BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Blackberry can not get 2G signal (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=229011)

petromax 06-17-2010 05:12 AM

Blackberry can not get 2G signal

Dear all,

Last Saturday on June 12, 2010, I got a problem with my Blackberry. It always get SOS signal, even when outside. I was using OS 5.0.0.592 at that time. I thought there was a problem with my sim card, but when i tried that simcard in another phone, it works perfectly.

When I tried to search the network manually, it can only find 3G signal from another operator. So I thought there was a problem with my operator and then I bought a new simcard from the other operator and it can receive 3G signal outside. But when I set the network to 2G, my phone does not get any signal (No Service). I tried upgrading/donwgrading my Blackberry to different OSes, but none of them work. Is there any problem with my BB's antenna ?

lukynk2bb 06-17-2010 07:10 AM

hi, I am using 5.0.0.681 - I had same problems as you, when I tried to set only 2G - no signal, but only on your version of software.
I´ve upgraded to 681 and set - 2G and 3G - everything works perfect - try it

petromax 06-17-2010 07:26 AM

You're right. Currently I use 2G & 3G. It also works if I choose only 3G. But I don't like this because 3G coverage area is not as good as 2G.. If I don't get any 3G signal then it means my phone can't work. Any other solution ?

lukynk2bb 06-17-2010 07:28 AM

for me it works for 2G only if I set 2G and 3G. otherwise try to upgrade to my version - it works perfectly

petromax 06-17-2010 07:47 AM

I see.. So let make my understanding clear.
So, for your case: you get only 2G signal in 5.0.0.592 and in 5.0.0.681 everything works perfectly ?
Actually last time I already tried 5.0.0.681, but it did not give me an improvement, but give me a quite frequent random reboot.. I tried the hybrid 5.0.0.681, but none of them helps me :cry:
Do you use 5.0.0.681 Optus Mobile ?

lukynk2bb 06-17-2010 08:55 AM

yes, 681 gives me improvement - everything is clear.
if in your case not - I think that this is hardware problem - anyone else has his own opinion?

hoaivan27299 07-01-2010 08:24 PM

Hi!
Go to eScreening Apps and changing Set Bandmode

hoaivan27299 07-02-2010 01:39 AM

Hi!
Go to eScreening Apps and changing Set Bandmode.
link here:
HUONGMOBILE - Mua ban trao doi dien thoai di dong SONY ERICSSION
by PC......
On home display of Bold pressing buttons ALT +EACE , you will have some informations. To get them and filling on the Weblink above PC you shoud have 'Key XXXXXXXX". And then very important :
On BB To keep display (ALT +EACE ) Shoud not change or escape, input Key XXXXXXXXXX by buttons will go to eScreening apps (On display nothing shoud' be appreared)
Going to Moblie network Engineering Screens->enter->Cell informations->enter->menu key->Set Bandmode -and Escape
to save.
Turn on Mobible network again _> Try to change 2G or3G
!!! Before making procedures above--Turn off Mobile network
Good luck!
My bold now running perfect with .681 (2G and 2G&3G)

sylph 07-02-2010 01:58 AM

hi
my black berry bold ran outta charging and turned off , i recharged it but it doesnt turn on , i tried with both my usb and charger but its not working .however a red light does come on once i plug it in :(

cmuncan 07-02-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylph (Post 1624629)
hi
my black berry bold ran outta charging and turned off , i recharged it but it doesnt turn on , i tried with both my usb and charger but its not working .however a red light does come on once i plug it in :(

nice hijacking ... (n)

hoaivan27299 07-02-2010 07:20 PM

Hi!
You have to load a new OS!

petromax 07-04-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoaivan27299 (Post 1624625)
Hi!
Go to eScreening Apps and changing Set Bandmode.
link here:

On home display of Bold pressing buttons ALT +EACE , you will have some informations. To get them and filling on the Weblink above PC you shoud have 'Key XXXXXXXX". And then very important :
On BB To keep display (ALT +EACE ) Shoud not change or escape, input Key XXXXXXXXXX by buttons will go to eScreening apps (On display nothing shoud' be appreared)
Going to Moblie network Engineering Screens->enter->Cell informations->enter->menu key->Set Bandmode -and Escape
to save.
Turn on Mobible network again _> Try to change 2G or3G
!!! Before making procedures above--Turn off Mobile network
Good luck!
My bold now running perfect with .681 (2G and 2G&3G)

I still don't understand. I already get into the ALT+EACE screen, but when i press the buttons there, nothing happened.. Anyway I already bring my Blackberry to a service center, and they said that there was a problem with my IC..
Anyway thank you very much ;-)

EDITED: Now I am able to get into the engineering screen.. But however since everything is fine now, maybe I will use this in the future in case the same things occured. Thanks :)