BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Google Calendar Sync Failing? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=121384)

PabloTX 03-20-2008 07:11 AM

Google Calendar Sync Failing?

My last successful sync was yesterday morning. Now, even if I try a manual sync, I get the message that the sync failed.

Quote:

Server problem please check network settings, or try again later
Anyone else having this problem?

8310 on AT&T

PabloTX 03-20-2008 09:11 AM

A battery pull seems to have resolved this, though the events created/modified yesterday don't want to sync and had to be recreated. Odd.

[Edit] - Ended up with the same failure again. I deleted all events created this week on both sides, recreated them in Google Calendar, then re-synced. I think there may have been a corrupt entry on one side that was causing problems.

VaguelyDissatisfied 03-20-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PabloTX (Post 863951)
My last successful sync was yesterday morning. Now, even if I try a manual sync, I get the message that the sync failed.

Anyone else having this problem?

8310 on AT&T

Yep. I noticed this yesterday around the same time you did. It seems to be happening more frequently and people are starting to notice. Take a look here.

Sync problems. - Google Sync for mobile | Google Groups

and here

Sync is Sunk - Google Sync for mobile | Google Groups

Someone needs to bring this to Google's attention pronto.

WFLDEng611 03-20-2008 10:46 AM

My sync works about two to three times a day, and then I get the error everybody else is getting. But when I do a manual sync, most of the time it works.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Mostermac 03-20-2008 01:33 PM

I haven't been able to sync anything since yesterday as well. I did a battery pull, reset the sync, everything I could think of and still nothing. For a moment I thought it was my phone, but now I know there is a problem with google servers for what I can gather from the posts. If anybody knows anything else and if google is doing something about it, please let us know. :cry:

BklynEddie 03-20-2008 02:00 PM

I was also get the server problem error. I re-downloaded just the Google
Sync app and it's been working ever since.
I just copied over the one I had already installed on my BB
and my BB did a reboot and it's been working since.

n9tog 03-22-2008 03:31 PM

I'm on AT&T , on a BB Curve and trying to sync for the first time- keep getting an error. Anyone else still having trouble?

WFLDEng611 03-23-2008 12:18 AM

My sync started working on Friday, and has been working ever since

kevinplarson 04-01-2008 09:53 AM

Google Calendar problems

When I put in an event from the blackberry, it ends up going in THREE TIMES in my google calendar online. Anybody know why?

Also, does anybody know how to make it not keep sending back my sent messages to my blackberry (emails)? email me at [email address] if you could please help.

WFLDEng611 04-01-2008 08:29 PM

Check to make sure your event is not repeated. Is the event repeated the same three times in your BB as well as Google?

Concerning your emails, check your settings on Google calendar to make sure you are not automatically CC'ing or BCC'ing back to yourself.

VDoe 04-12-2008 06:50 PM

Not syncing for me

I just installed all of the Google apps, including Sync. It connects fine and added one event from the Google Calendar down to the BB, but it did not send any of the events on the BB up to the Google Calendar. :-(

Chris

Sith_Apprentice 04-12-2008 06:52 PM

i believe that previously created events will not sync, only events created after the installation.

VDoe 04-12-2008 07:18 PM

Huh?

Well, that sucks! LOL

VDoe 04-12-2008 07:24 PM

Alas, you are correct. I just added one on the BB calendar and it uploaded to the Google Calendar.

ArmyGeorge 04-16-2008 12:34 PM

I couldn't sync, added more events, and still can't sync. I'll delete the sync and reinstall...perhaps there is a newer version?

ArmyGeorge 04-16-2008 01:08 PM

Nope, can't even do a Mobile Update now...maybe I should delete all Google apps and reload?

eurosteve 04-20-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 892502)
i believe that previously created events will not sync, only events created after the installation.

I just signed up for Google Calendar sync and I was dismayed to see that I can't get my existing BB calendar events to sync onto Google Calendar.

I'm having trouble believing this is true. Not much of a sync'ing program if you can't get the two calendars to look the same at the beginning - that's what synchronization is all about!

I guess I could come back in 3 months and my calendar would look fresher. I'd have to re-do all of my re-occurring events.

Phranc 04-20-2008 02:17 PM

Also, if you synch with Outlook, none of those events will synch with Google Calendar either. You have to choose to synch with Google only, or Outlook only. You can't do both with the BB.

If you have Outlook 2003 or above on your PC, you can install Google Calendar synch on the PC and do a roundabout update that wary. PC->Google->BB->Google->PC. Just don't synch the BB to PC.

Concept 04-22-2008 10:07 PM

google sync gets on my nerves. Everytime I sync all I get is duplicates of the things I already have in my calendar. It really erks me to have to go back and delete all of the duplicates that damn googly put in there.