BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Rogers Bold release, who else is invited? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=136522)

SoUnCool 06-23-2008 01:11 PM

Rogers Bold release, who else is invited?

1 Attachment(s)
Who else is going to attend this Bold launch?

penpower 06-23-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoUnCool (Post 983321)
Who else is going to attend this Bold launch?

Judging by the date of the event, it is later than the rumor launch date (june 25th)

Was there a case in the past that the launch event date is later than its actual release date? If not, I guess Roger will release Bold sometime in July then. Any guess?

SoUnCool 06-23-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpower (Post 983330)
Judging by the date of the event, it is later than the rumor launch date (june 25th)

Was there a case in the past that the launch event date is later than its actual release date? If not, I guess Roger will release Bold sometime in July then. Any guess?

Yes in July, thats wht they told us

penpower 06-23-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoUnCool (Post 983333)
Yes in July, thats wht they told us

Thanks for the info ;-). I guess that is a good move for Roger to launch Bold before iphone2 by stealing the thunder from potential buyers of these two phones.

SoUnCool 06-23-2008 01:25 PM

4th quarter RIM will release iphone killer and rogers will not release it until fall 2009.

Sith_Apprentice 06-23-2008 01:28 PM

the iPhone wont be killed by anything RIM does, and the reverse is also true.

Cory Scheuer 06-23-2008 03:09 PM

btw, this doesnt mean that the bold will be launched after july, doesnt mean i was wrong about the 25th either, as the rogers 8700 was released about 2-3 weeks before the launch party... so they could just be doing the same with this

Sith_Apprentice 06-23-2008 03:10 PM

Yep, this just indicates that the device is coming "soon". Soon is a very relative term.

Cory Scheuer 06-23-2008 03:19 PM

with RIM, yes it is lol

Sith_Apprentice 06-23-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer (Post 983536)
with RIM, yes it is lol

Hey thats not entirely fair, look at Rogers lol

SoUnCool 06-23-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 983539)
Hey thats not entirely fair, look at Rogers lol

I personally dont believe any of release dates either by RIM or by Rogers
Seeing is believing, when I have device in my hand I will say yes it is released 8-)

Sith_Apprentice 06-23-2008 03:26 PM

Well I cannot even go that far. I have had a device in my hand, more than 2 months ago, and its still not released.

AT&T is just as bad with releasing products by the way. Funny noone has heard anything from DoCoMo

Cory Scheuer 06-23-2008 03:27 PM

LOL! ^ both are true (sith and SoUnCool), only time will tell, the 25th is in 2 days :) we will find out real soon! but as i was saying, i have had around 8-10 confirmations (all from different sources) that it will be released on the 25th, silent or not

Sith_Apprentice 06-23-2008 03:29 PM

I have also seen the date of the 25th multiple times. I do not believe that AT&T will release it, and i do not think Vodafone will release it on that date. With Rogers "possibly" delaying until July, we must look to the fourth carrier that will release at first.

mobile_pheen 06-24-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 983357)

i second that!..

but some just dont seem to get it

Hairbear1954 06-24-2008 09:02 AM

Totally

Quote:

I could not more totally agree with you on this subject. Though we BB fans love our BBs, it is ridiculous to think some device like the Bold or even the Thunder will crush the iPhone. And the reverse is true as well. Those who are entrenched in RIM products will stick with RIM. I would love to have a touchscreen BB, but am not sure I am willing to give up the functionality I have in my Curve, thus the situation for many.

It is nice to see what competition does for us the consumer...more, improved, and varied cell phones!! Go for it!

JG in SB 06-24-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

I second this! What a silly thing to have to constatly endure arguments about in these forums. Who cares if one device "kills the other"? Isn't there enough room in our consumer-electronic-device-hungry society for RIM and Apple products? Doesn't competition in the marketplace ultimately benefit all of us users?

I guess if you are the kind of guy who gets into pithy arguments at the bar with other guys about "who's smartphone is better", then this is really important to you. I would rather talk to the attractive woman that you guys are ignoring while you bicker about your phones ;)

PPCMD 06-25-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG in SB (Post 985412)
I second this! What a silly thing to have to constatly endure arguments about in these forums. Who cares if one device "kills the other"? Isn't there enough room in our consumer-electronic-device-hungry society for RIM and Apple products? Doesn't competition in the marketplace ultimately benefit all of us users?

I guess if you are the kind of guy who gets into pithy arguments at the bar with other guys about "who's smartphone is better", then this is really important to you. I would rather talk to the attractive woman that you guys are ignoring while you bicker about your phones ;)

Now that is something I can support. So where did she go?

!3unn!3 06-25-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCMD (Post 986939)
Now that is something I can support. So where did she go?

Just makes forums for both Phones... =p. To each is own my kind sirs.
But i Believe she walked off with me! =p.

Jagga 06-25-2008 06:02 PM

I still don't expect it to become available in July maybe first week in August. Just a gut feeling; but I'll be pleasantly surprised. This summer is going to be a BUSY season for those in BB Tech at Rogers.