BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Files on Media Card corrupt (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=259784)

jonnyyudelz 06-01-2012 01:24 AM

Files on Media Card corrupt

All my files (music, pics etc) were working fine but now I can't see the music files and the pics r there but cannot view them. This may have happened when I unplugged my bb from my pc without ejecting it properly. I have even repaired the card but to no avail.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

VastiB 06-06-2012 06:47 AM

Re: Files on Media Card corrupt

hi,
my sister and i both have the same problem! we keep formatting it because the file format on the memory card changes from "file folder" to "application". Does anyone know how to fix/stop this? It's very frustrating!:-((n)(n)(n)

ISRAELNUFF 09-24-2012 03:50 AM

This morning when I was checking my phone a message popped up that said
"a Media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair media card now?xxx8221;
When I click yes, another option comes up saying xxx8220;select the storage you want to repair.xxx8221;
And it gives u a tick box with xxx8220;save lost clustersxxx8221;
And below this there are two options 1.media card 2. Cancel
I pressed media card
Then it says xxx8220;media card repair failed.xxx8221;
I have no idea why this has happened or what I can do to fix this, all my videos, all y music and all my photos are gone? And now my phone donxxx8217;t have room for not one more picture and I cannot even put on 1 song on to my phone coz the device has no space.
Any thoughts??

ISRAELNUFF 09-24-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyyudelz (Post 1779099)
All my files (music, pics etc) were working fine but now I can't see the music files and the pics r there but cannot view them. This may have happened when I unplugged my bb from my pc without ejecting it properly. I have even repaired the card but to no avail.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

This morning when I was checking my phone a message popped up that said
"a Media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair media card now?”
When I click yes, another option comes up saying “select the storage you want to repair.”
And it gives u a tick box with “save lost clusters”
And below this there are two options 1.media card 2. Cancel
I pressed media card
Then it says “media card repair failed.”
I have no idea why this has happened or what I can do to fix this, all my videos, all y music and all my photos are gone? And now my phone don’t have room for not one more picture and I cannot even put on 1 song on to my phone coz the device has no space.
Any thoughts??

Ispat 09-26-2012 05:43 AM

Connect your BB to PC ( Mass storege mode when connected set to "YES" ).Take a backup ( pictures,videos.songs etc..) from the media card and save into your pc.Disconnect your BB and format your media card and restore saved files.