BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Problems with 16GB Memory Card (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=158895)

UptownGirl 11-10-2008 09:45 PM

Problems with 16GB Memory Card

Please help! I just got the 16GB SanDisk Memory Card for the Bold, but for some reason, my computer is not recognizing the card (when I was trying to download files to it). Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how should I fix the problem? It's a SanDisk 16GB HC MicroSD card. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips!:smile:

Sith_Apprentice 11-10-2008 09:46 PM

Is the card in the Bold and the Bold recognizes the card? Many PCs (especially more than a year or two old) do not recognize microSDHC cards, but only microSD cards. Use the Bold as your card reader.

ifonline 11-10-2008 10:04 PM

Curious... where did you get the card?

UptownGirl 11-10-2008 10:04 PM

Problems with SD Memory Card

My laptop's pretty new (just over a year old) so I wouldn't think that's a problem. Do you think I need a special adaptor for the card since it's a Micro SDHC, not regular Micro SD card? The adaptor I currently have is for Micro SD cards - I had thought it would also read Micro SDHC but maybe not. Any thoughts?

UptownGirl 11-10-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifonline (Post 1165185)
Curious... where did you get the card?

From Amazon - they are selling them.

Sith_Apprentice 11-10-2008 10:05 PM

use the Bold as your adapter. It is a built in reader, and USB 2.0 at the same time so fast file transfer.

ifonline 11-10-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UptownGirl (Post 1165187)
From Amazon - they are selling them.

The reason I ask is because SanDisk is often copied and scammed, but Amazon would sell the real thing (unless you bought it from a 3rd party through Amazon, then who knows).

Magnum 11-10-2008 10:11 PM

Did you try a different card in your adapter to verify the adapter isn't dead? I ask because I have had adapters go bad.

Did you put the sd card in the BB and use the USB cable to verify the card is good?

UptownGirl 11-10-2008 10:22 PM

The adapter itself works fine. But that's with Micro SD cards, not the Micro SDHC card, which it doesn't seem to recognize.

I will pop it in the Bold and see if I can download that way. Thanks for the (as usual) spot on advice!

dbltap 11-11-2008 09:59 AM

Yes... You need a reader that is compliant with the Micro SDHC specifications.

rontiu 11-12-2008 02:58 PM

Had the same issue with 4gb too..I had an old reader which didn't work, so I got a new reader, and voila, the 4gb could be read finally.

I would pretty much think if you jump let's say from 1gb or any of the "slower cards" to suddenly 16gb, this would hopefully address the issue.

Congrats ont he big card! :-).

TallPaul86 11-12-2008 06:19 PM

I've got an official 16gb SanDisk item from the interweb and, using the BlackBerry Bold as the card reader, not a single jot of a problem...

dbltap 11-13-2008 08:56 AM

When I ordered my 16 gig card from Amazon, I noticed a number of things listed at the bottom of the page under "People who bought this item also bought the following:" Under there I saw several of the microSDHC readers. They were priced from $5-$10. There is a really small one that is black with a red end where you put the card. It has a SanDisk logo on the other side. It came with my 8 gig. This one works great and is small and simple for travel. It has a label on it that says microSD HC.