BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Network Outages - powered by DataOutages.com (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Calling all KansasKats - Data Outage in Southern Kansas (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=203005)

DaBlackberryBoy 09-02-2009 10:05 AM

Calling all KansasKats - Data Outage in Southern Kansas

ANyone else experiencing data / email issues in Wichita and southern Kansas on T-Mobile? I have a Storm that was working perfectly fine yesterday morning on the way to work; since then, not a dang thing (data or email). Since I have an unsupported device, I wanted to see if anyone else is having issues. Thx!

cmccoy@njwtrustee.com 09-03-2009 07:27 AM

Check out the new post on the RIM server crash

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 08:51 AM

TMo Outage in Kansas Sept 1-3

I'm unsure of when the crash initially started but for the last 2.5 days I have been dead in the water with my Storm unlocked on TMobile here in Kansas!

No email, no data, no BES! T-Mobile was at a loss as to the issue until now possibly!!!

JSanders 09-03-2009 08:57 AM

So that rules out the "Georgia and other states in the southeast".

Kansas isn't in the southeast, Toto.

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1464566)
So that rules out the "Georgia and other states in the southeast".

Kansas isn't in the southeast, Toto.

Toto! It's tinman - you stand corrected :smile:

As for the issue, I just talked with T-Mobile and they said it is widespread and sporadic and still awaiting feedback from RIM. This was TIER 3 support at TMobile!

NJBlackBerry 09-03-2009 09:36 AM

Interesting as we've heard nothing from T-Mobile and I am on their automated outages mailing list!

JSanders 09-03-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy (Post 1464594)
Toto! It's tinman - you stand corrected :smile:

As for the issue, I just talked with T-Mobile and they said it is widespread and sporadic and still awaiting feedback from RIM. This was TIER 3 support at TMobile!

Got a ticket number?

Until then, it's just some man behind the curtain pulling strings.

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1464596)
Interesting as we've heard nothing from T-Mobile and I am on their automated outages mailing list!

That is odd!
By the way, do you have a link or someway to get on that list? For some reason I have had a lot of issues as of late and would like to keep informed myself NJ

NJBlackBerry 09-03-2009 09:40 AM

Our national account rep. set it up. We have over 500 T-Mobile lines.

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1464597)
Got a ticket number?

Until then, it's just some man behind the curtain pulling strings.

I've had a ticket for the last 2 days now with TIER 3. They are "working on it" and will get me a call back.

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1464602)
Our national account rep. set it up. We have over 500 T-Mobile lines.

I'll just ask the rep that calls me back to add me if they can!

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 10:08 AM

Now I have RIM on the phone...

Wow I feel special now!

JSanders 09-03-2009 10:17 AM

OK, well, your issue is not the same as this original poster here... two different matters.

I've seen you've had issues for a couple of days, pretty crazy they can't get it straight.

And BES is down also for you as well as BIS?

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1464635)
OK, well, your issue is not the same as this original poster here... two different matters.

I've seen you've had issues for a couple of days, pretty crazy they can't get it straight.

And BES is down also for you as well as BIS?

All I can do is make calls and txt. I just got off the phone with RIM and TMobile (this is funny), T-Mobile never provisioned BIS, only BES, for my account (how'd that happen). But even after they fixed that it still won't work. The Storm use to hold EDGE or GPRS forever. Now, it will start off as EDGE and then move to edge after 30 seconds and not receive a signal. T-Mobile cannot figure it out and I have never had this issue with them. I had a Storm previously on the network for about 8 months, never had an issue. Then I sold my old storm since my employer told me I needed to have a WinMo device, until they got BES; so then I bought another storm new, worked great for about 3 weeks and now this!

Odd. You have any thoughts on this one?

JSanders 09-03-2009 10:48 AM

Yea, for the Storm on Tmo, that's a whole different ball of wax. See my thread in the 9500 section about using a Storm on Tmobile.

For this outage, let's not get things mixed up... so your whole entire BES is down, for two days? How many users?

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1464661)
Yea, for the Storm on Tmo, that's a whole different ball of wax. See my thread in the 9500 section about using a Storm on Tmobile.

For this outage, let's not get things mixed up... so your whole entire BES is down, for two days? How many users?

Hold up...

BES is up and running,

But my data connection with T-Mobile is down,

So since I have no data, I cannot access my BES. So it is a T-Mobile issue, not BES issue.

JSanders 09-03-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy (Post 1464561)
I'm unsure of when the crash initially started but for the last 2.5 days I have been dead in the water with my Storm unlocked on TMobile here in Kansas!

No email, no data, no BES! T-Mobile was at a loss as to the issue until now possibly!!!

OK, good. I was reading that ^^ for exactly how it was written.

According to your decscription here:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy
The Storm use to hold EDGE or GPRS forever. Now, it will start off as EDGE and then move to edge after 30 seconds and not receive a signal. T-Mobile cannot figure it out and I have never had this issue

I am almost certain your issue going to be related to your own provisioning of the service books and browser per the Sticky Thread mentioned before.

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1464678)
OK, good. I was reading that ^^ for exactly how it was written.

According to your decscription here:

I am almost certain your issue going to be related to your own provisioning of the service books and browser per the Sticky Thread mentioned before.

The provisioning then, my service books were resent from T-Mobile and the service books for BES (from The Message Center) cannot be sent until I have data. How can I ensure that these folks are doing it right? I think that is the problem, TMo is not provisioning stuff out right for data, which in turn prevents TMC from provisioning their Sync service book back to my Storm.

It's a mess !!!!!

JSanders 09-03-2009 11:31 AM

Read the Sticky... have you loaded the generic Service Books for Tmobile, manually, as the Sticky instructs?

And , I think we're way off-topic for this thread.

DaBlackberryBoy 09-03-2009 11:43 AM

Thanks and I think we are on thread. RIM / T-Mobile might have or are pushing something out as well! I will check the Sticky and do that!