BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Storm on T-mobile works out of box (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=190298)

dunks16 05-16-2009 01:34 PM

Storm on T-mobile works out of box

I got my storm unlocked from verizon for tmobile today. I put my sim card in the phone turned iit on and everything works already. I have full EDGE, my gmail, browser and it says T-mobile at the top.

So my question is, will this eventually stop working or something? because I see the settings for unlocking it in the stickies at the top but everything already works so why would i have to take those steps in the sticky to get everything working?

DonJose 05-19-2009 02:03 PM

Hey did you happen to try Myfaves on your storm? I have one too unlocked from Verizon but that's the only thing i haven't gotten to work

pimptempura 05-19-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunks16 (Post 1384701)
I got my storm unlocked from verizon for tmobile today. I put my sim card in the phone turned iit on and everything works already. I have full EDGE, my gmail, browser and it says T-mobile at the top.

So my question is, will this eventually stop working or something? because I see the settings for unlocking it in the stickies at the top but everything already works so why would i have to take those steps in the sticky to get everything working?

Congrats and welcome to the club. Mine did the same. Do not upgrade ur os on the phone. U will lose data connection. I downgraded to the orig verizon os .75 so I can hold EDGE. WHEN U CLICK ON manage connections does it say status is roaming?

cscotty 05-20-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimptempura (Post 1387408)
Congrats and welcome to the club. Mine did the same. Do not upgrade ur os on the phone. U will lose data connection. I downgraded to the orig verizon os .75 so I can hold EDGE. WHEN U CLICK ON manage connections does it say status is roaming?

Um..true but there is a way around loosing EDGE that has proved effective.

dunks16 05-20-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimptempura (Post 1387408)

Yeah actually I was in the process of updating the OS after i got it unlocked but I didnt understand how to do it so I wiped the phone to start all over and when it came back on I noticed that everything was already there after I did the wipe so I said forget the OS update because i didnt want to mess anything up and its been working fine so far. ;-)