BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Changing Keyboard light (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=71730)

thps1086 04-03-2007 02:44 PM

Changing Keyboard light

Since there is a program that let you change the color on ur track ball but i wonder if theres a program or way to change the light on ur keyboard....somehow how my red trackball combined with the white light keyboard makes my trackball pink...

b_d0za 04-03-2007 03:02 PM

Here's a thread where someone took theirs apart and colored the lights with a sharpy.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...keyboard+color

I haven't heard of a program that will do it though.

Be careful if you try this.

Hope it helps.

Markymark 04-03-2007 04:47 PM

Can you turn off the keyboard light or make it dimmer so that it wont affect the tackball color?

BoxWave 04-03-2007 04:51 PM

Nail polish works too. Only cover the light! My friend did it to her old phone but when she took it apart, the lights got stuck to some board and broke.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories

canonbomb1987 04-03-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markymark
Can you turn off the keyboard light or make it dimmer so that it wont affect the tackball color?

I took my phone apart and put some blue tape over the keypad lights. The trackball is also blue so it looks pretty damn cool. And blue is soothing to the eyes.

Markymark 04-03-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonbomb1987
I took my phone apart and put some blue tape over the keypad lights. The trackball is also blue so it looks pretty damn cool. And blue is soothing to the eyes.

You have a picture of the final product? Did you just use the blue painters tape?

canonbomb1987 04-03-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

You have a picture of the final product? Did you just use the blue painters tape?

I will upload some pics later on today, and i used scotch tape that was colored with a blue dry erase marker. I cut the tape into strips to cover the 4 rows of LED's.

djxedxd 04-04-2007 04:42 AM

No app will beable to change the color cause the LED's are only white but with hope maybe they'll be able to tweek the ball mod and get the buttons to stay dim so it wont affect the color.

Crazie 04-04-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

I will upload some pics later on today, and i used scotch tape that was colored with a blue dry erase marker. I cut the tape into strips to cover the 4 rows of LED's.

its already been 1 dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn
lol jk if you really did this and came out good..i would like to see cuz i want GREEN :-D

Markymark 04-04-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazie
its already been 1 dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn
lol jk if you really did this and came out good..i would like to see cuz i want GREEN :-D

Haha. Ive been checking in periodically to see if he posted the pics yet. If its even worthy of gutting the pearl.

SanFrancisco 04-04-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Haha. Ive been checking in periodically to see if he posted the pics yet. If its even worthy of gutting the pearl.

IMHO taking apart the Pearl to do the keyboard mod is far too complex compared to the trackball.

Main concern is that one can break the tabs that hold the pieces together. I don't think most non-mechanical BBF members can tackle the job without breaking something.

But I guess members will decide if they are up to the task.

laurentio 04-04-2007 05:41 PM

funny.
my keyboard doesn't light up at all.
:oops:

Impaler80s 04-04-2007 07:01 PM

haha...you guys are nuts.

canonbomb1987 04-04-2007 08:11 PM

Really sorry for the wait guys, but i went home for Easter Break from college and forgot my digital camera up there. I wont be able to put the pics up till Tuesday April 10th. Unless someone lives in the Pittsburgh area and can lend me a camera for a few mins. Really sorry for the wait guys :oops: Ya make a me feel bad:oops:

canonbomb1987 04-07-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurentio
The silence is the answer. No need to break it apart now to prove me wrong. Leave it dude, you're classified.
I am soon going to post the ****** list on this forum...you're one of them.

Dude I already told you I am home for Easter break and left my digi cam up at school. I am taking a pic with my moms cell right now so if it looks like s**t dont ***** bout it. You make your list i dont give a s**t. As for the rest of the people on this forum, just take a look at my profile and then go to gannon.edu to see what time easter break started.

Gunna 04-07-2007 09:55 PM

I thought I saw your pics before? it had real thin strips over the leds, I thought it was colored w/ a sharpie tho, anyways I think Im gonna go try it.........

NJBlackBerry 04-07-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

The silence is the answer. No need to break it apart now to prove me wrong. Leave it dude, you're classified.
I am soon going to post the bullshiters list on this forum...you're one of them.

Chill out and keep it clean.
Thank you.

Schneider 04-07-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Dude I already told you I am home for Easter break and left my digi cam up at school. I am taking a pic with my moms cell right now so if it looks like shit dont ***** bout it. You make your list i dont give a shit. As for the rest of the people on this forum, just take a look at my profile and then go to gannon.edu to see what time easter break started.

Dude, She's not a dude

b_d0za 04-07-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

keep taking pics dude...keep taking pics...lol
....edit....edit....

I think everyone should just not even help this person. I definitely wouldn't show any pics of my colorful keypad.

laurentio 04-08-2007 03:47 AM

The truth hurts...loll.

Haven't asked for an arm and a leg. Was just asking for some pics that (it is so obvious now) doesn't exists. Come on; stop tolerating the liars between us. Stop perverting & misleading this beautiful forum and the decent users. Dear moderator, you better remove the bullshitterxxx8217;s posts instead of mine. Or...is he a relative of yours?
:idea: