BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   **Thunder/Storm caught on video!!** (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=149370)

cocruxified 09-10-2008 01:09 AM

**Thunder/Storm caught on video!!**

Check it out all. Skip to 2:55 to see.

http://www.youtube.com/v/e-sDkIP9AUg&hl=en&fs=1

Sorry I can't figure out how to embed it, if you can even do that on these forums.

John Clark 09-10-2008 01:20 AM

Interesting...Good find!

cocruxified 09-10-2008 01:22 AM

Hey JC. Is there a way to embed Youtube vids on a thread?

On topic. Something about that model screams "NOT the Final Version" It was still so buggy. Still looking good though.

John Clark 09-10-2008 01:23 AM

I don't think so. If there is, I don't know how to do it.

BigA 09-10-2008 04:52 AM

It seems he is complaining about the fact that you have to press down on the screen to get the key to press. Thinking that it's not a touch screen like the Iphone. However if you notice once you put your finger on the screen the device does recognize you have touched it. So to me this is a step up from mistyping the wrong key. Maybe there could be an option to switch between screen press vs screen touch.

So far I am interested in seeing more features of this device. However we are talking about Cripplerizon (Verizon) here. So right off the start I am going to assume crippled GPS and no WiFi. At least this will be EVDO Rev A and HSDPA, so no wifi is not too big of a concern for me. However I would like to be able to use internal GPS for other apps besides VZnav...

serrano_yejo 09-10-2008 05:17 AM

Too bias... to anti BB ... Too AT&T ... this device is going 2 be great... I think the deathstar is nervous....

As you can see below BG works for ATT

Quote:

Exclusive Boy Genius interview! White Pearl, 8800, and 9XXX information | BlackBerry Cool

See, you could be lying to me, you know, but that would make some sense. You’re telling me “companies better watch out” meaning that there are loads of informants out there?

A ton. Nothing is safe. And to clear something up, people said I work for RIM, I do this, I work for Cingular (NOW ATT) - I have never worked for any company in the tech world, ever. I am under no NDA so anything and everything is open season. People said RIM gave me the Pearl, etc.

RIM is probably the tightest company I have seen - the fact they didnt sue over the Pearl showed the transition they are making. 5 people get fired over leaking one photo, so that was huge. Good job RIM. They understood “viral marketing” and how it played a big role.

Wait, I said multiple Boy Genius‘ ? There’s like a 100, man…Or maybe only one. Who knows? Also, I want to shoutout the Engadget team. They are part of the reason I have been so vocal, they gave me an avenue to speak.

test54 09-10-2008 08:57 AM

I agree with BG, looks disappointing at this point. (You are an idiot if you think BG works for AT&T.) The keyboard and the push to type are not good in my opinion, yes my opinion. I will definitely be interested to test it out when i can get my hands on it, to me it is much more appealing than the Bold - even on Verizon.

rambo47 09-10-2008 09:41 AM

They're big on the "hepatic touch" keyboard concept, but there should be an option to turn it off and go with a regular virtual keyboard that doesn't require a hard push. Scrolling should also be more iPhone-esque, incorporating gestures for ease of use. I do love the landscape keyboard, the lack of which is one of the major failings of the iPhone, IMHO.

lucky13mt 09-10-2008 10:05 AM

The video has been pulled...

cdw5510 09-10-2008 05:47 PM

Is this the real deal or what? This tells me it is getting close?

C

BigA 09-10-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdw5510 (Post 1095465)

C

No it's an LG knock off. :?

cocruxified 09-10-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdw5510 (Post 1095465)

C

Its obviously an early build. I'm sure it'll be tons better.

360Modworkz 09-13-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocruxified (Post 1094481)
Hey JC. Is there a way to embed Youtube vids on a thread?

On topic. Something about that model screams "NOT the Final Version" It was still so buggy. Still looking good though.

No way to embed youtube on these forums, although if an admin wants to make that an option, there is a nice BBcode that allows embedding of youtube videos...admins can find it below. All you do is open up system tab on the ACP, then create custom BBcode and copy and paste, it will then show up as an html option for embedding. Not sure which version forum this is, it looks like phpbb3.0.0, might be 3.0.1 (which I have and it works fine) but the code should work for all versions. This link will provide you with lots of other BBcodes as well, good luck admins.

phpBB • View topic - Custom BBCodes

John Clark 09-13-2008 02:44 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Its vBulletin. 3.6.8 I think. Its at the bottom of the forum pages.

360Modworkz 09-13-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1099010)
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Its vBulletin. 3.6.8 I think. Its at the bottom of the forum pages.

Ah, well there might be some codes for vBulletin anyway. It really looked to me like this was phpbb, been to lots of sites that have a close setup to this and they run phpbb3 versions, oh well.

Back to topic...the thunder is only being released for Verizon correct? Any chance of it going to other carriers?

iteatsbrains 09-13-2008 03:20 PM

hmm the phone looks kind of wide. does anyone know the size of it???

cocruxified 09-14-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360Modworkz (Post 1099013)
Ah, well there might be some codes for vBulletin anyway. It really looked to me like this was phpbb, been to lots of sites that have a close setup to this and they run phpbb3 versions, oh well.

Back to topic...the thunder is only being released for Verizon correct? Any chance of it going to other carriers?

Nobody knows anything in concrete yet. For all we know it won't be exclusive. Nothing has been said. Just rumors.

test54 09-14-2008 11:30 AM

Pretty sure its a Verizon & Vodafone exclusive.

Jason Mark 09-14-2008 11:52 AM

Verizon, Vodafone, Rogers, Telus. But unlocked can work on AT&T, & T-Mobile. :) This device is a hybrid device and will be able to be used on all networks. ;)

360Modworkz 09-14-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonHDD (Post 1099797)
Verizon, Vodafone, Rogers, Telus. But unlocked can work on AT&T, & T-Mobile. :) This device is a hybrid device and will be able to be used on all networks. ;)

Nice.