BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Any experts on Windows Mobile devices out there? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=71600)

zimbu1234 04-02-2007 04:59 PM

Any experts on Windows Mobile devices out there?

I am a loyal Blackberry user. However I am helping someone with a Treo with WM and I know nothing about it.

Anyone an expert or know of some websites that are as in depth and active as Blackberryforums ?? I can't seem to find many resources on the Internet.

rather than spend time posing my question, I'll wait til I know someone with knowledge is out there and will be reading it.

Please let me know if you can help me!

jtdarden 04-02-2007 05:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

www.wmexperts.com
www.treocentral.com

zimbu1234 04-02-2007 09:50 PM

Yeah. I have seen Treocentral. Thanks for letting me know about wmexperts, although that is light in activity and contenbt as well. Unless I am missing soemthing, I just can't find anything.

Anyone else who hasn't reached out to me, I would appreciate if you could spare some time.

Or I can post my issue here.

BBAdmin 04-03-2007 03:03 AM

There are very few communities as in depth as this for Windows Mobile as it's still new technology, and of course it's a bit substandard compared to BlackBerry, Good Tech, etc!

I've spent a lot of time working on it so post your issue and we'll see what we can do!

zimbu1234 04-03-2007 10:05 AM

Here Goes:

I don't have a Windows Mobile device but I am in IT support and am trying to help someone who has one.

There are three main issues here:
- she doesnt get every email on her device that comes into her inbox
- when she does get them, the email deletes after she reads and then a Send and Receive is done (manually or auto)
- all of her email when she syncs them show up in her Outlook Inbox, but when recieved it comes into her POP3 Inbox and then disappear (as I mentioned before)

I set up her POP3 account based on her settings provided by her IT group. I am sure she she has the latest and greatest Windows Mobile OS since it is a 3G capable device. Also if it means anything she is using Windows Vista on her PC.

thelongmile 04-03-2007 07:36 PM

The best advice I can give you is go to is pocketpcaddit.com they've been very helpful during the course of my WM5 device ownership

with my WM5 device in front of me it seems to me like she needs to go into the account options, tap Storage and check the "empty Deleted Items" drop down box is set to manual,

then find her pop3 account, click menu and hit tools > options
tap on the pop3 account that is causing a problem

go through the setup procedure to step 4 and tap Options

go through to the third screen and select " Get Message Headers Only"from the drop down box. Hopefully this will solve the problem for her

BBAdmin 04-04-2007 03:58 AM

Sounds a weird set of problems. I honestly have no idea.

bertiebassett 04-04-2007 09:05 AM

throw it in the bin and get her a blackberry...

zimbu1234 04-04-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiebassett
throw it in the bin and get her a blackberry...

I wish I could just do that, but her company provided it to her.

ezrunner 04-04-2007 02:36 PM

perhaps her company should provide the necessary support. Just a thought

zimbu1234 04-05-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezrunner
perhaps her company should provide the necessary support. Just a thought

Its a sales company, very small, they dont really have an IT support group.

ezrunner 04-05-2007 08:53 PM

I wasn't really tryig to be a smart butt was just a thought! wish I knew more so I could help ya

stonent 04-12-2007 08:09 PM

Is OWA 2003 an option?

sslbun 04-28-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimbu1234 (Post 498396)
I am a loyal Blackberry user. However I am helping someone with a Treo with WM and I know nothing about it.

Anyone an expert or know of some websites that are as in depth and active as Blackberryforums ?? I can't seem to find many resources on the Internet.

rather than spend time posing my question, I'll wait til I know someone with knowledge is out there and will be reading it.

Please let me know if you can help me!

Here's some forums that were pretty helpful to me before switching from WM to BB.

PDAPhoneHome.com - Powered by vBulletin
HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource
Pocket PC Thoughts :: Index

hope it helps.