BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Blackberry 9000 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=111737)

Cooper 12-31-2007 01:13 AM

Blackberry 9000

Enjoy

http://i8.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/ce/00/1ddd_1.JPG

NEPatriot4life 12-31-2007 01:38 AM

I thought it suppose to be touch on the screen keyboard just like IPHONE Are you sure it is blackberry 9000 series ? I have see other pix 9000 with screen touch keyboard and it look much nicera

I hope this is wrong series number lol but it look cooler anyway

Cooper 12-31-2007 01:47 AM

Well I hate to break it to anyone who is hoping for it....

There is and will be no touch screen for a long time. From the multiple people in multiple departments I know that work there who usually give me little to no information unless I use information I've already obtained, the touch screen is even an internal rumour.

At the place I work (literally no more than a few hundred meters from RIM in Waterloo) I had a guy come in and he was using this device. it is slimmer and the curved corners are the biggest new change. His security badge was completely red around his picture (they're typically RIM blue with the persons picture in the middle... I'm assuming this means high security and possibly has access to certain areas like R&D which would make sense as to why he has this device.... he still technically should not be using it in public as he pretty much would have lost his job if the right people saw him using it )

CarBob 12-31-2007 03:48 AM

Confirmed as the 9000 Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 790373)
Well I hate to break it to anyone who is hoping for it....

There is and will be no touch screen for a long time. From the multiple people in multiple departments I know that work there who usually give me little to no information unless I use information I've already obtained, the touch screen is even an internal rumour.

At the place I work (literally no more than a few hundred meters from RIM in Waterloo) I had a guy come in and he was using this device. it is slimmer and the curved corners are the biggest new change. His security badge was completely red around his picture (they're typically RIM blue with the persons picture in the middle... I'm assuming this means high security and possibly has access to certain areas like R&D which would make sense as to why he has this device.... he still technically should not be using it in public as he pretty much would have lost his job if the right people saw him using it )

This has been confirmed ad the 9xxx series. Currently most overheating issues have been fixed, but the device still runs warm.

3G is being tested on a few devices, and depending on how it's used it will have the posibility of huge speed increases.

As well, RIM is currently working on the ability for users to send HTML e-mail, I'm not sure if this will coencide with the 9xxx release, which is probably within the next 6-8 months if bugs can be fixed fast enough.

Hey Cooper,

WOW. Your info is fantastic! Especially the part on "No touch screen for a long time." How did you manage to get this photo (that is in your first post)?
Good work. Very good work. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

CarBob

CarBob 12-31-2007 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 790364)

P.S. to Cooper,

WELCOME to the forum.

- CB

zkyevolved 12-31-2007 05:16 AM

Whoa looks cool! Let's see how it runs :)

bperkins 12-31-2007 07:12 AM

I like it...that is if it is similar in size to the Curve. Wonder why they made the phone, menu, and escape keys that large...looks weird. And it has the 3.5mm headphone jack so it must be the next Curve that BG/Jibi said was coming first before the next devices in the 9000 series.

ezrunner 12-31-2007 08:18 AM

Actually saw this very same image used by someone selling a BB on ebay

http://www.blackberryforums.com/off-...knock-off.html

simulator 12-31-2007 09:22 AM

Is that a touchpad rather than a trackball? That would be a massive improvement.

And that's the same photo as in the ebay listing, so something is up... either Cooper's friend is selling the device, or this or the ebay listing is a fraud.

rumpole 12-31-2007 10:00 AM

I'm guessing the latter. If there's no touchscreen or trackball how do you navigate?
This just seems too convenient. I'm a skeptic.

ed_nyc 12-31-2007 10:03 AM

This is the picture from E-Bay

Look where the img is coming from:
http://i8.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/ce/00/1ddd_1.JPG

akarpo 12-31-2007 10:19 AM

Bid on it a couple times. About to push it to $125.

Cooper 12-31-2007 10:28 AM

Yes people this is a device being sold on ebay.

This is truly what the 9000 series look like (I have seen one for about 20 seconds and I do recall it being almost identical to this picture)

The device is real, and the fact that it's located in Texas (Where RIM has an office) only makes it seem more plausable that someone stole a device and is trying to sell it.

The device is dead and marked as an 'unknown' model.

Here you go guys!

BLACKBERRY PDA Camera GSM Cell Phone PARTS LCD - eBay (item 310010262268 end time Dec-31-07 13:57:28 PST)

BTW, I am not the seller.

cheshillsgolf 12-31-2007 10:39 AM

Take a look at "BlackBerry" on the top of the device. It appears that the "B" in Berry is backwards. I smell photoshop...

b00st3d 12-31-2007 10:40 AM

i call BS!

jsconyers 12-31-2007 10:42 AM

It seems a little shady to me as well. I would hate so see someone get scammed for $125 + at this point.

Cooper 12-31-2007 10:53 AM

I hadent noticed that, but from the people who have actually been working with the new device telling me this is it. Backwards B seems strange.

If it's a fake, it pretty much represents the actual 9000 series. The heavily curved corners are the biggest noticeable difference.

The Silver plastic is aparently really cheap looking and feeling, so hopefully that changes.

And I havent been given specifics, but the new screen resolution is astounding, super crystal clear I've been told.

Sphincters 12-31-2007 11:14 AM

I'm saying it's a sloppy PhotoChop job, but then again, that's just me.

mark0341 12-31-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 790559)
Yes people this is a device being sold on ebay.

This is truly what the 9000 series look like (I have seen one for about 20 seconds and I do recall it being almost identical to this picture)

The device is real, and the fact that it's located in Texas (Where RIM has an office) only makes it seem more plausable that someone stole a device and is trying to sell it.

The device is dead and marked as an 'unknown' model.

Here you go guys!

BLACKBERRY PDA Camera GSM Cell Phone PARTS LCD - eBay (item 310010262268 end time Dec-31-07 13:57:28 PST)

BTW, I am not the seller.

You only have 5 post. Come On. Something smells funny.(n)

jheiney 12-31-2007 11:34 AM

Wow, the current bid is $255. Someone is going to be getting really lucky or really screwed.