BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Third Party App Push Not Working. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=200787)

DaveyBoy101 08-13-2009 04:08 AM

Third Party App Push Not Working.

Hi folks,

I have tried pushing out a third party app from our BES without much luck. I was given .cod. Alx files for the installation and placed them in the designated folder as the guide suggests and set the share to read only for Everyone. I ran the app loader and that generated the .PKG and XML files.

From the BES I created a software configuration and created a policy with the default settings and made sure the disposition was set to required, also set delivery to wireless. Then I assigned the application config to the user and waited and waited and am still waiting lol.

Somebody sugegsted i set the application policy to disallow to see if the BEs status changed in the BES. i did this and absolutley nothing happened. I understand the BES should then report no software configurations as being present.. it didnt it just sat there saying the same thing. Which apparently definetly should not happen.

I am kinda lost now.. anybody got any idea, this is driving me nuts !!

Thanks,
Dave.

penguin3107 08-13-2009 08:14 AM

Exactly how long have you waited? Software deployment occurs every 4 hours.

Check the logs to see if there's any indication of why the application isn't deploying.

Are you sure the app is compatible with the handheld OS you're trying to push the package to?

Is your device.xml file on BES up to date?

DaveyBoy101 08-13-2009 09:54 AM

Well i have looked in the log and the bes is polling every 4 hrs but i

I downloaded a new device.xml which includes our device type.. which is the 8900 curve. The app has been installed one of our 8900 and it works as expected.

I am lost!!

bulletooth 08-14-2009 10:57 AM

What version of BES? if 4.1, right click user and select "Deploy Applications"

Right click user and select "update configuration check status"

Check the Software Config Status tab under Blackberry Domain and see if there is progress for that user

CCK01 09-16-2009 09:28 AM

Do anyone have a list of application that can push out thru BES? I mean popular application like: google map which I did it and work very well.

MarshBklyn 09-16-2009 10:41 AM

AP news
Bloomberg moblie
Rutuers news
CBSnews
RSA token ID
just to name a few. AP news and Bloomberg mobile are my top favs. I'm always on the lookout for more apps myself. Ones that are already packaged and zipped like google maps.

penguin3107 09-16-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCK01 (Post 1472363)
Do anyone have a list of application that can push out thru BES? I mean popular application like: google map which I did it and work very well.

C'mon now... this is just a ridiculous request.

hdawg 09-16-2009 07:21 PM

what ^ said.

CCK01 09-27-2009 11:43 AM

How do you push those application out from BES? I saw them on the Blackberry Application. Who has the list of the application that we can push out from BES?
IT policy is lock down within my organization and only authorized by IT and push out from BES. Google Maps work very well.

penguin3107 09-27-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCK01 (Post 1479035)
How do you push those application out from BES? I saw them on the Blackberry Application. Who has the list of the application that we can push out from BES?
IT policy is lock down within my organization and only authorized by IT and push out from BES. Google Maps work very well.

Just stop, please.

hdawg 09-28-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCK01 (Post 1479035)

SEARCH THE INTERNET. THERE IS NO MASTER LIST OF APPS THAT CAN BE PUSHED FROM BES. ANY APP WITH AN ALX AND COD IS PUSHABLE.