BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Bad News - Delayed (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=135037)

jve31 06-13-2008 02:49 PM

Bad News - Delayed

I talked to my account rep at AT&T this morning and yes, he is in the know. I am a corporate account, so i am not just a guy that is talking smack reading things on the forums.

The Bold has been pushed back at least 2 months due to poor battery life. AT&T was handed the devices ready for their testing and then distribution before the Iphone release but around the same time frame, but the battery life was not performing so it got rejected. He said it will probably pass the next test but 2 months is probably best case scenario.

I was as angry as some of you will be when reading this.

RadHaz75 06-13-2008 02:57 PM

that's not what i've heard at all. our rim rep has been using one for months and hasn't had a problem and he uses his a lot for both phone and data

jve31 06-13-2008 02:59 PM

Brother i hope you are right and my rep is wrong, but the guy making the device is not always going to be shooting as straight as the guy selling the device. AT&T rejected it, i heard it from 2 sources at AT&T and since they will be first to sell it, that is how it goes.

But again, i want this thing like yesterday, so i am with you.

customshopkv1 06-13-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jve31 (Post 970202)
Brother i hope you are right and my rep is wrong, but the guy making the device is not always going to be shooting as straight as the guy selling the device.

That's BOLD

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 03:16 PM

I am hearing that Rogers will release first anyway. The 9000 on AT&T *should* launch the 25th as well. Also, the units that I have seen, the battery life is fixed with the latest OS.

ezrunner 06-13-2008 03:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

My vacation has been delayed

jibi 06-13-2008 04:05 PM

The battery life has been fixed for quite some time, from what I've heard. With that said, most of the account reps aren't told or aren't allowed to tell you anything. We are typically contacted by AT&T Mobility's highest persons in both the technical and national sales spaces and/or the carrier liaison at RIM for information. This is pretty standard across the board, which is only the first line of confusion for those of us who keep up with the rumor mill.

If AT&T delays the Bold's release for two months, then it will likely be for one reason alone... and it has nothing to do with improving battery life that cannot be improved any more.

stranger 06-13-2008 04:12 PM

a phone without a firm and reliable release date has been delayed.

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 04:38 PM

Makes sense. They want to maximize iphone sales.

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 04:39 PM

and further lose ground to Vzw on BlackBerry sales? That is a very bad idea for them. But hey, World's number 1 pda or catering to Jobs, either way, I am getting a Bold on the 25th

Dawg 06-13-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 970351)
Makes sense. They want to maximize iphone sales.

Spoken like a true fanboy

rambo47 06-13-2008 04:58 PM

I think the Bold was delayed and now we're past that. It was originally supposed to be out in the spring but the whole 3G/battery life thing was a sticking point. That delay is old news. I hope.

dan1431 06-13-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 970287)
The battery life has been fixed for quite some time, from what I've heard. With that said, most of the account reps aren't told or aren't allowed to tell you anything. We are typically contacted by AT&T Mobility's highest persons in both the technical and national sales spaces and/or the carrier liaison at RIM for information. This is pretty standard across the board, which is only the first line of confusion for those of us who keep up with the rumor mill.

If AT&T delays the Bold's release for two months, then it will likely be for one reason alone... and it has nothing to do with improving battery life that cannot be improved any more.

Likewise, my employer has a direct line to the office of the SVP Sales Operations and the President of Business Marketing as well as higher ups in technical support. We have not heard anything about a delay and just yesterday our RIM rep brought in the device for us to play with.

A delay is surely possible but we have not heard anything about it yet.

Dan

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 970366)
Spoken like a true fanboy

No, not a fan boy, just voicing an opinion, based on the past. No matter how much you don't want it to be so, the iphone will be the bigger seller this summer, not the Bold.

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 06:58 PM

i still bet that the BlackBerry outsells the iPhone.

Iphone - 1 device
Over a dozen different BBs if you include all carrier models, with multiple form factors. the iPhone LOST market share in the US in the last quarter, RIM on the other hand, went up.

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 970515)
i still bet that the BlackBerry outsells the iPhone.

Iphone - 1 device
Over a dozen different BBs if you include all carrier models, with multiple form factors. the iPhone LOST market share in the US in the last quarter, RIM on the other hand, went up.

I didn't mean all BB devices, just the 9000 vs iphone 2.0. I agree with you that RIM will maintain its #1 spot.

Sith_Apprentice 06-13-2008 07:10 PM

I am more interested to see the direct competition between the Storm/Thunder/Aurora and the iPhone. Even though the carriers are different it will be interesting.

LunkHead 06-13-2008 07:14 PM

Everything must turn into an argument with him...... :rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 970530)
I am more interested to see the direct competition between the Storm/Thunder/Aurora and the iPhone. Even though the carriers are different it will be interesting.

Yup, curious to see what RIM does with a touch UI.

ArgonNJ 06-13-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunkHead (Post 970537)
Everything must turn into an argument with him...... :rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not an argument, just a good old discussion of opinions.