BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anniversary Post Removed??? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19168)

ksatterwhite 11-15-2005 10:19 AM

Anniversary Post Removed???

Has anyone noticed that the post about the Anniversary giveaway has been removed? The original post where we opted in can still be searched for but is closed. The post with the winners and many questions about where the cases are and what happened has been removed.

Hmmm...

I wonder what's going on?

Dawg 11-15-2005 10:22 AM

that is strange would be nice is Tom would share what happened if there was a problem getting the cases or what ever the case maybe

ksatterwhite 11-15-2005 10:32 AM

If we aren't going to receive the cases that we were expecting, we should at least get an explanation.

I find it rude and irresponsible that he wouldn't reply to questions asked and then likely deleted the post.

Dawg 11-15-2005 10:33 AM

Yeah I agree

ksatterwhite 11-15-2005 11:00 AM

I wonder if the sponsors that donated the cases know about this? If I was a sponsor that had donated items for a giveaway and the items were not given away as intended I would be very mad. I certainly would not continue to provide sponsorship.

KonTiki 11-15-2005 11:11 AM

Maybe the problem was with obtaining the cases in the first place. Give the man an opportunity to explain things rather than speculate.

katya 11-15-2005 11:18 AM

I am stunned that the whole thread has been removed. It is bad enough to not send the cases to the "winners" (I am one of them) and to completely ignore all requests for information via postings and emails but to yank the thread..... not a good move.

Mark Rejhon 11-15-2005 11:24 AM

I had no knowledge of this. I'll go pass an inquiry to the owner of this forum and find out what happened... Might have something to do with a supplier problem or something, but I will find out. He'll probably post in this thread himself though.

katya 11-15-2005 11:29 AM

KonTitki - in the thread that was removed Guess stated that he had received the cases (this was in late August or early Sept) and would be shipping then "soon." He requested and received my shipping address on Sept 12th. That is the last I've heard from him and he has not responded to a PM I sent to him in Sept or an email sent to him the end of Oct.

KonTiki 11-15-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katya
KonTitki - in the thread that was removed Guess stated that he had received the cases (this was in late August or early Sept) and would be shipping then "soon." He requested and received my shipping address on Sept 12th. That is the last I've heard from him and he has not responded to a PM I sent to him in Sept or an email sent to him the end of Oct.

Since I was not one of the winners I did not follow the thread that close, I should have been more aware of the situation prior to posting then, and yes with what you state there would be more concern on my part. I hope it gets resolved for all of you satisfactorily and soon then.

katya 11-15-2005 11:49 AM

Thanks KonTiki. Frankly, at this point it is not so much about getting a case but being blown-off. Most eveyone understands that sometimes things don't work out but nobody likes being blown-off.

Hopefully Mark R can get somesort of response from Guess and let us know what happened. Thanks Mark for stepping in.

ksatterwhite 11-15-2005 12:10 PM

I agree with katya in that it's not about not getting the cases now. It's more about being ignored. It's now 3 months since the contest ended. I feel this is more than enough time to resolve the issues. If the cases were not received from the sponsor, then Guess should not have posted that he had received the cases. I was also asked for my shipping address so that he could send my case. This was some time ago. Then to ignore posts, pm's, emails is unacceptable.

Just my thoughts...

BadWolf 11-16-2005 10:12 AM

The whole thing stinks.

tregrad 11-17-2005 09:12 AM

Maybe the truck driver gets paid by the hour instead of the mile LOL. sounds pretty fishy. I agree the being blown off part is what really sux.

katya 11-19-2005 12:48 PM

opps

bbmember 11-19-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katya
Just noticed that Guess has the time to post about how he created his own BlackBerry Theme http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19457 yet he does not have the time to respond to folks inquiries about the contest?

Correction I think that was Guest not Guess, but I did see Guess posting earlier today on problems with his BB service

katya 11-19-2005 01:18 PM

bbmember is right. My screwup. Need more coffee this morning. Now if we could just get Guess to tell us what is going on....

BadWolf 11-19-2005 01:35 PM

Maybe change the topic of this thread to "Guess read this now!" and get a mod to make it sticky! :)

ksatterwhite 11-20-2005 03:02 AM

I have sent him emails and pms without response. I don't think changing the topic will make him respond. I am thinking about sending emails to the sponsor(s) about this. I'm sure they would like to know that he did not follow through. If I was a sponsor and this happened I would NOT continue to sponsor this site.

Guess should at least respond to the group as to what has happened. Even if he does not intend to ship the cases that he said he would. If lived in his area I would consider filing a civil action to get his attention.

Good thing this isn't a sales oriented website. I'm sure he would have a decline with how he is treating us.

Not everyone can be respectful and honest.

Tom 11-20-2005 03:16 AM

Here is the deal guys.

The company that had originally sent some cases sent them to me directly for the purpose of reviews etc, I decided to reuse those cases as a sponsorship giveaway, and was promised by a un named company that they would provide me with more cases as i didnt have nearly enough 7290/7100/7250 cases (i mainly had 7100t cases).

These were never sent and I kept receiving promises they would be, nothing as of yet. Therefore this contest is null and void.

I was waiting it out until the company would send me more (said company is NOT currently a sponsor), therefore I did not reply to the 20 people wanting their free cases.

ksatterwhite,
This website is free for your use, the case would have been free to you, what have you ever done to help the site? NOTHING. You do not deserve even to log onto this website, as you arent greatful for the resource provided to you at no cost whatsoever.

Just as a warning, if you show any further animosity towards this website, or myself, your account will be permanently disabled and removed.