BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Bold Tips - Final Version Posted (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=156142)

Stinsonddog 08-01-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedaLoan (Post 1423889)
I thank you for the tips, especially the Replicator one. I have a Bold with an SDMicro 8G card and my operating system is Vista Home Premium. I can not find the card on the Laptop anywhere so I can tell that program to copy from it. Do you know how to find it? Thank you in advance.

If you never solved this please email me but you need the Bold set to operate as a Mass Storage device either all the time, or via ask each time and then say yes.

H.A.I.B.B. 08-27-2009 02:28 PM

I like the letter A to lock, but the mute key to lock works on curve, not every bb..
Thanx BaRTiMuS for this tip..:)

thej 01-03-2010 01:40 AM

nice work man !.. gr8

Ritsuke 01-04-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaRTiMuS (Post 1145567)
Looks great!

Couple of issues:

1. Holding "Q" to toggle between vibrate and normal profiles was left out.

2. "hold mute to lock keyboard" is kind of confusing. It locks the keyboard, but does not lock the phone itself. Holding "A" would put the phone into lock mode. This is important for people who's phones are password protected. Because pressing mute puts it into standby, which is not password protected.

Don't forget this can differ according to your region, azerty vs qwerty users.

1. Toggle between vibrate and normal profiles
Hold "A" on azerty phones
Hold "Q" on qwerty phones

2. Lock the keyboard
Hold "Q" on azerty phones
Hold "A" on qwerty phones

Some people may not get it therefore the clarification.

darcypa 12-14-2010 05:17 PM

Re: Bold Tips - Final Version Posted

These Tips helped me out - Thx

Harrison Leggio 12-31-2010 01:53 PM

These were pretty interesting. Thanks.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

taofik 02-07-2011 10:40 AM

hello,

can somebody PLEASE help out here i am New to the forum and i am thinking of getting a white blackberry torch.Do u think its a GOOD idea.

steakman 08-06-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Hey just found a weird shortcut.. if you have ever wanted to type with accents you can do it easily with your trackball. for instance if you want to type an C with that silly French accent under it just hold the key down and scroll the ball to the left or right can it will cycle through letters for C it works the same for all letters that are like this. Go try it on all the letters and see all the wacky letters you can get.
..been trying to figure that out for 2 yrs.! nice. but note that it works mostly with the vowels...not all the letters..at least on my 9000.

I too have issues with trying to open the tip links as well. and i signed into google...still no joy. but what I have learned here is more than I knew 2 hours ago. So not a lost cause at all.!

thank you Stinson.!

Medic48 08-11-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steakman (Post 1736587)
..been trying to figure that out for 2 yrs.! nice. but note that it works mostly with the vowels...not all the letters..at least on my 9000.

I too have issues with trying to open the tip links as well. and i signed into google...still no joy. but what I have learned here is more than I knew 2 hours ago. So not a lost cause at all.!

thank you Stinson.!

This will also give you certain special characters as well:

A: ÀÁÂÄÃÅÆæåãäâáà
B: ¡
C: Ç©ç
D: Ðð
E: ÉÈÊËëêèé
F: (No Special Characters)
G: (No Special Characters)
H: (No Special Characters)
I: íìîÏïîíì
J: (No Special Characters)
K: “«»”
L: (No Special Characters)
M: …
N: Ññ
O: ÓÒÔÖÕØŒœøõöôòó
P: ¶
Q: (No Special Characters)
R: ®
S: §ß
T: Þ™þ
U: ÚÙÜÛûüúù
V: ¿
W: (No Special Characters)
X: (No Special Characters)
Y: ÝŸÿý
Z: (No Special Characters)

--Phil

tcora 02-22-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caspan (Post 1238924)
Hey just found a weird shortcut.. if you have ever wanted to type with accents you can do it easily with your trackball. for instance if you want to type an C with that silly French accent under it just hold the key down and scroll the ball to the left or right can it will cycle through letters for C it works the same for all letters that are like this. Go try it on all the letters and see all the wacky letters you can get.

Yes. That's been in BB since my first 857 back in 2002 (via the trackwheel back then). Never saw it documented anywhere, I learned of it via word of mouth...

historycap 08-31-2017 07:08 AM

thanks, all of the above mentioned helped fix the problem