BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Updating to V 5.0.0.348 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=210493)

allaya 11-14-2009 01:20 AM

Updating to V 5.0.0.348

[CENTER]Hi to very one.

I have problem and I hope that you are guys can help me.

I am planing to update my 8900 software to 5.0.0.348 but couldnt.

I was going to insert pic but couldnt because my post 0 ,, so I will try to explain.
this masseage alwayse show up when traying to update " Only active Blackberry subscriber are entitled to install this software upgrade"

thanks guys and i hope u can help

wcr3d 11-14-2009 03:07 AM

Wirelessly posted

The phone has to be activated.

allaya 11-14-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcr3d (Post 1506981)
Wirelessly posted

The phone has to be activated.

Thanks my friend, But how can I activate it ?

poolbizz 11-14-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaya (Post 1506989)
Thanks my friend, But how can I activate it ?

are you trying to upgrade through desktop manager?
if so dont... go to program files then common filles then research in motion files then apploader and click on loader exe
if ur using dm 5.0.1 and thats what it sounds like, i was having connection issues with it, went back to 5.0

fredysb 11-16-2009 05:53 AM

To activate the phone for BIS, reboot the phone, Go to Options, Advanced options, Host Routing Table.

You will see a few lines of data. Press the "Blackberry Key" this will bring up a small list of options. Select "Register Now". This will register your BB with the BB network.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raptor464 11-16-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaya (Post 1506965)
[CENTER]Hi to very one.

I have problem and I hope that you are guys can help me.

I am planing to update my 8900 software to 5.0.0.348 but couldnt.

I was going to insert pic but couldnt because my post 0 ,, so I will try to explain.
this masseage alwayse show up when traying to update " Only active Blackberry subscriber are entitled to install this software upgrade"

thanks guys and i hope u can help

You have to delete the Vendor.xml file located at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and then run apploader.exe in that same directory

kpoland 11-16-2009 10:00 AM

You can do an update without an active subscription by doing a "stealth" OS reload.

Delete the Vendor.xml file located at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Run Loader.exe from that directory.

Pull the battery from your device, and put it back in. Plug in the BB and IMMEDIATELY click the "next" button - here's where you want to make sure the port shows USB: UNKNOWN.

If it shows the PIN, you were too slow. Try again.

Basically, you're loading an OS from the bottom up. There is no "backup/restore" available for this. You'll lose everything on the device.

But it will work.