BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Blackberry Loyalty... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=127830)

jimmy` 05-01-2008 10:05 AM

Blackberry Loyalty...

Quick question to all of you BB users. I'm still not officially a BB user(my phone was lost through UPS) :cry: but I'm still looking forward to owning one. I see many other random BB users can't just keep hoping for mine to come in the mail. I ask them how do they like their phone, all I really get is "This phone really sucks" , "It's not that great". Yet when I come on this website I get an entirely different response. So... My main question why are you guys so loyal to the phone? Is it the fact that you have so many different options torwards the phone and they don't know about it? Or just because the phone really isn't that awesome? :oops:

BTW.. I'm getting the pearl.. nothing special. :x

Sith_Apprentice 05-01-2008 10:07 AM

one word, "CrackBerry". Its actually a word describing these devices. Its amsuing you get that response, since BB has one of the lowest return rates of ANY mobile device.

jimmy` 05-01-2008 10:09 AM

Ahaha, really? what's the definition of a "Crackberry".. I should do a search myself haha.. But I really don't doubt this phone. I just can't wait to get mine!#!@3!@4! :x

mjgs1971 05-01-2008 10:10 AM

The FAQ says it all:

Why BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

I have three BlackBerrys, and counting (LOL!)

I love it, period.8-)

jsconyers 05-01-2008 10:11 AM

BlackBerry is not for everyone. They may be looking for a something in their phone that the BlackBerry does not offer. Remember the BlackBerry is a mobile email device first, phone second.

Sith_Apprentice 05-01-2008 10:13 AM

Eh that has changed mostly now. It has ALL of the same phone features of other devices and doesnt sacrafice for the email features. Those that say the phone sucks are still using it, and I am willing to bet you put them in something else they are going to hate it more.

jimmy` 05-01-2008 10:16 AM

thank you, true, and true.

I should've never asked the question :]
I can't wait to be apart of the community officially instead of verbally. ahha.
I'm reading crackberry.com right now, so interesting.

Sith_Apprentice 05-01-2008 10:19 AM

bah, dont waste your time there :razz: just kidding. Crackberry offers many things we do not, but in terms of forums for support (i am biased) we are numero uno

jimmy` 05-01-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 914496)
bah, dont waste your time there :razz: just kidding. Crackberry offers many things we do not, but in terms of forums for support (i am biased) we are numero uno

yeah I've noticed that, aha it seems to be A LOT more user friendly and my question was answered all in one post haha. This was the first forum I ran into and I joined immediately.

thanks BBForums (y)

Sith_Apprentice 05-01-2008 10:23 AM

well, dont include me in that assessment, if i am on i usually post way too fast (i am lonely :sad: ) lol

Tank2379 05-01-2008 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"ITS THE BEST DAY EVER"

http://www.blackberryforums.com/atta...1&d=1209655717

jimmy` 05-01-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank2379 (Post 914517)

oh yes, ahah thats going to be my new wallpaper in rememberance of this day. 8-)

BBHorrigan 05-01-2008 11:32 AM

blackberry=efficient

I really can't imagine not having a blackberry.

Dinan3 05-01-2008 01:49 PM

jimmy,

maybe you can persuade these people that you've asked to join our forums here. i think that the majority of people who say this phone sucks have very little clue on what this device is really capable of.

or maybe they're just trying to make you feel better about your MIA ups driver. lol

druha 05-01-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinan3 (Post 914753)
jimmy,

maybe you can persuade these people that you've asked to join our forums here. i think that the majority of people who say this phone sucks have very little clue on what this device is really capable of.

Indeed. Point them in the right direction and their opinions may change.

After my friend had her curve for about a month, she wasn't too satisfied with the phone. After spending time w/ and showing her the ropes, she loves it now.

aiharkness 05-01-2008 03:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (8700g)

What the others have said. The way I put it is the people who say the blackberry stinks are typically users who want something else. Either they bought the blackberry not knowing what it is and they expected and wanted something else, or they're an employee who had a blackberry forced on them and they aren't invested in making it work for them. That's what I take from reading the forum.

It's about priorities. For email, handset and system reliability, security, handset durability . . . I don't believe there is anything better.

ndub33 05-01-2008 03:04 PM

I will be loyal to the product until something else comes along that beats it for reliablity, durablity and security-so far, nothing else has come close.

blakeatl 05-01-2008 05:42 PM

Those people you spoke to are probably just looking for toys with all the fluff on em but with all that fluff, they get random lockups. I tried to tell my wife that she should get a blackberry instead of the sidekick 3, she's now regretting it. The blackberry is "THE" device of all the devices.

The BlackBerry Kid 05-01-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy` (Post 914478)
BTW.. I'm getting the pearl.. nothing special. :x

nothing special? it most certainly is. i love mine!

stevetaz 05-01-2008 06:39 PM

Comments like "this phone sucks" or it is the "worst phone ever" certainly have to be taken with a grain of salt. As others have said, what were they expecting? If they think a sidekick is the best ever, a BB is probably not for them.

Coming from a Treo for a few years I found a steep learning curve, but I believe the BB is far superior and it even works all the time, unlike the Treo. ;-) There are so many settings it can be daunting, but I am getting there.

Perhaps they selected the device without researching it because "they heard" it was great. Or maybe their carrier has poor coverage in that area. I have found the BB to be great at delivering email reliably plus it is also a far superior phone to the Treo, at least for me.

And did I mention it works as promised and as expected? :razz:

SteveTaz