BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry World 2012 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Wes 2008 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=106830)

bertiebassett 05-27-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 945601)

PS: Best advice overheard at WES (after a long day at Disney) - "Dude, when getting out of a car in a hotel parking lot with 2 other guys in the middle of the night, don't yell out, 'DAMN MY ASS HURTS!'"

:smile::smile::smile:

DarthBBerry 05-29-2008 11:44 AM

Presentations online

Anybody download/view the presentations online? Did you read the WA02 session, Troubleshooting the BlackBerry Solution, Part 1? Notice anything peculiar about it? How about the banner on each one of the slides.

It says: Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2007. That's right, 2007! They just recycled the old presentation from last year. Hey RIM, if you're going to regurgitate the same ol' crap from the previous year, you could at least change the banner header to reflect the correct WES. :idea:

wunderbar 05-29-2008 12:11 PM

I hadn't noticed that one. Now, that could be a typo. If the guy applied a single template to every slide, it could just be a typo. Anyone who was at that session in 2007 care to confirm if it was the same one?

DarthBBerry 05-29-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunderbar (Post 948729)
I hadn't noticed that one. Now, that could be a typo. If the guy applied a single template to every slide, it could just be a typo. Anyone who was at that session in 2007 care to confirm if it was the same one?

Same EXACT presentation from last year. I have the PDF from 2007 as well. The only differences I can detect is the title slide for the session number, and the word "device" from '07 is replaced with "smartphone" and vice-versa.

CHEAP!

wunderbar 05-29-2008 12:35 PM

yea, that's....not so good.

Way to go RIM!

Pinjo 05-29-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 948736)
Same EXACT presentation from last year. I have the PDF from 2007 as well. The only differences I can detect is the title slide for the session number, and the word "device" from '07 is replaced with "smartphone" and vice-versa.

CHEAP!

And I believe its the same presentation from their Blackberry Technical Seminar in November.

bertiebassett 06-02-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 948736)

CHEAP!

And

- I actually think it's not a bad idea to re-do some of the previous years sessions, it's not like you ever get thru all the sessions you want to go to...so getting a chance to see them the following year is a bonus..

- I definately felt a number of sessions were 'samey' compared to previous years..

bb