BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Truth About Phone Syndrome (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242217)

diffused 12-23-2010 11:28 AM

The Truth About Phone Syndrome

Here's a fun little entry my daughter did in her blog:
Our latest poll resulted in a most interesting conclusion. Many modern-day scholars and philosophers have wondered, “Exactly how attached are people to their phones?” I have great hopes of being helpful to the hopelessly intelligent theorists of the world with my practical application of this much debated subject. This survey answered the question, “Where is your phone right now?” From the myriad of answers we received (a total of 10 , actually) we are able to discern the depth of America’s obsession with phones. Our conclusions are as follows:
In my hand – 4
In my pocket – 0
In the same room – 2
In another room – 2
On the wall – 0
I don’t know – 1
Other – 1
We can deduce from these findings that the majority of the world’s population, while loving their phones, are not completely overcome with passionate ardor as we have so long supposed. Indeed, we see that 10 % of the population does not even know where their phone is! While 40 % seems to be unable to unhand their precious phones, 20 % are fine with it being several feet away from them, and another 20 % are fine with it being in another room even! While I can’t imagine what other place a phone could be, 10 % of the population’s phones are there. I think we can also conclude that wall phones are officially obsolete.

TBOLTRAM 12-23-2010 03:17 PM

Re: The Truth About Phone Syndrome

I think it is all in peoples heads.

diffused 12-23-2010 03:44 PM

Or in this case, mostly hand.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

TBOLTRAM 12-23-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffused (Post 1687593)
Or in this case, mostly hand.

(y)

Dubdub 12-23-2010 08:25 PM

A phone in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush, I always say.

tsac 12-23-2010 08:40 PM

My red rotary dial desk phone and yellow rotary dial wall phone are happy. The blackberry is in the charger wondering where its dial is and feels bad. The blue princess phone is laughing.
Your numbers are flawed.

dc/dc 12-24-2010 03:32 AM

What are these "phones"?

diffused 12-24-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1687691)
What are these "phones"?

This would refer to any vocal communication device that has both an earpiece and a mouthpiece and uses what is usually called a "phone number" to make contact with other communication devices of the same kind. The term "phone" can be applied to telephones, cell phones, wireless phones, etc., but not necessarily to microphones or earphones.
Hope this clears up any confusion. :-)
-The author of the article below

dc/dc 12-24-2010 11:51 PM

Thank you so much! :D

Thiego-uk 05-24-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffused (Post 1687745)
This would refer to any vocal communication device that has both an earpiece and a mouthpiece and uses what is usually called a "phone number" to make contact with other communication devices of the same kind. The term "phone" can be applied to telephones, cell phones, wireless phones, etc., but not necessarily to microphones or earphones.
Hope this clears up any confusion. :-)
-The author of the article below

xD

OUCH - (The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.)

b52junebug 06-09-2011 11:53 AM

ahahahahahahahhahaha

TBOLTRAM 06-09-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b52junebug (Post 1726352)
ahahahahahahahhahaha

I think junebug is broken.