BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Q10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Texts freezing (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265611)

Debsydoo 12-03-2013 04:41 PM

Texts freezing

Hi all
Anyone have problems on the Q10 with texts just freezing? Is it because there are too many texts as they did all transfer from protect when I did it the other day.

I've had a look on Google and it seems others have this problem too, is it inherent to the Q10, is it fixable?
Many thanks

HAPPYTREE 12-04-2013 12:26 PM

Re: Texts freezing

Hi

I found this a major bug bear as well on the Q10.

I have since gone back to my trust Bold 9900. The Q10 for me is a let down - it has great features, but it is too clunky, buggy and freezes far too often when using SMS/texts. It must be a Q10-wide issue if others are experiencing the same.

dc/dc 12-04-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPYTREE (Post 1809887)
Hi

I found this a major bug bear as well on the Q10.

I have since gone back to my trust Bold 9900. The Q10 for me is a let down - it has great features, but it is too clunky, buggy and freezes far too often when using SMS/texts. It must be a Q10-wide issue if others are experiencing the same.

These are very bad generalisations. There are only two of you out of many Q10 users on this forum experiencing the issue. It's not fair to say Q10-wide.

ZombieBerry 12-04-2013 12:54 PM

I have found that the ones complaining have every SMS/TXT they have ever sent and/or received saved on their device. OP or HAPPYTREE may want to look into that at some point.

HAPPYTREE 12-04-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1809888)
These are very bad generalisations. There are only two of you out of many Q10 users on this forum experiencing the issue. It's not fair to say Q10-wide.

Perhaps - but I can only speak from my experience and comment on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1809889)
I have found that the ones complaining have every SMS/TXT they have ever sent and/or received saved on their device. OP or HAPPYTREE may want to look into that at some point.

Just for clarification, I can confirm I didnt carry over any SMS messages as they are not nearly as important as emails etc were. So even with an empty SMS box on the Q10, it froze several times, rebooted itself on a couple of occassions and at times, simply refused to send any SMS messages at all. That was one of the straws that broke the camels back for me.

Thankfully, the BB9900 I reverted back to has been fine and I cant complain on my decision to shun the Q10 until its successor arrives (y)

Debsydoo 12-04-2013 05:30 PM

Same problem for me am maybe going to go back to my BlackBerry bold....
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile