BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Compatible Calendars? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252330)

Ozwalt 08-15-2011 07:29 AM

Compatible Calendars?

I've read more posts here than I can count, but just not finding the answer.

I just received a used 8310, and I'm trying to figure out the whole calendar & syncing thing. I do not want to install Outlook on my computer, so I'm wondering if there is a list of compatible calendar programs available somewhere -- can't find it. I've seen a few folks mention Google Calendar, and that looks like what I need, but I need to be able to sync via USB and not via mobile internet. Tried to find information on direct syncing for Google Calendar, but it looks to me like it's all mobile internet based. If there's another option, I'd love to hear it. Or, I'd be happy with a different calendar program altogether.

Thanks

rambo47 08-15-2011 09:09 AM

Re: Compatible Calendars?

KB12268-Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows for synchronization

Dubdub 08-15-2011 09:13 AM

No BB dataplan?

If you have ATT as your profile states, then you are going to get a BB data plan added to your account as soon as the device is detected.

Ozwalt 08-15-2011 09:24 AM

Thanks Rambo -- exactly what I was looking for.

Ozwalt 08-15-2011 09:28 AM

dubdub -- long story short, my at&t contract is over, so I'm month to month with a Palm until yesterday. Tomorrow I'll be heading to the at&t store to get everything set up for new services, but I don't want mobile internet. I don't need it, so I don't want to pay for it. I'll might get the absolutely lowest volume cheapest option they have, just so I can use if off my wifi when I'm home or swipe a credit card in the field, but aside from that, it would just be throwing money out the window for me.

penguin3107 08-15-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozwalt (Post 1738256)
Tomorrow I'll be heading to the at&t store to get everything set up for new services, but I don't want mobile internet. I don't need it, so I don't want to pay for it. I'll might get the absolutely lowest volume cheapest option they have...

Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen.
AT&T now requires you to subscribe to a data plan with the use of a smartphone.

rambo47 08-15-2011 09:34 AM

If you keep a BlackBerry on AT&T they will detect it and simply add the required data plan to your account.

Ozwalt 08-15-2011 09:51 AM

Sick of people with their hands in my pockets! Thanks guys.

rambo47 08-15-2011 10:18 AM

T-Mobile is the last U.S. Carrier without restrictions that mandate a BlackBerry data plan. If you're out of contract with AT&T now you might want to check out TMO.

Ozwalt 08-15-2011 11:46 AM

Will do! Thanks again.

Dubdub 08-15-2011 01:25 PM

But make sure TMO has the service where you ned it. A cheap plan is too expensive if it doesn't work.