BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   China Mobile to offer BB SIMS (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=42439)

jaspertchang 07-30-2006 12:38 PM

China Mobile to offer BB SIMS

I was looking around the other day on the China Mobile web site (in Chinese) and found that they have a blackberry service here in Shanghai and is still in its test phase. However, if you are a business here in Shanghai you are able to sign up to exchange any China Mobile SIM card for a BB enabled China Mobile SIM card.

When I called and asked about it in regards to corporate services they said that they don't have any services except to provide a new SIM card. They said the service was for people that already have blackberry service outside of China so that they wouldn't have to pay roaming rates for their calls.

I'm understanding the situation as follows: "if i have a t-mobile/cingular unlimited plan in the USA i can access those BB email accounts accounts via a unlocked BB with a BB configured China Mobile SIM card, and at the same time enjoy not being on roaming for regular phone calls and data service?????" Even more confusing is that they still charge a local fee of about 500MB at 60 USD for data sevice.

Can someone help me clairify this situation cause i miss using my BB

royfox 08-07-2006 01:52 PM

I too wish to look at this route. I travel three / fours times a year to china and HK and would find this services so useful.

Does anyone have any indication if the above comment is true..
Also..Jaspertchang.
Do you have a link to the china telecom website please? I will ask my office in HK to investigate

Roy

pemabuk 08-12-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfox
I too wish to look at this route. I travel three / fours times a year to china and HK and would find this services so useful.

Does anyone have any indication if the above comment is true..
Also..Jaspertchang.
Do you have a link to the china telecom website please? I will ask my office in HK to investigate

Roy

China Mobile is just "www.chinamobile.com"

adamlau 08-12-2006 04:24 PM

You may need to provision your device for international roaming. Contact Cingular International Care @ 1-800-335-4685 for more information.

keekee 05-14-2007 09:55 PM

Yes, it is available in China now. With the China mobile sim card, you can enjoy the best rate other than roaming. One of my friend is using it right now in China with the BES installed in Shanghai.

stonent 05-18-2007 05:58 PM

I'm curious as to what would happen in the following situation. Perhaps someone with an unlocked phone could try...

Take an unlocked BB with one BB sim (lets say T-Mobile) and then put in a Cingular BB sim...

Does the mail still flow? Does BIS still forward mail since the PIN and IMEI are registered with the original carrier?

Assaf 05-19-2007 10:22 AM

Hi,

Where did you get that sim? (Tel no.?) and how much per month?

Thanks