BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   iPhone or Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=175786)

fitblackberry 02-12-2009 06:27 AM

iPhone or Storm

Ok so it's down to an iPhone or a Storm, the big advantage for iPhone is the APP store, hows the Blackberry one coming? iphone has an application called 'ftp on the go' bassically an ftp client that allows uses to update websites! any news on whether they'll be one smilar for the Blackberry?

dc/dc 02-12-2009 07:49 AM

Couldn't you use one of the 10 million existing threads on this comparison?

Also, your carrier is called Vodafone.

fitblackberry 02-12-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1282181)
Couldn't you use one of the 10 million existing threads on this comparison?

yep know that ;-) basically the links all say the same and have done for months, 'rove became a free app because it's so unreliable people weren't bothering paying for it'.
What i need is this, if i can't get reliability with an ftp app for blackberry then i will get an ifone, sorry iphone.

Download files and use FTP On The Go's built in text editor to fix text right on your iPhone. Find and Replace features make it a snap. Click the Save button to upload your changes back to the server and you're done. You can even change file permissions (CHMOD) on the server to manage your website from anywhere.

Read lots of possitive reviews for this iphone product, but would preffer getting a blackberry as they're cheaper!!!!!

test54 02-12-2009 04:05 PM

probably get a better response if you asked what is the best FTP app for the Blackberry Storm. Lot of people avoid the iPhone threads because they all tend to look alike.

jeffsims 07-06-2009 05:58 AM

Storm can't compare to the iPhone

TG7 09-20-2009 01:54 PM

I know it's a BlackBerry forum, but the iPhone by FAR.

ifonline 09-20-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitblackberry (Post 1282290)
Read lots of possitive reviews for this iphone product, but would preffer getting a blackberry as they're cheaper!!!!!

Yeah, that sounds like the perfect reason to get a BlackBerry over an iPhone. You should get the iPhone and move on. Really. I have the nagging feeling it would be best for everyone if you did.

ifonline 09-20-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TG7 (Post 1474582)
I know it's a BlackBerry forum, but the iPhone by FAR.

The iPhone by far... what? Were you going to finish that, or just leave us hanging. Not that I'm particularly hanging on every word you say, mind you, but not finishing what you started bothers me.

ifonline 09-20-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1282181)

Don't you realize it's hip and fresh to purposely misspell words? It doesn't make you look stupid, it makes you look stoopid cool! ;-)

charles.mike 09-21-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitblackberry (Post 1282113)
Ok so it's down to an iPhone or a Storm, the big advantage for iPhone is the APP store, hows the Blackberry one coming? iphone has an application called 'ftp on the go' bassically an ftp client that allows uses to update websites! any news on whether they'll be one smilar for the Blackberry?

iPhone is a better in lot of ways.. But i am also excited about My Touch.

bimmerny 11-22-2009 09:06 PM

iPhone is getting played out already Android is the way to go now especially with the HTC ones.

ArgonNJ 11-22-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerny (Post 1513112)
iPhone is getting played out already Android is the way to go now especially with the HTC ones.

Android is nice, but everything I've read says it's no iphone. At least not yet.

Hauser 12-24-2009 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifonline (Post 1474630)
Don't you realize it's hip and fresh to purposely misspell words? It doesn't make you look stupid, it makes you look stoopid cool! ;-)

I hear it's hip and fresh to pad your post count by posting 3 responses in a row instead of grouping your responses into a single post. ;-)

ifonline 12-24-2009 06:28 AM

Really? So posting a useless response trying to be funny while bringing back a thread that's long since dead when your post count is in the 80's isn't padding? Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

poolbizz 12-24-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitblackberry (Post 1282113)

neither one, The storm is a joke, go to the store and play with it.
The iphone 3gs flickers and shuts off, my kids have it. total of 3.
Just wait and see what google comes up with.

ArgonNJ 12-27-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolbizz (Post 1534132)
The iphone 3gs flickers and shuts off, my kids have it. total of 3.
Just wait and see what google comes up with.

I've never heard of that. I had the original iphone and now the 3GS. No such problem occurred, nor have I ever heard of such a problem in the iphone forums.

F0nage 12-27-2009 05:39 AM

The iPhone can't even multitask, it's not a smartphone, it's a fashion accessory. Even my lowly Nokia 5800 blows the doors off it.

I don't understand how anybody can ask what's better, a yuppified toy or a business phone. They're not even the same type of thing.

ArgonNJ 12-27-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F0nage (Post 1535595)
The iPhone can't even multitask, it's not a smartphone, it's a fashion accessory. Even my lowly Nokia 5800 blows the doors off it.

I don't understand how anybody can ask what's better, a yuppified toy or a business phone. They're not even the same type of thing.

http://www.offresonance.com/wp-conte...e-facepalm.jpg