BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Email trouble: Pulling the hair out of my head! Can't find how to change settings! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=220815)

Matt_Stevens 02-27-2010 09:50 PM

Email trouble: Pulling the hair out of my head! Can't find how to change settings!

OK, I have my own domain name and my own email account using that domain. I had my email all set up with my Blackberry Storm2, but then it was stolen. DOH!!

I have my new Storm2 and was able to restore it this morning. Yeah!!!

Problem is, my email password is now different (had to change it while on vacation overseas) and I cannot find ANYWHERE how to change the password on the Blackberry. I have spent the last two hours looking all over every damned place on this Storm2 and am ready to smash it with a hammer.

Again, this is not Blackberry email. It's my own email address using my own domain. Not Gmail. Not Yahoo. No idea if this makes a difference, but I cannot find the place to make changes to email settings like passwords, usernames, etc.

HELP!

jsconyers 02-27-2010 09:51 PM

Then change the password to the appropriate account.

Matt_Stevens 02-27-2010 09:53 PM

This doesn't apply to me. I am not using Blackberry email. It's my own domain, 1783pictures.com.

Or am I wrong here? I thought this is not applicable because I never set up a Blackberry email account and have no need to.

jsconyers 02-27-2010 09:54 PM

Yes it does apply to you. That's not just for the @carrier.blackberry.net address. It is for all addresses being pushed to your device.

I wouldn't have posted it if it didn't apply to you.

Matt_Stevens 02-27-2010 09:56 PM

OK, first of all, no need to get touchy. Second, I was not aware of this. I am trying it now, thank you.

jsconyers 02-27-2010 09:58 PM

Well, you come here looking for help, I offer you help and then you tell me the help I offered doesn't apply to you. Kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered to volunteer my time to help you to begin with.

You're right, I am not in the best of moods right now, so I thought coming here to help others would change that. Guess not. Anyway, I'll stop posting now.

Hope you get your issue resolved and have a great night.

Matt_Stevens 02-27-2010 10:00 PM

As I said, I was not aware that it pertained to me. It looked like a Blackberry email issue. So if you are in a bad mood, no need to take it out on me. I told you thank you for posting and that I was going to try it out. In no way am I looking to get in a stupid Net fight. That is for children.

UPDATE: Trying to create an account with no luck. It doesn't seem to work for me. I get this error...

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."

MidnightDraven 02-28-2010 06:37 AM

If you already have email pushed to your device, you have an account.
Therefore creating an account won't work.

Do it through the email setup icon on the phone.
Though it may still ask for username and password, which you may not know.

jsconyers 02-28-2010 08:00 AM

MidnightDraven is correct. You already have an account, you need to know the account information. Go to you Email Settings icon on your device. If it doesn't work there, then you'd need to call Verizon.

Matt_Stevens 02-28-2010 10:03 AM

So it's working. I've no idea how I fixed it. Wish I knew the magic sequence of events, but it just started to work while I tinkered with it. Oh well. Can't complain about a Blackberry that works, so I will just smile and be happy.

jsconyers 02-28-2010 10:06 AM

For anyone having this issue.

If you change your password to your email account, you MUST log into your BIS account and change the password there as well. Otherwise, BIS cannot access the account to push the mail to your device.

jbairdjr 02-28-2010 01:26 PM

Some BIS accounts are set up for access through the email client on the Blackberry only.
I cannot log into the BIS web site, I also get the message to use the handheld.
I dont know if Verizon can change this, but it really hasn't been needed for our devices.
If we had a password problem, we just call our VZW rep.