. thankx all

Sytner 12-31-2010 12:51 PM

Not at all, please post an update of your findings whether you get the problem fixed or not. Personally I have a hunch that a screen should do the trick though. :)