BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Deleting Multiple Messages? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=160784)

DawnGP143 11-21-2008 09:21 PM

Deleting Multiple Messages?

Has anyone figured out a way to delete multiple messages at once? With my Pearl 8310, you could <shift> roll to "select" multiple messages and then delete. I haven't yet figured out how to delete a bunch at once. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

WingmanErik 11-21-2008 09:47 PM

Use one finger to press(and hold) the first message you want to erase, and use another finger to highlight the last message you want to erase. That will select those two messegas, and any in between. Then just hit delete, and confirm.

DawnGP143 11-21-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingmanErik (Post 1177932)
Use one finger to press(and hold) the first message you want to erase, and use another finger to highlight the last message you want to erase. That will select those two messegas, and any in between. Then just hit delete, and confirm.

Awesome...thank you!!!

StuartV 11-24-2008 12:39 AM

What if you want to delete more messages than will fit on the screen at one time?

Because of the bug in BES with messages that are sent while tethering (if using Outlook in Cached Mode), I often am deleting 20 or more messages at one time. I normally use the method Dawn described to select all of them at once and then hit Delete.

So, can you multi-select messages on the Storm, including messages that you have to scroll down to get to?

For that matter, if you want to copy-and-paste text that is bigger than will fit on the screen at one time, can you select it all at once?

wiredwrx 11-24-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartV (Post 1180465)
What if you want to delete more messages than will fit on the screen at one time?

Because of the bug in BES with messages that are sent while tethering (if using Outlook in Cached Mode), I often am deleting 20 or more messages at one time. I normally use the method Dawn described to select all of them at once and then hit Delete.

So, can you multi-select messages on the Storm, including messages that you have to scroll down to get to?

For that matter, if you want to copy-and-paste text that is bigger than will fit on the screen at one time, can you select it all at once?

Once you touch another email with your second finder, you can remove, swipe, and touch again, and it will extend the highlight and then delete

someonexh 11-24-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredwrx (Post 1180556)
Once you touch another email with your second finder, you can remove, swipe, and touch again, and it will extend the highlight and then delete

:) Just figured that out this morning. This was bothering me like crazy.

StuartV 11-24-2008 10:30 AM

Are you saying that you have to delete them in batches? E.g. instead of deleting 30 messages at once, you select all the ones you can see on the screen, delete them, then select the next batch, etc..?

someonexh 11-24-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartV (Post 1180841)
Are you saying that you have to delete them in batches? E.g. instead of deleting 30 messages at once, you select all the ones you can see on the screen, delete them, then select the next batch, etc..?

Nope..

Put your finger on the top email message, then put another finger on the bottom or any other one. It should put your storm in "select" mode.. you can now scroll down and when you put your finger on another email it will select all of them until that point, and you can keep going.

qc_metal 11-24-2008 10:51 AM

What about selecting ones that are not part of a batch? For example, I want to delete one message that is below 3 or 4 that I do not want to delete, but want to delete them along with the previous batch I selected.

someonexh 11-24-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qc_metal (Post 1180867)
What about selecting ones that are not part of a batch? For example, I want to delete one message that is below 3 or 4 that I do not want to delete, but want to delete them along with the previous batch I selected.

Oh sorry, I think I misread your previous question. From my knowledge, you can only delete them in batches.

webmstrk9 11-24-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qc_metal (Post 1180867)

you'd have to batch around it. Unlike the iphone where you can put a check next to the ones youre wanting to move/del. I don't know if it is avail in this current build, though it would be a nice option for a future release.

StuartV 11-24-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someonexh (Post 1180856)
Nope..

Put your finger on the top email message, then put another finger on the bottom or any other one. It should put your storm in "select" mode.. you can now scroll down and when you put your finger on another email it will select all of them until that point, and you can keep going.

Cool. Thanks for the info.